Top 3 Ways to Fix iTunes Error 4013/4014 When Restoring/Upgrading Your iPhone/iPad
Some users face an iTunes error 4013/4014 when restoring or updating their iPhone/iPad which prevents them from upgrading to the latest iOS version via iTunes. In this article we will introduce what iTunes error 4013/4014 is and list 5 ways to fix this error. Read on, please.
- 1. Easy Tool--Fix iTunes All Errors with Tenorshare TunesCare
- 2. Advanced Tool--Restoring Your iPhone with Tenorshare ReiBoot
- 3. Check USB Port & Connector
- Extra tip: An iTunes Alternative to Backup and Rstore Your iOS Data
What dose iTunes Error 4013/4014 Means?
iTunes error 4013/4014 (also called iPhone error 4013, iPhone error 4014) is a hardware related error which are mostly seen due to faulty cable or faulty port. To put it simply, the error is actually due to problems in connectivity between you PC / Mac and iDevice.
When you connect your iOS device to computer, although the device was recognized by the computer and there seem to be no loss of connection apparently but there are some faulty cables that hinder the transfer of data.
Part 1: 3 Practical Ways to Fix iTunes Error 4013/4014?
1. Easy Tool--Fix iTunes All Errors with Tenorshare TunesCare
Tenorshare TunesCare is a ultimate utility that designed to repair all kinds of iTunes upgrading and installing problems. It also does a great job in fixing numerous iTunes scanning issues. Download this amazing software and fix iTunes error 4013/4014 quickly.
1. Run Tenorshare TunesCare and click "Fix All iTunes Issues" to start repairing iTunes.
2. Now you'll see an interface saying iTunes performs abnormally. Click "Repair iTunes" to download the iTunes repairing drives.
3. After downloading the repairing drives for iTunes, Tenorshare TunesCare will automatically start to repair your iTunes. When repaired successfully, your iTunes will restart automatically.
2. Advanced Tool--Restoring Your iPhone with Tenorshare ReiBoot
This method is usually recommended as the last-thing-to-try if all other method didn't work for you. To repair your iPhone/iPad operating system, you need the help a professional system care tool that provides an easy way to fix all issues related to iOS operating system. In this way, you can also fix the iTunes errors.
Instead of using the traditional way to enter recovery mode manually, Tenorshare ReiBoot offers you an easier way to put iOS device into recovery mode with 1 click.
Free download this freeware to your Windows or Mac. Remember back up your data with iCloud before you restore your device.
1. Connect your iOS device to computer via the OEM USB cable.
2. As Tenorshare ReiBoot detect your device, click "Enter Recovery Mode" to put your device to recovery mode automatically. If your device display the classic USB to iTunes logo, it enters recovery mode successfully.
3. Now run iTunes, iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and you can restore your device with iTunes now.
3. Check USB Port & Connector
As iPhone error 4013 can be hardware related such as a faulty port and a faulty cable. Thus you need to check the USB port and connector.
- Use the USB cable that came with your device. If you don't have it, try a different Apple USB cable.
- Switch to a different USB port on your computer. Don't plug into your keyboard.
- Try to plug into a different computer.
Part 2. Extra tip: An iTunes Alternative to Backup and Rstore Your iOS Data
The Backup&Restore feature of Tenorshare iCareFone is designed to help iPhone, iPad and iPod users to back up their device and restore from backup in case of data loss. This software can be your best choice when iTunes can't recognize your device or you can't backup/restore iTunes backup for other reasons. Moreover, it allows you selectively backing up data from device, which will save much valuable time.
Then guide you step by step.
Backup without iTunes & iCloud
Step 1: Connect Device--Tab"Backup & Ratore"from the top menu.
Step2: Select Files
By default, all the file types will be ticked. You can also select the files types you need to backup.
Step 3: Backup Completed
Restore from Backup
Step 1: Connect your iOS device to computer and run the program. Click "Backup & Restore". Press "To view the previous backup files" in the lower left corner to check the backups.
Step 2: Tenorshare iCareFone will automatically load all the iTunes backups and list them out in this page. Check the backup you need to restore from and click the "Restore" button. After restoring, you device will reboot and contain all the data in the backup that you just restored from.
So we have show you how to fix iTunes error 4013/4014. If you have any other questions or have better solutions to iTunes error 4013/4014, leave a message at the comment place.