Top iOS 13 Beta Problems and How to Fix Them
With Apple announcing the latest iOS 13 at WWDC, it is obvious that users will now install iOS 13 beta in order to have a taste of the new operating system. In the meantime, users have discovered problems lurking in iOS 13. Some of the problems are new, others have carried over from the previous version of iOS. In this guide we take you through fixes for the most common iOS 13/iPadOS problems that have been reported.
- Problem 1: Unable to Install Update An Error Occurred Installing iOS 13
- Problem 2: iOS 13 Update Stuck on Verifying Update
- Problem 3: iOS 13 and iPadOS Update Stuck on "Resume Download" or "Update Requested"
- Problem 4: iPhone Battery Draining Fast iOS 13
- Problem 5: Wi-Fi not working on iPhone iOS 13
- Problem 6: Bluetooth not working iPhone iOS 13
- Problem 7: iPhone Cellular Data Not Working iOS 13
- Problem 8: Notifications Not Working iOS 13
- Problem 9: Face ID Not Working iOS 13
- Problem 10: Touch ID Not Working iOS 13
- Problem 11: WhatsApp Not Working iPhone after iOS 13 Update
- Problem 12: iOS 13 Update/Downgrade Stuck in Recovery Mode
- Problem 13: iPhone keeps Restarting/Stuck on Apple Logo/Black Screen iOS 13
- Problem 14: iPhone XR/XS/X Does Not Receive Calls on iOS 13 Beta
- Problem 15: Huge iOS 13 Bug: I can see and take action on devices not belonging to me.
- Problem 16: Apps Won't Download/Update on iPhone iOS 13
- Problem 17: App crashing iOS 13
- Problem 18: iPhone Messages Not Sending / Can't Send Text Messages on iPhone
- Problem 19: FaceTime Connection Issue iOS 13
- Problem 20: There’s A Delay When Swiping to Other Pages on the Home Screen Since Upgrading to iOS 13 Beta 3
- Problem 21: Note Crashes Frequently iOS 13
- Problem 22: iPad/iPhone Reboots Sometimes When I'm Not Even Using It in iOS 13
- Problem 23: Siri Issues in iOS 13
- Problem 24: Touch Screen Lagging iOS 13
- Problem 25: iPad iMessage Screen Not Rotating iOS 13
One Stop Solution for All iOS 13 Update Problems
With a plethora of issues from iOS 13 beta, users are fed up of trying their hands on a number of solutions. Hence, they are searching for a universal solution that might solve the issue. And it is this time when Tenorshare ReiBoot comes into handy. This tool is capable of solving more than 50+ issues related to iOS update, downgrade or daily use. Hence, whether it is unable to install iOS 13 or iPhone battery draining fast after iOS 13 update, this tool is capable of solving the issues with simple clicks. The best part of this iOS system repair software is that your data are kept intact always.
Now that you have the universal solution at your service, here are some common problems that you might face in iOS 13 beta. We have also provided some common solutions to these issues.
Problem 1: Unable to Install Update An Error Occurred Installing iOS 13
In iOS 13 beta 2, some users are unable to install update with the error "Unable to Install Update an Error Occurred Installing iOS 13 Developer beta 2". This means that the users can't install iOS 13 on iPhone/iPad/iPod. There are some tips to fix if you also have the error "An error occurred installing/downloading iOS 13".
- Check and make sure that your iPhone is connected to the Internet.
- Force restart your iPhone or iPad/iPod touch.
- Delete the downloaded update and then try to re-download and reinstall the update.
- Clear more storage on your iDevice. Generally, however the update size is, you'd better leave double the available space.
- If you are not able to download the latest iOS from Settings > General > Software Update, then you can always use iTunes.
Fix iPhone won't update and update to iOS 13 successfully using ReiBoot. This software will fix iPhone update problems and help to update to latest iOS without hassle.
Related Read: iOS Won't Install Error on iPhone/iPad
Problem 2: iOS 13 Update Stuck on Verifying Update
When you tried to install the latest iOS, but the "Verifying Update…" popup isn't go away after 10 minutes or longer. It is very possible that the iPhone stuck on verifying update. This makes users go nuts. Here are some solutions for the same.
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network.
- Force restart iPhone.
- Delete the iOS update and download it again. Go to iPhone > General > iPhone Storage and tap on the software update, and then tap the red Delete Update button. After this, you can go back to Settings > General > Software Update and try downloading and installing the update again.
To quickly fix the problem iPhone stuck on verifying update, you can use ReiBoot to fix the stuck. And after system repair using this system repair software, the iOS version in your iPhone/iPad /iPod will update to latest official iOS.
Related Read: How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Verifying Update
Problem 3: iOS 13 and iPadOS Update Stuck on "Resume Download" or "Update Requested"
iOS 13 and iPadOS won't progress past "Resume Download" or iPhone stuck on update requested in iOS 13? Here are some tips to fix iPhone update stuck on resume download problem.
- If you are installing the beta version, you can try to remove the beta profile, restart your device and then install the profile file again.
- Make sure that you are connected to Wi-Fi. One of the main reasons an iPhone stuck on update requested is because your iPhone/iPad has a weak or no connection to Wi-Fi.
- It is possible that your iPhone is stuck on update requested because its software crashed. You can hard reset your iPhone/iPad to unfreeze your device.
Related Read: How to Fix iPhone Update Stuck
Problem 4: iPhone Battery Draining Fast iOS 13
The iPhone battery drain issue is one of the most common problems that can be seen in almost every update. And iOS 13 is one of them. Here, the battery draining faster on iPhone/iPad than earlier and users get frustrated. Here are some tips to fix iOS 13 battery drain issue.
- In order to fix this issue, turn on the Low Power Mode. All you need to do is go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.
- To save battery, you can always lower the brightness of your screen and turn off the animations. This will help you save a lot of juice so that your iPhone runs for a long time.
Related Read: How to Save Battery on iPhone X/XR/XS/8/7
Problem 5: Wi-Fi not working on iPhone iOS 13
The iPhone Wi-Fi problem is one of the common issues that users face every now and then. You will always find some or the other person complaining about his Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting or Wi-Fi greyed out issue.
Quick Fixes to iPhone Wi-Fi Problems iOS 13
- If your iPhone is having some Wi-Fi issues, then turn on and off the Airplane mode. This will disconnect all the networks that your iPhone is connected to and will connect them again.
- In addition to this, you can also reset network settings. This will solve all the issues related to your network. This is very easy to implement. All you need to do is go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Related Read: Top iPhone WIFI Not Working Problems and How To Fix Them
Problem 6: Bluetooth Not Working iPhone iOS 13
The next common issue that iPhone users face is Bluetooth issue. Here, user's iPhone's Bluetooth does not connect to any other Bluetooth device. This is frustrating as well as irritating for users. Here is a solution for you.
If your iPhone Bluetooth not working in iOS 13 beta, you can turn on and off the Airplane mode. In addition to this, you can also reset the network settings. This might help you restore your Bluetooth connection.
If the common tips above do not fix the Bluetooth problems, you can use ReiBoot to repair iOS system to fix Bluetooth issue thoroughly.
Problem 7: iPhone Cellular Data Not Working iOS 13
Cellular issue is one of the most irritating iOS 13 beta errors for the users. Here, users are not able to make a phone call or send a normal text message. This makes their iPhone completely useless as the handset cannot perform basic functions. Here are some solutions for you if cellular data not working iOS 13.
- First, go for the Airplane mode.
- Next, you can reset the network settings.
- Restart or force restart your iPhone if mobile data not working iPhone.
Read here to find more tips to fix cellular data not working on iPhone after update.
Problem 8: Notifications Not Working iOS 13
After installing iOS 13 beta, some users find that the app notifications not working. Some find their iMessage notifications not working, while others find the facebook or Instagram notifications stop working any more. Well, here are some solutions.
- See if Do Not Disturb feature is turned on or not. If it is on, you need to switch it off by going to Settings > Do Not Disturb.
- If you are facing this problem for some specific app, make sure that you have allowed the notification for that app. Go to Settings > [App] > Enable banners and alerts.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Turn on Always Show Previews. Navigate to the Settings app and tap Notifications > Show Previews. Make sure there's a check mark next to Always.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset All Settings.
Repair iPhone system to fix notifications not working if it is a system glitch. This will fix the problem without data loss.
Problem 9: Face ID Not Working iOS 13
Face ID came to the new generation of iPhones with the 10th anniversary iPhone X. It uses user's face to unlock the iPhone. But with the new iOS 13 beta, the Face ID stops working randomly.
- Start or Force restart your iPhone.
- Make sure that your front camera is clean. You can wipe it clean with a tidy cloth so that it can scan your face properly.
- You can also reset all setting on your iPhone. This can be done by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not erase your data, but will erase the settings you have saved for your device.
Problem 10: Touch ID Not Working iOS 13
If Face ID is not working for some users, then it is also possible that Touch ID will also be not working for others. Here, users complain that their iPhone Touch ID won't recognize finger or Touch ID won't unlock iPhone. If you are one of them, then here is the solution.
- Force restart your iPhone.
- Make sure that your fingerprint scanning area is clean and not oily. Wipe it clean for better results.
- Delete your existing fingerprint and enroll a new finger.
- Reset all setting on your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Also read: How to Fix Touch ID Not Working after Update
Problem 11: WhatsApp Not Working iPhone after iOS 13 Update
The odds for some apps not working on the new iOS 13 beta are high. And WhatsApp being the most popular messaging app is one of the apps that users claim the WhatsApp crashing or iOS 13 WhatsApp not connecting/opening. Here are some solutions for you to follow.
- Update WhatsApp if there is an update available. Go to App Store and click on the Updates tab at the bottom. If an update is present, you just need to press update button.
- You can also force restart your iPhone.
Related Read: Top WhatsApp Problems and Fixes
Problem 12: iOS 13 Update/Downgrade Stuck in Recovery Mode
If your iPhone or iPad stuck in recovery mode after installing iOS 13 or iPadOS beta, you can use ReiBoot to get out recovery mode by one click.
Problem 13: iPhone keeps Restarting/Stuck on Apple Logo/Black Screen iOS 13
Now and then you may find that the new iOS is not working as smooth as we expect, just like this guy describes: "My iPhone X keeps restarting on its own at random times, and this started after updating to iOS 13…". Other problems that have been reported include: iPhone stuck on Apple logo, iPhone spinning wheel and black screen.
The Best Way to Fix iPhone Stuck & Errors
iOS system repair software ReiBoot is the most effective way to fix these iPhone problems without data loss. It will download the latest IPSW file and install it to your device without erasing the current data.
- Force restart iPhone.
- Restore iPhone in iTunes. This will restore iPhone to factory settings, but you'd better backup your iPhone beforehand because all data will be wiped out after restore.
Problem 14: iPhone XR/XS/X Does Not Receive Calls on iOS 13 Beta
In iOS 13 beta 2 or public beta version, some users find weird that they can't receive calls. This could be because you have certain settings turned on, if there's a problem with your network or it is a bug in beta version.
- Turn Airplane mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
- Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off.
- Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking > Identification.
- See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.
- Remove and reinsert your SIM card.
- Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
If all above tips can't resolve the iPhone won't make or receive calls, I will suggest you downgrade iOS beta and rolls back to official iOS. You can use ReiBoot to remove the beta version and goes back to iOS without data loss. Read more to learn how to downgrade iOS 13 beta.
Problem 15: Huge iOS 13 Bug: I can see and take action on devices not belonging to me.
This is a problem that has been fiercely discussed in Reddit, when this person can see an iPhone, 2 iPads and a watch around he for 30 seconds before disappearing. Though this problem has not been widely discovered, it is still frightening. Until now some people are trying to replicate it without success, and the author said this problem only happened twice and in both cases all unknown devices disappeared within 30 seconds. Here are some tips for you if you are worried to be tracked by other devices. I will recommend you to turn off Fine My iPhone. The steps are:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on iCloud
- Scroll down to Find My iPhone
- Tap on the switch to turn off Find My iPhone. You will be requested to enter the Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone.
Problem 16: Apps Not Downloading/Updating on iPhone iOS 13
After installing iOS 13 (beta), you may find that some apps not updating or downloading. When iPhone won't download or update apps after update, you can try to fix it using these tips.
- If you are trying to download apps over mobile data, please try Wi-Fi. Apple limits the size of app downloads over cellular to 150 MB. If the app you want to download is bigger than that, the app won't download successfully.
- Restart the App Store. The apps not downloading on iPhone may have to do with the App Store itself. So force-quit the App Store app and re-open it to download the app again.
- If you can see the app icon appears on your home screen, but the download is slow or it is not downloading at all, try to hard press the icon for the app you're trying to install. In the pop-up meu tap Resume Download. This is applicable on iPhone 6s or newer with 3D Touch screen.
- Check your Apple ID payment methods. You need to have a payment method in your Apple ID if you are trying to download a free app.
- Sign out of App Store and sign back in.
- Reset iPhone settings.
- If you won't download apps on iPhone in iOS 13 beta, it could be a known bug. You can wait for the update or downgrade to iOS 12.
Problem 17: Apps Crashing iOS 13
It is a known bug that some apps crashes after iOS 13 update, like Health app and Apple Maps app quit randomly. When iPhone apps crashes after update, here are some troubleshooting tips.
- Check for updates in iOS and Apps. Open App Store > Search app name in Store search box. Or tap on Update for all apps update > See Available Updates section.
- Force quit the crashing app and relaunch it.
- Reboot or restart iPhone, iPad.
- Free up storage on iPhone/iPad.
- If the problem starts from the iOS beta version, you can downgrade iOS to resolve it.
If iPhone apps keep crashing without a known reason, repairing iOS system to clean reinstall iOS can fix it to a large extent.Read here how to fix iPhone app crashing.
Problem 18: iPhone Messages Not Sending / Can't Send Text Messages on iPhone
Are you unable to text on iOS 13? When you are trying to text a message, you'll see the error "Your message was not sent. Tap try again to send this message". When your iPhone can't send or receive messages, try the steps below.
- Make sure you are connected to a network. The reason why you can't send text messages might be because the iPhone is neither connected to cellular network or a Wi-Fi work.
- Check the recipient's phone number/email.
- Quit and re-launch the Messages app.
- Restart your device.
- Check iMessage system status.
- Reset network settings.
Problem 19: FaceTime Connection Issue iOS 13
Some users said that they had WiFi and connection issue when on FaceTime in iOS 13, if you are also troubled by this kind of issue, then you can have a try of the solutions below:
- Go to Settings, turn off WiFi, then turn on it again or just try to use another WiFi connection.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime, turn it off and on again.
- Restart your device to ensure your installation of iOS 13 is completely finished.
- Double click home button to force close FaceTime, then restart it to try again.
Problem 20: There’s A Delay When Swiping to Other Pages on the Home Screen Since Upgrading to iOS 13 Beta 3
It is reported that there was a delay or a freezing when swiping to other pages or apps on the home screen after upgrading to iOS 13 Beta 3. As there is no this kind of issue on iOS 13 beta 2, it should a bug of beta 3. If you want to solve the annoyed problem, just follow the tips below:
- As it maybe a temporary issue, please wait for about 12 hours after updating to iOS 13 beta 3, then you can use your device without problem.
- Go back to beta 2 and wait for the next version.
- Restart your iOS device, if it is still the same, force restart it would be help.
Problem 21: Note Crashes Frequently iOS 13
Note crashes is a common issue when upgrading iOS, if you also face the issue when updating to iOS 13, then here is the right place for you to solve the bug with the following methods:
- Force restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to complete the installation so that the issue can be fixed.
- Go to Settings > Your account > iCloud > Note, disable it and then enable it again.
- Offload note app through settings and reinstall it again.
Problem 22: iPad/iPhone Reboots Sometimes When I'm Not Even Using It in iOS 13
iPhone/iPad keeps rebooting has ever been a big issue in iOS 12, although it has already been fixed before, some iOS 13 beta users said that they encountered this problem again. If you are one of the unlucky person, the following tips may help you:
- Hard reset your iPhone or iPad may be helpful.
- Close the apps running in the background to avoid uncertain app issue.
- Update apps to the latest version to protect your device from incompatible problem.
- Check and remove the suspicious apps. To check it, go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data, you can find a list of the analytics data.
- Clear up data and free up storage as updating error usually comes after less storage.
- Reset all settings is also a good way to solve updating issue, you can try it without any worry as it will not delete your data.
- Simply reset iPhone to erase all the potential issue.
Problem 23: Siri Issues in iOS 13
Apple announced that Siri would be greatly improved in iPadOS and iOS 13, however, many users that have tested the beta version said that there were still lots of issues with Siri. The issues include “cannot get my Siri to let me speak to it”, “Siri voice accents won’t download” and many others. Fortunately, there are some quick fixes:
- Restart your iOS device.
- Disconnect from cellular data and change to use WiFi. If you are using WiFi, just switch to another WiFi network.
- Check if there are restrictions on Siri, if so, disable them and try again.
- Make sure your Siri is on, you can check the option through: Settings > Siri & Search.
Problem 24: Touch Screen Lagging iOS 13
Touch screen is important for every iOS devices user, if touch screen lagged, it would be a huge trouble. Unfortunately, in the latest iOS 13 beta version, this issue occurs. However, don’t be too worry about that, we have listed lots of solutions for you:
- Force restart your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch can sometime solve the issue.
- Got to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch to adjust your 3D touch among “Light”, “Medium” and “Firm”.
- Check if it is caused by some certain app, uninstall it to see if the issue can be solved.
- Completely restore your device to make it like a brand new one.
Problem 25: iPad iMessage Screen Not Rotating iOS 13
As Apple has released many beta versions of iOS 13, there are a lot of using issues reported. For instance, a part of users said that their iPad iMessage screen not rotating. If this is also a trouble that bothers you, find solutions below:
- If you are a beta 2 version user, just update it to beta 3, the issue may be solved.
- Check your “Display and Brightness” feature, make sure the option is in “Standard” mode.
- Restart your iPad/iPhone or force restart them.
- Enter your iOS device into DFU mode and connect iTunes to fix the issue.
As the beta version is not very compatible, if the issue cannot be solved by the methods above, then we suggest you having a try of Tenorshare ReiBoot which can solve nearly all of the iOS system problems.
Wrap It Up
Now that you are well aware of all iOS 13 and iPadOS problems and their fixes, you can look out for them if you face one. You also know the basic solutions to these issues. If none of the solutions work, you can also use Tenorshare ReiBoot, which the universal solution for all iOS 13 and iPadOS problems. If you felt that the article was helpful, the do let us know by commenting below.