3 Ways to View Saved Wi-Fi Password on iPhone 11 and iPad
I have a Net gear wireless router; don't know the model but it is probably their least expensive one. Anyway my iPhone 6 won't remember the password. Is there a way to view Wi-Fi password on iPhone that I've already entered?"
- Apple Community
- Part 1: How to Show iPhone Wi-Fi Password on Mac without jailbroken iPhone 11/XR/XS/X
- Part 2: How to Retrieve iPhone Wi-Fi Password with iOS Password Finder (Highly Recommended)
- Part 3: How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Jailbroken iPhone iPhone 11/XR/XS/X
Part 1: How to Show iPhone Wi-Fi Password without Jailbreak iPhone 11/XR/XS/X
Although we cannot download Wi-Fi password hacking apps on non-jailbreak iPhones, there are some built-in features that also helps to restore lost password.
1. Find Wi-Fi Password with Router Settings
For people who are using the original iOS devices, they can easily view the saved Wi-Fi password with Router Settings. The steps are just simple like below:
- Then you can login with the default user and password. If the admin doesn't work, you can also Google the password with specific Router model name.
2. Use iCloud Keychain Sync to View iPhone Wi-Fi Password
iCloud Keychain is also an alternative way to check and retrieve Wi-Fi password on iPhone that is forgotten. This is because if you use the same iCloud account on iPhone and Mac, all the data will be synced between the devices. To use this feature:
- Open "Settings" app on iPhone and then go to iCloud, tap on Keychain to turn on this feature.
- Back to "Settings" and toggle on the "Personal Hotpot".
- Open your Mac and connect it to iPhone's Personal Hotpot.
Here is a related video guide on how to see Wi-Fi password on MacBook:
Part 2: How to Retrieve iPhone Wi-Fi Password with iOS Password Finder
If you still can't view Wi-Fi password from above solutions, then Tenorshare 4uKey - Password Manager is your another choice. This is a powerful, easy-to-use iOS password finder and manager to help you find password information that stored in your iPhone and iPad, such as Wi-Fi password, website and App login password, mail account password, Apple ID and credit card information. What's more, you can even export password to other password manager like 1Password, LastPass, Dashlane, Keeper and Chrome browser by using this program. Now let's see how to use it as below:
- Download, install and run 4uKey - Password Manager to a Windows/Mac computer.
Bonus Tips: How to Remove iPhone Backup Password
Part 3: How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Jailbroken iPhone iPhone 11/XR/XS/X
Jailbreaking iPhone will invalidate the warranty from Apple and is usually restricted. However, you really can do more things and make your digital life more convenient with jailbreak. Viewing Wi-Fi password on iPhone is just one of the benefits.
1. Using "WiFi Password" in Cydia
- Click "Return to Cydia" when the installation is complete.
- Press the Home button the return Home screen. Launch the "WiFi Password" app and all the Wi-Fi networks you've used on the iPhone as well as their passwords will be presented.
2. Showing Wi-Fi Password with NetworkList
- Open Cydia app on your iPhone or iPad and type "NetworkList" from the search box, download and install it on your device.
- Now you can tap "Restart Springboard" when the option is prompted. You'll home screen will restart.
- Then open "Settings" app, choose "WLAN" and you'll see an option from the list called "Known Networks".
- Tap on it and you'll be able to see all the passwords for the Wi-Fi networks you've connected.
Apart from the 2 apps we mentioned above, there are also other Wi-Fi password hacking applications such as iSpeedTouch, WPA Tester, Speedssid, Dlssid and so forth. You can choose one of them to get back your lost Wi-Fi password on jailbroken iPhone or iPad without much effort.
Well, that's all the tips we have to help you view or find Wi-Fi password on iPhone, hope it can work for you! If you have other network issues on iPhone, feel free to contact us.