[4 ways] How to Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password
When there are situations that demand factory resetting your iPad, you have a galore of options in front of you. But, have you ever gave it a thought to how to carry out factory reset your iPad without iCloud password. Whether your iPad got locked due to multiple wrong password attempts, or some software glitch, failed iOS updation has forced your iPad to behave weirdly. In case you are unsure and wondering which method to choose for safely factory resetting your iPad, we have got your back.
Through this article, we are offering you the best options to factory reset the iPad without iCloud password.
- Part1: Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password when iPad is Unlocked
- Part2: How to Factory Reset iPad when Device is Locked/Disabled
Part1: Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password when iPad is Unlocked
Factory Reset iPad from Settings Panel
The first method to factory reset iPad without iCloud password is using the 'Settings' panel. It can be done directly on your iPad, without any hassle. Make sure that you have taken a backup prior to factory resetting your device. Here is the process:
- On your iPad, tap 'Settings' and open 'General' followed by 'Reset'.
- Now, you need to click on 'Erase All Content and Settings' for restoring it to factory settings.
- You can find a white screen with Apple logo along with the progress bar.
- As soon as the data gets cleaned, the iPad will restart and you need to set it up as a new device.
Factory Reset iPad with iTunes
Well, for the above method, you might require iCloud password, in case the iPad is locked. But, in this method you can factory reset iPad without iCloud password in that scenario as well. iTunes is an effective method for resetting your iPad. Here comes the guide.
- Launch iTunes and get a USB cable to connect iPad and your computer. Key in the iPad passcode if prompted to trust the computer.
Note: In case you have backed up your iPad, ignore the prompting and tap 'Don't Back Up'.
Part2: How to Factory Reset iPad when Device is Locked/Disabled
- Using Third-party Tool to Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password
- Factory Reset Locked iPad with Recovery Mode
Using Third-party Tool to Factory Reset iPad without iCloud Password
Well. After you are done with the various ways of factory resetting your iPad without iCloud password, then you are yet to encounter the best of them. Tenorshare 4uKey happens to be the most effective solution so far, which can easily factory reset your iPad or any other iOS device for that matter.
You can effortlessly unlock and factory reset the iPad, as the software can bypass any kind of passcode or password on your device. Face ID, Touch ID, or the 4 to 6 digit passcode from Apple can easily be bypassed while factory resetting the iPad, as 4uKey will work wonders with it. Whether you are using a Windows or Mac system, the tool runs smoothly on both operating systems. The latest iOS devices are compatible with this software and you can use it with the newest iOS versions. Tenorshare 4uKey guide to factory reset your iPad as below.
Get Tenorshare 4uKey installed on your computer and then run it. Connect your iPad using a lightning cable followed by tapping 'Start' button.
Press the 'Download' button afterwards while allowing sometime for the latest iOS get downloaded on the iPad.
You need to hit the 'Start Unlock' button and get the passcode removed. It will take a while to finish the process.
Now, your iPad has been factory reset and you will require to set up the iPad as a fresh device. Use your iTunes and iCloud backup for restoring your data and then configure new passcodes for the iPad depending upon your requirement.
Factory Reset Locked iPad with Recovery Mode
When you haven't synced your iPad with iTunes for some reason, you can use 'Recovery Mode' for factory resetting iPad without iCloud password. Here is the guide.
- Connect your iPad to the computer after launching iTunes.
For resetting your iPad in 'Recovery Mode', you need to force restart it in the same mode. Press the 'Sleep/Wake' and 'Home' buttons at once till you can view the 'Connect to iTunes' text appear onscreen.
Click on 'Ok' button over the message that reads 'iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode' followed by the 'Restore' option thereafter. Past then, set up the iPad as a new one.
From the above article, it is prominent that Tenorshare 4ukey is the ultimate option to factory reset your iPad without using iCloud passcode. It also supports to factory reset iPhone without Apple ID. With this tool, you can not only factory reset the device but also unlock a password forgotten locked iPad.
- 100% working to remove iCloud activation lock without password/Apple ID;
- Most efficiently unlock iCloud account if you forgot password;
- Log into App Store with new Apple ID after bypassing activation lock;
- Support iOS devices from iPhone 5S to iPhone X (for iOS 12.3-13.5.1, 12.4.5/12.4.6/12.4.7 excluded);