How Do I Transfer Music from iTunes to Android on Windows and Mac
Want to transfer iTunes music to Android for enjoying any time any where? Here is a tutorial on how to get iTunes music on Android on Windows and Mac. The method is a little different between Windows users and Mac users. Check it now.
1. Transferring Music fron iTunes to Android using Copy & Paste - for Windows User
For Windows users, to move music in iTunes library is quite easy. The traditional copy & past way is enough. No extra software is needed. This way is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and even Windows XP. Some differences might happen when getting Start menus started.
- Step 1. Open iTunes and go to the menu bar. Find "File" and click on it, then navigate to "Library" and then click on "Organize Library".
- Step 2. Check "Consolidate files" option and click on "OK". Then all of your music are put into one folder.
- Step 3. Click on "Start menu > Computer/This PC". Explore window opens. Click on the "Music" in the left part. Then go to "iTunes > iTunes Media". There you can see a "Music" folder. Right click on this folder and choose "Copy".
- Step 4. Then you can connect your Android phone to your PC via the USB cable. You phone will show up under Devices in "Computer". Open it and paste "Music" folder in it.
2. How to Transfer Songs from iTunes to Android on Mac
Unlike with Windows, transferring iTunes songs to Android on Mac is a little more troublesome. You need to install Android File Transfer (https://www.android.com/filetransfer/) on your Mac at first as Mac can’t detect newer Android devices directly using USB cable. With this program, you can browse and transfer files between your Mac computer and your Android device.
Then let’s get started the tutorial on how to transfer music from iTunes to Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One and other Android devices on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, etc.
- Step 1. Copy and paste the above URL to any browser to download and install the AFT on your Mac.
- Step 2. Drag androidfiletransfer.dmg into Application folder.
- Step 3. Connect your Android device to Mac via the USB cable.
- Step 4. Double click AFT to open it. Then you can free transfer files between your Android and Mac. You can copy files up to 4GB.
This tutorial on how to transfer music from iTunes to Android is very easy. But you need to notice that only DRM-free music can be played on Android device. If the music files you want to transfer to Android are DRM protected, you need to remove the DRM at first.