How to Recover 1 Year Old WhatsApp Messages without Backup
WhatsApp has become one of the basic needs of the man in today's life. Since its launch, it has managed to grab a huge user base on its side. People depend on the app to chat with friends and family member. But sometimes, you accidentally delete messages that are of utmost importance to you.
These messages can be as old as a year. So the question remains: how to recover 1 year old WhatsApp messages? There are a handful of ways that can be used. Here are some of them that might help you solve the issue of recovering old WhatsApp messages.
- Part 1. Top 2 Ways to Recover 1 Year Old Whatsapp Messages Android
- Part 2. How to Recover 1 Year Old Whatsapp Messages iPhone
Part 1. Top 2 Ways to Recover 1 Year Old Whatsapp Messages Android
Way 1. How to Recover 1 Year Old Whatsapp Messages without Backup
Tenorshare UltData - Android Data Recovery is able to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages no matter how long you have deleted. This tool is useful to recover your data if you have not taken any backup. Follow the below steps to recover old deleted WhatsApp messages Android:
- Download and install Android Data Recovery on your computer and run the software. Connect your device to computer via an USB cable.
There are 2 features to choose from, select "Recover WhatsApp Data".
Follow the on-screen instruction to enable USB debugging on your android phone. After that, your android phone will be detected automatically. Then, click “Start” button on the program.
When the scan is over, all WhatsApp data will be displayed including one year old Whatsapp messages. Select the message you want to restore by clicking “recover” button. Also, you can preview them before recovery.
Video Guide: How to Recover WhatsApp Data with UltData for Android
Way 2. How to Recover 1 Year old Whatsapp Messages from Google Drive
If you have backed up Whatsapp messages to Google Drive 1 years ago, then congratulations! You can use Google Drive to recover one year old Whatsapp messages. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone
- Open the WhatsApp and enter your phone number to verify.
- Tap “Restore” option when it pops up a windows to ask you confirm.
- Next, tap “Next” when the restore process is completed, and then your WhatsApp chats will be displayed after a while.
- At last, WhatsApp will begin to restore all your backup file after your chats are recovered.
- Chances are very low for the backup of 1 year old data to be present on your Google Drive.
- You are unable to selectively restore the messages you want to restore.
- The chances of success are slim.
Part 2. How to Recover 1 Year Old Whatsapp Messages iPhone through WhatsApp iCloud Backup
If you have backed up Whatsapp messages in iCloud one year ago and tuned on auto backup before, then it is possible to get back those lost Whatsapp messages, because WhatsApp has a buit-in feature that enables you to back up chats as well as media to iCloud Drive. When you reinstall the WhatsApp, it will ask you to restore your WhatsApp chat history to your iPhone from iCloud. Follow the steps below:
Firstly, check if there is an available iCloud backup for you to retrieve deleted whatsapp messages. Open WhatsApp, and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- After confirmed, uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Launch the WhatsApp and verify your phone number. It will then guide you to restore the chat history from iCloud.
Write in the End
Cutting the chase, we just had a look on how to perform WhatsApp recovery for Samsung phones. You can use your backup to retrieve the messages. But this message comes with a set of disadvantages as mentioned above. On the other hand, using Tenorshare UltData - Android Data Recovery will be the most suitable option in this case. Leaving the rest to your fine judgment, we know that you will make the best choice from the above mentioned solutions. Last, but not the least, do let us know your thoughts on this article. Also let us know of any other solution that you think might solve the issue. You can do this by commenting below.