How to Recover Photos from Dead iPhone
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2019-07-25 / Update for iPhone Recovery
"I have an original iPhone that has died, and I need to retrieve some photos from it. How do I recover them from the most recent iTunes backup?"
If you are an iPhone user, it's really common that after using an iPhone for a very long time, it dies. As it's an electrical thing, it can die for various reasons. But your important memories and photos are not something that you can leave to die. This is your chance to learn how to recover photos from dead iPhone easily. This article will not only help you to learn how to retrieve photos from dead iPhone and also give you exclusive tips on how you can fix a dead iPhone.
- Part - 1: Recover Photos from Dead iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/6S
- Part - 2: Extra tip – How to Fix a Dead iPhone
Part 1. Recover Photos from Dead iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/6s
If your iPhone has died for any kind of issues, you won't have to worry about your photos at all. It can be fixed easily when you have Tenorshare UltData software. This software can recover iPhone photos, contacts, messages, notes, etc. in a very short time. It has a very easy to use system and user friendly interface. Here is how you can learn about getting photos off dead iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus/6S/6/SE/5s/5.
Recover photos from dead iPhone from iTunes backup
1. Download and install UltData in your PC and run it.
2. Now click on "Recover from iTunes Backup File" from the main interface. Select any back up file that has stored data or select the latest one and click on "Start Scan".
3. You will find all the data from your dead iPhone in this menu. Now all you have to do is, tick on "Photos" and then you can either choose any image of your choice or choose them all. Finally click on "Recover" button from the right bottom.
Recover photos from dead iPhone from iCloud backup
1. Download and install UltData in your PC and run it. Now click on "Recover from iCloud Backup File" from the main interface.
2. Now you need to log into your iCloud account to let the software to detect any backup file from iCloud backup in your iPhone.
3. Then, choose an iCloud back that has stored your photos and the file type you need to download (Here is photos). click on "Next" to move on.
4. Now in the same way, you will have to choose any selective photos or choose them all and then click on "Recover" button to finish the process.
Part 2. Extra tip: How to Fix a Dead iPhone
When your iPhone gets stuck at black screen or becomes dead, it goes to apple logo and then black screen and back to apple logo. Sometimes it doesn't turn on at all. For this, you may get iPhone disconnected error. The common causes are:
1. Installed an iOS update and your device will not reboot. It gets stuck on black screen with apple logo, or is stuck at blue screen with spinning wheel, or sometimes the device is restarting infinitely.
2. Stuck on black screen after iOS jailbreak.
3. Random black screen of death/stuck without an exact reason.
You cannot do an iTunes restore or reset when an iPhone is stuck on black screen, iTunes does not recognize your device. Putting your iPhone into recovery mode may solve this issue immediately.
Case – 1: How to fix an iPhone that won't turn on (Software issues)
If your iPhone dead problem is caused by software issues, then you can easily fix it by using Tenorshare ReiBoot. It's a v ery easy to use and effective app to put an end to your iPhone's software related issues. It can help you reboot iPhone from recovery mode without losing files. Here is how you can fix an iPhone for software related issues –
1. Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot in your PC and run the software.
2. Connect your iPhone in to your PC via a good quality USB cable. As ReiBoot detects your device, click "Enter Recovery Mode" button to start entering into recovery mode.
3. Now click on "Exit Recovery Mode" and wait for some time. Your phone will boot up from the problem and everything will be fine.
Case – 2: How to Fix a Hardware Dead iPhone
If your dead iPhone is caused by hardware issues, you will have to ask for help from Apple or go to a repair store to fix it. There is no way you can fix a hardware issue with the help of software.
After reading this whole article, you can easily follow the step by step process to learn how to recover pictures from dead iPhone easily with the help of Tenorshare UltData. Also if you are facing dead iPhone problem for software related issues, Tenorshare ReiBoot can be a life saver for you.