5 Ways to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos on Android
We often do things we did not intend to do. And when we accidentally delete an important WhatsApp video that we didn't have to delete, it could be a really overwhelming experience.
If you've found yourself in a similar situation and wondering how to recover deleted videos from WhatsApp on Android, this article has got you covered. In this post, we give you 5 exclusive ways you can use to recover the deleted video files on Android. Without any delay, let's talk about how to recover WhatsApp deleted videos.
- Part 1: Can You Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Videos
- Part 2: How to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos on Android
- Way 1: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Android Phone's Gallery
- Way 2: One-Click to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos (Recommend)
- Way 3: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Google Drive Backup
- Way 4: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Local Backup
- Way 5: Recover Deleted Videos from WhatsApp on Android Google Photo
Part 1: Can You Retrieve Deleted Whatsapp Videos
Before we talk about specific methods, you need to know whether WhatsApp deleted video recovery is actually possible. Well, the good news is: it is possible! There are a few ways how you can retrieve the videos you might have deleted accidentally. You can either recover them with a dedicated Android data recovery tool, or you could try restoring them from your phone's Gallery, a backup stored on the cloud or your phone's internal storage.
Part 2: How to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos on Android
Now that you know WhatsApp deleted video recovery is possible and there're 5 ways you can use to recover deleted videos on Android, it's time to figure out how to do it exactly. Well, it depends on whether you have previously turned on the backup, or whether you still have a local backup stored on your device. Nonetheless, here are the top 4 methods you must use how to recover deleted videos from WhatsApp on Android.
Way 1: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Android Phone's Gallery
If you're wondering how to recover deleted WhatsApp videos with the easiest method, this one might be for you. However, it's also very limited and may not work, especially if you have deleted the videos from your Gallery, too. But if you have deleted the videos from the WhatsApp chat alone, and the option to delete the media as well wasn't selected, then your videos might still be in your phone's Gallery.
To check that, follow the steps.
- Navigate to the Gallery app that your phone comes with.
- Tap on the Album icon and select Videos. You'll see all the videos including your WhatsApp videos here.
Check whether the videos you need are still there.
Way 2: One-Click to Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos (Recommend）
When it comes to how to restore deleted WhatsApp videos without backup, the best solution for the job might be Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery. UltData WhatsApp Recovery is one of the best WhatsApp deleted video recovery apps on the internet. Below are some of its features.
- Restore deleted WhatsApp messages on Android without backup and root
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone or iTunes backup
- Recover WhatsApp data including photos, videos, messages, attachements, and etc.
- Save and view WhatsApp backup you scanned on the program
- Highest data recovery success rate in the industry
Here's how to recover WhatsApp videos not backed up.
Download and install UltData WhatsApp Recovery from the download link above. Once installed, open the app and click "Device" on the main screen to recover WhatsApp data.
Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable and then enable USB Debugging by following the on-screen instructions.
When your phone is connected successfully, click "Start" to scan for deleted WhatsApp data. Make sure you're logged in to your WhatsApp account and have a backup.
Then the program will reinstall WhatsApp on your Android. Wait and follow the on-screen guidance. After that, it will scan the WhatsApp data.
Select the videos you want to recover. In this case, make sure to select "Video", then click "Recover" in the bottom-right corner.
Your WhatsApp videos have now been successfully recovered!
You May Like: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Audio on Android
Way 3: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Google Drive Backup
Another answer to the question, "How to restore WhatsApp videos" is Google Drive backups. However, for this method to work, you must have enabled WhatsApp backup previously, and your previous chat history must be backed up to Google Drive. Plus, videos are only stored on Google Drive if you turn on the "Include Videos" option in WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
If you have turned on that option and you know that your chats have been backed up previously, here's how to recover deleted video from WhatsApp Google Drive backup.
- Delete WhatsApp from your phone.
- Open Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and login to your account.
- When asked to restore a backup from Google Drive, give it the permission and tap "Restore".
When the restoration is finished, tap on "Next" to open the restored WhatsApp chats where you had the deleted videos.
- That's all about how to recover deleted WhatsApp videos from Android phone via Google Drive backup.
Way 4: Recover WhatsApp Deleted Videos from Local Backup
You probably don't know this, but WhatsApp often takes a backup of your chats automatically and stores it on your internal storage every day at 2:00 a.m. If it hasn't been long since you lost the WhatsApp videos, you can restore your deleted videos from the latest WhatsApp backup.
To do that, you need to find the WhatsApp local backup location and then get the backed-up WhatsApp videos back. Here's how to recover deleted WhatsApp videos using this method.
- Open your phone's default file explorer or file manager.
- Go to Internal Storage > WhatsApp. You'll see multiple folders within the main WhatsApp file folder.
Select WhatsApp Media and choose WhatsApp Video from the list.
- Within the WhatsApp Videos folder, there're all the videos sent, received, or private videos as well. Simply open any of the videos that you want to recover and send it to your WhatsApp.
Way 5: Recover Deleted Videos from WhatsApp on Android Google Photo
If you have the Google Photo app installed on your Android phone and have turned on the "Back up & sync" feature to backup WhatsApp photos and videos before deleting the WhatsApp videos, then it's easy for you to recover deleted WhatsApp videos from Google Photo.
Check out the instructions below to learn how to recover deleted videos from WhatsApp on Android.
- On your Android phone, open the Google Photo app.
- Tap on the Library option in the lower right and you should see all the folders that are being backed up to your Google Photos account, including WhatsApp Videos and WhatsApp Images.
- Tap on WhatsApp Videos and search for the deleted one(s).
Select the deleted video you want to recover and sent it to your WhatsApp.
If you've been wondering how to recover deleted WhatsApp videos from Android phone, this article has given you all the pieces of information you needed to have.
You have learned all the methods you needed to know to pull this off. Plus, you have also learned about Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, which is the best WhatsApp video recovery app for Android.