Locked out of iPhone after iOS 14/13 Update? 4 Ways to Fix It
"Just updated to iOS 14/13 and can't enter "Passcode" on the passcode page. I tap on the numbers and they highlight but do not get accepted. Therefore, I am unable to gain access to iPhone. "
Till now there is no clear reason that can explain why iPhone is locked after update iOS 14/13. If you are unlucky to have the same trouble, no worries, here are 4 ways to help you get past the lock screen.
- Way 1: Try Default Passcode First
- Way 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
- Way 3: Restore Your Device with iTunes
- Way 4: Unlock Password Protected iPhone using 4uKey
Way 1: Try Default Passcode First
If iPhone requires passcode after update while you have never set it up before, a small trick yet has not been officially verified is typing 123456 or 1234 depending on the passcode digits. Some of the users proved this method workable, and maybe you can also close this problem.
Way 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
If above attempt failed, you are suggested to force reboot the device to see if the problem that iPhone locked and won't accept passcode can be solved.
- On iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus: Press the Volume Up and Down button accordingly then long hold the side button till it reboots and shows Apple logo.
- On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold up Power button and Volume down button together. Release both keys when Apple logo appears.
- On iPhone 6/6s/5 and earlier, it's Power button and Home button.
Way 3: Restore Your Device with iTunes
Making an up-to-date backup is always recommended, which can help save a lot of trouble. For example, if iPhone won't unlock after update to iOS 14/13, you are good to restore from last backup and get iPhone back to normal. However, you will lose all the data supposing there is no backup available.
- 1. Connect your iPhone with iTunes and press certain keys to enter Recovery Mode screen.
- 2. iTunes will detect your iPhone in Recovery Mode and ask you to restore the device.
- 3. Once the device is restored successfully, your iPhone will be initialized with Hello Screen.
- 4. Set up Touch ID or create a new passcode. After that, choose Restore from iCloud/iTunes backup if there is. Or you can only choose to set up as new iPhone.
Way 4: Unlock Password Protected iPhone using 4uKey
For whose iPhone not accepting passcode after update even if it's correct, or iPhone asks for passcode that never set before, another solution is to use iPhone passcode unlock software. As a recommendation, you may take Tenorshare 4uKey from Tenorshare into consideration, which can remove iPhone passcode or Touch ID lock in few minutes.
Underneath I will show you how to use 4uKey to solve passcode required after iOS 14/13 update.
- 1. Connect your iPhone with 4uKey after installation and click Start to move on.
- 2. Download latest iOS firmware package online.
- 3. When the software is downloaded, click Unlock Now to remove passcode.
After that, you can set up a new passcode to access your iPhone freely. I am sure now you won't have any problems if when being locked out of iPhone after iOS 14/13 update. Share this article if it's helpful.