How to Recover 1 Year Old WhatsApp Messages
WhatsApp has become one of the basic needs of the man in today's life. Since its launch, it has managed to grab a huge user base on its side. People depend on the app to chat with friends and family member. But sometimes, you accidentally delete messages that are of utmost importance to you. These messages can be as old as a year. So the question remains: how to recover 1 year old WhatsApp messages? There are a handful of ways that can be used. Here are some of them that might help you solve the issue of recovering old WhatsApp messages.
- Way 1: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages by Restoring from a Google Drive Backup
- Way 2: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Using Tenorshare Android Data Recovery
Way 1: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages by Restoring from a Google Drive Backup
In order to use this method to recover old WhatsApp messages, you should make sure that this option was enabled from the beginning. This can be checked by following the below steps:
- In WhatsApp, go to Menu >> Settings >> Chats >> Chat backup
- Click on the option "Backup to Google Drive." Choose the frequency of the backup period other than Never.
- Make sure you have a strong Internet connection since it might take time to backup.
If you have checked this option earlier, you can proceed now. Else you can use the next solution. In order to know how to how to retrieve old WhatsApp messages, you must now follow the below steps to know how to retrieve old WhatsApp messages in new phone:
- Make sure you are using same Google account that was used to take the backup of your WhatsApp data. If this is not the same account, then the method will not work.
- All you have to do now us uninstall the WhatsApp and install it again. After installation, after the verification of your number is done, you will be asked if you need to restore the message from your Google drive or not. Click on Restore option.
- The app will now restore your data. If the backup contains the data that you are looking for (1 year old), then you are lucky. After you are done with restoration process, click on Next. After the initialization is complete, you will be able to see your chats. Restoration of media files will be done once the chats are restored.
In order to use this method to know how to recover old WhatsApp messages, you must check if the following things are in place or not.
- A Google account for having a backup
- Google Play service installed in your device
- Ample amount of memory in your device to allocate the restored data from backup
- Ample amount of memory in your device to create another backup if needed
If you are having trouble with this method, you can always use the next one to retrieve old WhatsApp messages.
Way 2: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Using Tenorshare Android Data Recovery
The above method is only useful if you are lucky enough. Chances are very low for the backup of 1 year old data to be present on your Google Drive. Hence, this solution is always better to recover WhatsApp messages older than 7 days. Using Tenorshare UltData for Android can solve your issue. This tool is useful to recover your data if you have not taken any backup. Follow the below steps to recover old deleted WhatsApp messages Android:
Video Guide: How to Recover WhatsApp Data with UltData for Android
Cutting the chase, we just had a look on how to perform WhatsApp recovery for Samsung phones. You can use your backup to retrieve the messages. But this message comes with a set of disadvantages as mentioned above. On the other hand, using Tenorshare Android Data Recovery will be the most suitable option in this case. Leaving the rest to your fine judgment, we know that you will make the best choice from the above mentioned solutions. Last, but not the least, do let us know your thoughts on this article. Also let us know of any other solution that you think might solve the issue. You can do this by commenting below.