[Easy Hacks] How to Recover Trimmed Video on iPhone
If you have some questions following, then you gotta find the right place and we offer you detailed answer about "recover trimmed video on iPhone".
- Q 1: I accidentally clicked trim original instead of save as new clip, is there any way to recover the original video? I wish there was a confirmation question when trim original is selected or an undo button.
- Q 2: May I know how to revert trimmed video on iPhone XS. I save it as original clip instead of new clip. I didn’t back up to iCloud/iTunes ...
- Q 3: I accidentally trimmed the original video on my i7+. Please help me somehow. I really need the video back. Any way?
- Part 1. Is It Possible to Get Accidentally Trimmed Original Video iPhone?
- Part 2. How to Recover Trimmed Video on iPhone from Backup?
- FAQs about Trimmed Video on iPhone
Part 1. Is It Possible to Get Accidentally Trimmed Original Video iPhone/iPad?
It depends. Firstly, you need to check whether you have saved the trimmed video as new one. If you trimmed the video using Photo apps. Go to the video in Photos, tap Edit > Revert. If that doesn't work, there is no chance for you to recover unless you have a bcakup.
Unluckily, If you don't have backup, they are just permanently gone and no other tool can help you work out.
Part 2. How to Recover Trimmed Video on iPhone from Backup?
As what we have talked about before, If you have backed up your iPhone. Then there is high chance for you figure out how to recover trimmed video on iPhone easily. Here we introduce separately how to untrim video on iPhone from iTunes and iCloud backup.
How to Restore Trimmed video on iPhone/iPad from iTunes Backup with UltData
"I accidentally trimmed a video on my iPhone." We feel you. Want to know how to recover trimmed video on iPhone XS/8/7? We recommend using Tenorshare UltData, a great tool that allows users to recover trimmed original video iPhone from iTunes backup. The main advantages of using Tenorshare UltData include:
- Preview lost files from iTunes backup
- Support selective data recovery
- Recover without overwriting current data on your iPhone
- Restore trimmed audio/voice memo on iPhone
To recover trimmed videos using Tenorshare UltData from iTunes Backup, follow the procedure below.
Download, install and run Tenorshare UltData on Mac or PC. Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, select the most appropriate file and click Start Scan.
Preview the videos you wish to recover and select them and click Recover.
Pic 2. Now you can preview trimmed file using UltData
The last step is to export original file to computer or your iOS device.
Why I Don't Recommend to Use iTunes to Recover Trimmed Video on iPhone/iPad?
- Recovering from iTunes backup doesn't support you to preview what kind of files there.
- Your iTunes backup will overwrite your current data on iPhone.
- It will take a long time to recover from backup.
Related Read: How to Save WhatsApp Audio on iPhone
How to Get Back Trimmed Video on iPhone from iCloud Backup using UltData
If I don't have iTunes backup, how to recover cropped video on iPhone? You might ask. Similarly, you can use Tenorshare UltData selectively recover trimmed video iPhone using iCloud backup without restoring their device. Note: If you sync data to iCloud after you trimmed the video, then this method doesn't work.
Download UltData on your computer or Mac, then select Recover from iCloud Backup File. Enter your Apple ID and password to enter your iCloud account.
Then UltData will detect the data you'v backed up before, then select the backup file and click Next.
Click Start Scan to scan the backup, preview and select the videos then click Recover.
Now you can recover them to your device or computer.
Some disadvantages of using iCloud directly to recover trimmed video on iPhone:
- If you have synced the newest data to iCloud, there is no chance to find original file back.
- It takes some time even hours to finsh downloading backup file.
- You need to restore from a whole backup file and couldn't preview the exact one in advance.
how to get back a trimmed video on iPhone? Recovering trimmed videos on iPhone is a simple and straight-forward process that can be undertaken using any of the methods detailed above. Tenorshare UltData allows you to preview and selectively recover lost or deleted trimmed videos.
FAQs about Trimmed Video on iPhone
1. How to trim video on iPhone?
If you have recorded a nice video and wish to give it a better look or want to remove some of the unwanted portions, you can easily do it with the built-in video trimming tool in Photos app on your iPhone.
- Go to Photos and fin the video, then tap Edit at the op right of the screen.
- Drag the right and left slide to trim your video.
2. Can you untrim a video on iPhone?
Actually, it all depends on the tool you're using and how you trim a video. If you want to get the original video, the best way is to have a backup in acvance before you decide to trim.
3. When you trim a video on iPhone does it keep the original?
Using the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad enables you to save the trimmed video as a new clip. After you trim a video, just click share button and select a file to kepp. Then you will see trimmed video and original video.
4. How to recover deleted videos on iPhone?
Sometimes you might accidentally delete videos on iPhone without backup. Here we have a tool called Tenorshare UltData, which helps you to restore missing videos directly from your device. Here we give you a detailed guid on on retrieve deleted videos on iPhone without backup.