How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone/Android
It's happened to all of us. We delete WhatsApp messages of one contact from our phone, and then minutes or hours later, we realize we need it. Whether it was an important conversation or just a funny meme, recovering deleted WhatsApp messages can be a lifesaver.
This blog post will show you how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact on iPhone or Android. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions!
- Part 1: Can I Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
- Part 2: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from Backup
- Part 3: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone
- Part 4: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on Android
- Part 5: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact by Export Chats
Part 1: Can I Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
Of course you can! Although WhatsApp does not store all your messages on its servers, it is possible to recover deleted messages of one contact. Common backup and restore works with prerequisites. And there are also more better ways explained below. Without wasting any more time, let's jump right into recovering your deleted WhatsApp chats with a single contact.
Part 2: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact
Here are the steps you can take to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact from backup. Before that, you must ensure that the deleted WhatsApp messages has been included in the backup before deleted, otherwise, it will not work. And the backup will be full restored, which overwrites your current data and messages.
The first two ways, iCloud and iTunes backup, are for iPhone users. The last two ways, Google Drive and local backup, are for Android users.
Way 1: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from iCloud Backup
- To check if you have a WhatsApp backup, open the app and in Settings, go to Chats and then Chat Backup.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone and sign in with the same number you used. Verify the phone number when prompted.
- It will show you the most recent backup file. Tap on Restore Chat History
Wait for the restoration process to finish, and your deleted messages from one contact will appear back in no time.
Way 2: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from iTunes Backup
If you're using iTunes backup to restore WhatsApp, then the process restores not only WhatsApp, but also your whole iPhone. Here are the steps:
- Open iTunes on the computer you used to create a backup of your iPhone and connect your device to the computer.
- Once connected, select your iPhone from the options and click on its icon. In the Backups section, click on the Restore Backup button.
From the drop-down list, select the backup file including your deleted WhatsApp messages. And click the Recover button.
Note: To complete the process, you must and keep it connected to your computer until the synchronization is finished and your iPhone restarts.
Way 3: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from Google Drive
If you have turned on backup to Google Drive on Android, restoring deleted messages of one contact is similar.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on your Android phone and set it up with the same phone number.
- WhatsApp will display the Google Drive backup it found.
- Once you tap on Restore, the restoration process will begin.
After a few minutes, tap on Next, all the messages restored from backup should appear on your phone.
Way 4: Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact from Local Backup
Besides Google Drive backup, WhatsApp on Android will be automatically backed up to your phone's memory. To restore deleted WhatsApp messages from local backup:
- On your Android phone, open File Manager and go to Internal Storage/Phone Storage > WhatsApp > Databases.
- Find the file named msgstore.db.crypt12, or rename the previous backup file you want to restore to msgstore.db.crypt12.
Reinstall WhatsApp and set it up again. And it will ask you to restore WhatsApp chats from local backup.
You now have successfully restore your deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact on iPhone/Android. If you don’t have a backup, the process will be more complicated and require third-party recovery software below.
Part 3: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on iPhone
As we mentioned before, using general methods may not be very helpful if you don’t have a backup of your WhatsApp messages.
In this case, the best option is to use a third-party WhatsApp recovery tool, that is Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, which can help you recover deleted messages of one contact without backup on both iPhone and Android devices.
To use UltData WhatsApp Recovery, launch the program on your computer and select "Device".
Connect your iPhone to your computer or Mac with a USB cable. Click "Start Scan" to continue.
The program will scan and list all scanned files in category. Select which deleted or lost WhatsApp data you need to recover. Click "Recover”.
Now the deleted one contact WhatsApp chat will be directly recovered and saved to your PC.
Part 4: One-Click Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact on Android
Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery also supports more than 6000 devices for Android users to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact. Now let's see how you do that.
Install and launch the UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your computer and select the "Device" > "Android" feature.
Next, allow USB debugging in your Android device.
Once the program detects your Android device, it will show you the following screen. Click “Start” button to find deleted Whatsapp data in your device.
Choose the data you want to recover. Then click Recover and recover your WhatsApp data successfully!
Part 5: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages of One Contact by Export Chats
Here is the last way to retrieve deleted messages on WhatsApp sent by someone. You can directly ask the contact to export the chat as a file from their WhatsAppp on their phone and send it to you. You cannot import these messages to your WhatsApp chat list, but you can view the file and find the deleted messages you want at any time.
- Ask the contact to open your chat box in WhatsApp.
- On iPhone, tap on your name. On Android, tap on the three dots. Then select the Export Chat option.
Media files like photos can also be included. Decide where to save the file and how to send it to you.
In conclusion, we have shown you how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages of one contact. If you follow the steps that we have outlined carefully, especially using Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery, you will be able to get your deleted WhatsApp messages back without any trouble. Hope this guide was helpful and you now restore all of your lost WhatsApp messages.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 17 and Android 12/13.