Top 5 Ways to Fix iTunes Sync Error 54
Do you encounter unknown error occurred 54 in iTunes when you try to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes as the same pop-up message below?
"The iTunes Library file [iPhone] cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)."
iTunes usually occurs annoying errors when we want to sync, restore or do a backup for our iPhone/iPad, which are really irritating to stop our operations to finish the matter in our hands. One of the most famous notorious iTunes errors is iTunes sync error 54, which will happen when syncing music or pictures on iOS device with iTunes. How to fix iTunes sync error 54 for iPhone/iPad/iPod? No worries. This helpful article will elaborate top 5 ways to you to fix iTunes sync error 54.
Way 1: Restart Computer and iPhone/iPad/iPod
Generally, in some case, if you click on "OK" the sync process will continue. But if the operation has been ceased due to the error 54 in iPhone, you can try to restart both your computer and your iOS 10/9/8 device firstly.
Way 2: Update iTunes and iOS
After you have tried the first simple method, if the iTunes sync error 54 in Windows 10/8/7 still troubles you, you have to make sure you have the latest iTunes version and the latest software updates for your iDevice.
Way 3: How to Completely Fix iTunes Error 54 in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
If the aforementioned solutions are not working for you to solve the iPhone error, please follow the step-to-step guides to remove your trouble.
- Step 1: Open Windows Explorer and then Music folder.
- Step 2: Right click on your iTunes folder and select "Properties".
- Step 3: In the pop-up window about Properties, you should uncheck the Read Only option under Attributes and click "OK" to confirm the changes.
- Step 4: Then there will be a pop-up window for you, where you should choose "Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files" and click on "OK".
- Step 5: If the 5 steps are still not successful to help you to fix iTunes error 54 in Windows 7,8,10, please continue to make sure you have already had full control on the iTunes folder: Right-click on the iTunes folder again > properties > security and click edit > full control > click apply.
Way 4: Completely Free Way to Repair iTunes Error 54
iTunes fails to read content of your iPhone? iTunes sync session failed to start? iTunes can't recognize iPhone? Tenorshare TunesCare can help you remove all iTunes syncing problems for iPhone, iPad and iPod within only one click.
- Step 1: Download Tenorshare TunesCare and connect your iOS device to computer via a USB cable. If Tenorshare TunesCare can't detect your device, just click "Fix All iTunes Issues" to fix your iTunes firstly.
- Step 2: Once Tenorshare TunesCare detects your device successfully, click on "Fix iTunes Sync Problems" to repair iTunes issues.
Way 5: The Best Way to Restore iTunes Sync Error 54
Tenorshare ReiBoot is a high recommended repair tool that can fix all kinds of screen stuck, iOS stuck issues, ITunes errors and other issues. If you are looking for a professional software to fix the iTunes sync error 54, here is the best way to remove your trouble.
- Step 1. Connect your iOS device to computer via a USB cable.
- Step 2. As Tenorshare ReiBoot detect your device, click "Fix All iOS Stuck" and you'll see the interface below and just click "Repair Now" to start the process.
- Step 3. Download firmware package online or import the existing firmware package manually.
- Step 4: Once the firmware package is downloaded completed and successfully, please click "Start Repair" to repair your iOS system.
If you still have some other questions about iTunes issues such as iTunes error 4005, iTunes error 14, you can head to the webpage - Fix iTunes Errors to get your answers.