How to Fix iPhone Won’t Accept Correct Passcode
“My iPhone 7 asking for passcode after iOS 11 update, when I entered the passcode, it won’t work. I know it’s correct. What does this mean and how can I fix it?”
Most iPhone users have set a passcode on their device to protect the safety of confidential information. But recently, some people complained that iPhone passcode not working after update. The reason for this problem is most likely an iOS software glitch or faulty operation. Currently, the only way to fix passcode incorrect is erasing the old one and setting a new one. Follow the methods below to check how to do that exactly.
- Way 1: Fix Cannot Unlock iPhone after Update in iTunes
- Way 2: Reset iPhone Password Via iCloud Restore
- Way 3: Fix iPhone Not Accepting Correct Password with Tenorshare iPhone Unlocker
- Way 4: Use Recovery Mode to Fix iPhone Not Accepting Passcode
If you have synced your iPhone in iTunes, you can restore iPhone to factory settings to erase password and then restore from backup.
- Connect iPhone to computer you have synced with.
- Run iTunes and back up your device.
- After backing up, click “Restore iPhone”.
- In the set up screen, tap “Restore from iTunes backup” when you see the option.
- Select your device in iTunes and choose a backup. You can set a new passcode after setup process.
iCloud is another alternative way to fix iPhone lock screen password not working after update. But this method is only available when you have enabled “Find My iPhone” feature.
- Go to iCloud on computer or another iDevice, sign in your Apple ID.
- Click “All Devices” at the top of the browser and select your device. Click “Erase iPhone” to wipe out password and everything from your iPhone.
Some users haven’t turn on “Find My iPhone” feature or iTunes restore failed and iPhone got stuck, the problem will be much difficult. Try Tenorshare 4uKey, an easy tool to remove passcode from iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7Plus/6s/6 within minutes and let you set a new one. Download this program on computer and follow the steps to see how it works.
- Run Tenorshare 4uKey and connect iPhone to computer. Once the device is detected, click “Start”.
- Then you can see an interface allows you to download the latest firmware package, click “Download” to proceed.
- Click “Unlock Now” when the firmware is downloaded successfully, the program will start cracking the old password. The whole process will complete in minutes and you’ll be able to set up iPhone as a new one.
Another alternative way to fix iPhone not recognizing passcode is using recovery mode restore; this method is recommended if you have never synced iPhone with iTunes.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes.
- Force restart your iOS device when it is detected.
For iPhone X/8/8 Plus: press and quickly release the “Volume Up” button, then press and quickly release the “Volume Down” button. Press and hold the side button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously, keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
For other iPhone models: Press and hold the Home and Top buttons at the same time, keep holding them until the recovery mode screen appears.
- When you see a message pops out asking you to restore or update iPhone, click “Restore”.
- Wait for the restoring complete, set up your iPhone.
This article shows you 4 ways to fix iPhone passcode not working after iOS 11 update/restart/reset. Choose the best method that suits your situation. If you have any questions about the methods or you have any better ideas, leave us a comment below.