How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone/Android
by Sophie Green Updated on 2023-04-13 / Update for WhatsApp
It's happened to all of us. We delete a WhatsApp message from our phone, and then minutes or hours later, we realize we need it. Whether it was an important conversation or just a funny meme, recovering deleted WhatsApp messages can be a lifesaver.
This blog post will show you how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact on iPhone or Android. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions!
- Part 1: Can I Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
- Part 2: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
- Part 3: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone
- Part 4: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on Android
Part 1: Can I Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
Of course you can! First, you must know that WhatsApp stores all your messages on its servers, so it is possible to recover deleted messages for a single contact.
That being said, this process isn't as simple if you are using common ways such as backup and restore. But without wasting any more time, let's jump right into how you can restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact.
Part 2: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
Sure you want to know how to retrieve deleted messages on whatsapp sent by someone. Here are the steps you can take to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact:
Way 1: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from iTunes Backup
If you're using iTunes backup to restore, then the process for restoring deleted conversations is fairly straightforward. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Open iTunes on the computer you used to create a backup of your iPhone. To connect your device to the computer, use a USB cable. When you're asked for permission or a passcode, do what's appropriate.
Step 2: Once connected, select your iPhone or other iDevices from the options and click on its icon. In the Backups section, select "This computer." Afterward, press the Restore Backup button in iTunes.
Step 3: From the drop-down list, select the backup file by looking at its corresponding date and size. You can retrieve your iTunes backup file data on the iPhone by clicking the Recover button. If you lost WhatsApp messages or any other data on your iPhone, this would help recover it.
Note: To complete the process, you must restart your iPhone and keep it connected to your computer until the synchronization is finished.
Way 2: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from iCloud Backup
If you use the iCloud backup to restore, the process is similar. Here are the steps:
- To check if you have a WhatsApp backup, open the app and go to Settings. From there, select Chats and then Chat Backup.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and sign in with the same number you used. Verify the phone number when prompted and select Restore.
- When asked, select from which backup file you want to restore your data by selecting the most recent one listed in the options.
- After selecting a backup, wait for the restoration process to finish, and your deleted messages from one contact will appear back in no time.
Once you have followed all of these steps, you should be able to successfully restore your deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact on iPhone/Android. Keep in mind that if you don’t have an iCloud backup, the process will be more complicated and require third-party recovery software.
Way 3: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from iCloud Drive
If you have been using iCloud Drive, restoring deleted messages is slightly different. Here are the steps:
- Launch the iCloud Drive app on your iPhone, then select WhatsApp and look for the folder with your contact's name.
- Press the “Download” button to restore any messages stored in this folder.
- Once you have chosen which files you want to download, the restoration process will begin. After a few minutes, all the messages stored in this folder should appear on your iPhone.
Part 3: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone
As we mentioned before, using traditional methods may not be very helpful if you don’t have a backup of your device.
In this case, the best option is to use a third-party recovery tool, that is Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, which can help you recover deleted messages from one contact on both iPhone and Android devices.
Here is how it works:
To use UltData WhatsApp Recovery, launch the program on your computer and select "Device". To use this program, ensure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod is turned on and connect it to your computer or Mac with a USB cable.
Tap "Start Scan" to continue The program will automatically detect your iOS device if it is connected and trusted. When the software detects your device, it will show you which files you can scan and recover. You can select all or just some of them.
The program will now list all scanned files according to category. Select which deleted or lost data you need to recover to save time.To retrieve your lost files, select the ones you need and click "Recover”.
Now you can also recover them directly onto your PC.
Part 4: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on Android
Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery is also the best WhatsApp recovery tool which supports more than 6000 devices for Android users. Now let's see how you do that for your phone.
Install and launch the UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your computer and select the "Device" > "Android" feature.
Next, allow USB debugging in your Android device.
Once the program detects your Android device, it will show you the following screen. Click “Start” button to find deleted Whatsapp data in your device.
Choose the data you want to recover. Then click Recover and recover your WhatsApp data successfully!
In conclusion, we have shown you how to retrieve deleted messages on WhatsApp sent by someone. If you follow the steps that we have outlined carefully, especially using Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, then you should be able to get your deleted messages back without any trouble.
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you are now able to restore all of your lost WhatsApp messages.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 16 and Android 12/13.