3 Ways to Show Saved Wi-Fi Password on iPhone/iPad
"I have a Net gear wireless router; don't know the model but it is probably their least expensive one. Anyway my iPhone 6 won't remember the password. Is there a way to view Wi-Fi password on iPhone that I've already entered?" - Apple Community
Wi-Fi passwords are widely used to protect wireless networks around the world. Once you connected to a Wi-Fi network, it will be saved on your iPhone or iPad automatically. However, it doesn't mean that you can get access to that network directly forever. Sometimes you may forget the passcode of your home network and fail to connect the internet, you would be urgent to know how to see iPhone Wi-Fi password. Luckily this article will list you 3 easy methods for viewing wireless password on iPhone, including an iOS password finder.
- Part 1: How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Jailbroken iPhone
- Part 2: How to Show iPhone Wi-Fi Password without Jailbreak
- Part 3: How to Show iPhone Wi-Fi Password with iOS Password Finder (Highly Recommended)
Jailbreaking iPhone will invalidate the warranty from Apple and is usually restricted. However, you really can do more things and make your digital life more convenient with jailbreak. Viewing Wi-Fi password on iPhone is just one of the benefits.
1. Using "WiFi Password" in Cydia
- Launch Cydia app and search "WiFi Password", tap on "Install" to proceed.
- Click "Return to Cydia" when the installation is complete.
- Press the Home button the return Home screen. Launch the "WiFi Password" app and all the Wi-Fi networks you've used on the iPhone as well as their passwords will be presented.
2. Showing Wi-Fi Password with NetworkList
- Open Cydia app on your iPhone or iPad and type "NetworkList" from the search box, download and install it on your device.
- Now you can tap "Restart Springboard" when the option is prompted. You'll home screen will restart.
- Then open "Settings" app, choose "WLAN" and you'll see an option from the list called "Known Networks".
- Tap on it and you'll be able to see all the passwords for the Wi-Fi networks you've connected.
Apart from the 2 apps we mentioned above, there are also other Wi-Fi password hacking applications such as iSpeedTouch, WPA Tester, Speedssid, Dlssid and so forth. You can choose one of them to get back your lost Wi-Fi password on jailbroken iPhone or iPad without much effort.
Although we cannot download Wi-Fi password hacking apps on non-jailbreak iPhones, there are some built-in features that also helps to restore lost password.
1. Find Wi-Fi Password with Router Settings
For people who are using the original iOS devices, they can easily view the saved Wi-Fi password with Router Settings. The steps are just simple like below:
- Go to "Settings" -> "WLAN" and you can see the network names. Choose (i) icon near the one you want to get password for and then copy the Router IP address.
- Open your Safari and type the IP address to open the login panel page like below.
- Then you can login with the default user and password. If the admin doesn't work, you can also Google the password with specific Router model name.
2. Use iCloud Keychain Sync to View iPhone Wi-Fi Password
iCloud Keychain is also an alternative way to check forgotten Wi-Fi password on iPhone. This is because if you use the same iCloud account on iPhone and Mac, all the data will be synced between the devices. To use this feature:
- Open "Settings" app on iPhone and then go to iCloud, tap on Keychain to turn on this feature.
- Back to "Settings" and toggle on the "Personal Hotpot".
- Open your Mac and connect it to iPhone's Personal Hotpot.
- Use CMD + Space key to open "Searchlight" on your Mac. Type in "Keychain Access" in the search box and press "Enter".
- Enter the name of the network and then tick the checkbox next to the "Show password" option.
- If you also set a password on your Mac, there will be a pop-out windows asking you to enter the password for the admin account, type the password and click "Allow".
- Now the Wi-Fi password should appear in the text box next to Show Password
If you still can't view Wi-Fi password from above solutions, then Tenorshare 4MeKey is your another choice. This is a powerful, easy-to-use iOS password finder and manager to help you find password information that stored in your iPhone and iPad, such as Wi-Fi password, website and App login password, mail account password, Apple ID and credit card information. What's more, you can even export password to other password manager like 1Password, LastPass, Dashlane, Keeper and Chrome browser by using this program. Now let's see how to use it as below:
Step 1. Download, install and run 4MeKey to a Windows/Mac computer.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone/iPad to that machine and then click on "Start Scan" button.
Step 3. Wait for a few seconds, all your connected Wi-Fi passwords will be displayed.
We've heard too many users complain that they forgot the password for iTunes backups. If you are running iOS 11 on your device, they you can go to Settings – General – Reset to reset all settings. This will reset home screen layout and remove the backup password. However, you cannot use that backup anymore. With Tenorshare iBackupUnlocker, you can easily remove the password from the previous iTunes backup and get access to the files. No matter you remember a part of the password or forgot it at all, this tool can always get back your password with high efficiency.
Well, that's all the tips we have to help you view Wi-Fi password on iPhone, hope it can work for you! If you have other network issues on iPhone, feel free to contact us.