How to Recover WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
Being one of the most popular and well-liked messaging app, WhatsApp is on each and every user's device. Billions of people use this messaging app on daily basis for communication and various other purposes owing to its amazing features. Hence, one just cannot afford losing all the WhatsApp data. And if you one of the people who has just lost all the WhatsApp data, you surely must be finding a way to recover WhatsApp on iPhone and Android. In the below article, we will be discussing the best ways to restore WhatsApp on iPhone as well as on Android.
Part 1: How to Recover Lost WhatsApp on iPhone
First we will discuss best three ways to recover lost WhatsApp on iPhone. You can choose any one of the ways as per your concern and situation.
Way 1: Directly Scan and Restore WhatsApp on iPhone
You can simply scan and restore WhatsApp on you iPhone with this method. All you need is a helping hand and that is provided by Tenorshare UltData. Follow below steps to recover WhatsApp with this tool.
- 1. Connect your iPhone to PC and choose recovery mode. "Recover Data from iOS Device" mode is also the default mode. Your iPhone will be automatically detected by the tool.
- 2. You have option to either select what you exactly want to scan or recover or simply click on "Select All" option. Select All option will initiate a deep and thorough scan. Now tap on "Start Scan".
- 3. All the scanned files will be displayed. To recover, you can either select "Check all" option or just the "Only display the deleted items" option. Once you are done with the selection of files to be recovered, tap on "Recover". You can recover the files to computer or to your device.
Way 2: How to Recover WhatsApp from iPhone with iTunes Backups
If the above solution doesn't work for you, you can get back your lost WhatsApp iTunes backup too.
- 1. Switch to Recover from iTunes backup files mode from normal Recovery Mode. Now select iTunes backup to start the recovery process.
- 2. When the scan process is finished, an exhaustive list of your WhatsApp will be displayed.
- 3. Now, select what all data you want to recover. You can either recover to your device or to computer.
Way 3: How to Recover Lost WhatsApp from iPhone with iCloud Backups
- 1. Switch to Recover from iCloud backup files mode from default recovery mode. Next sign in to your iCloud with your Apple ID as well as password. If you are logged in already, you can choose option Software Access that will allow to sign in automatically.
- 2. All the iCloud backups in list will be displayed. Choose the appropriate and the latest backup from the list.
- 3. Select WhatsApp to recover lost WhatsApp and tap on Next. This will start the process. All the WhatsApp data will be displayed when the process is finished. Choose what to recover from the scanned and displayed WhatsApp data and also the device where the recovered data will be stored.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp on Android
If you have an Android device and have lost WhatsApp for some unknown reason, Tenorshare Android Data Recovery will aid you get out of this dilemma if you haven't taken backup.
- 1. First connect you Android to your PC using USB and enable USB debugging option. Or you simply connect via Wi-Fi too. Now download and open Tenorshare Android Data Recovery App on your Android phone and tap on "Scan QR Code to Connect" and simply scan the QR code to get connected.
- 2. Once the scanning is done successfully, the device will be immediately connected to PC. Now click on Allow >> Start. This will initiate the scan process of your device.
- 3. Now select WhatsApp from the option and click on Next. Further select location to save the recovered files and tap on Scan.
- 4. Now preview all the files before recovering them and click on Recover. You also options of Quick Recovery and Deep Scan.
In the above article, we have discussed best easy solutions to recover lost WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. We have also seen Android WhatsApp recovery. Feel free to share your feedback with us by simply commenting below.