How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone [No Factory Reset]
Switching from Android to iPhone 14/13/12Plus but no idea how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone? Today, we will tell you the detailed WhatsApp transfer solutions of this inquiry.
Before You Get Started: FAQs about Transfer Whatsapp Messages from Android to iPhone 14
1. Can I transfer Whatsapp messages from Android to iPhone?
Yes. Recently WhatsApp officially released a solution to help users transfer WhatsApp from Android to iOS by using the Move to iOS app, but many users say that this method doesn't work because the WhatsApp icon doesn't show up during the process.
Now don't rush to use Move to iOS. There are a lot of restrictions and disadvantages to be aware of. Don't worry, we'll tell you everything you want to know about Move to iOS. If you want to quickly learn which is the best way to migrate WhatsApp, click here.
2. Can I transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone using Google Drive?
No, there’s no official way to do that. Currently, many people are searching the internet for how to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 using Google Drive. Unfortunately, this is not possible now because you can only restore Google Drive backups to other Android phones, not iPhones.
Having said that, Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer makes it possible for you to overcome that barrier by letting you download your Google Drive backups and restore them to your new iPhone 14 manually. Move to Method 2 to learn more about it.
3. Can I transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone for free?
Quite honestly, Android WhatsApp to iPhone transfer can be free with Move to iOS or Email, but those free methods not always working and will cause data loss. You will know if you continue reading the blog.
- Method 1: Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without Erasing Device Data
- Method 2: How to Copy WhatsApp Chat from Android to iPhone Using History Backup
- Method 3: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone with Email Chat
- Method 4: Move WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone Using "Move to iOS"
- Comparison: What’s the Best Tool for WhatsApp Android to iOS Transfer
- Bonus Tip 1: Take a WhatsApp Backup before Transferring
- Bonus Tip 2: WhatsApp Data Accidentally lost while Transferring, How to Recover?
(Editor's Pick)Method 1: Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without Erasing Device Data
Transfer Whatsapp Chats from Android to iPhone with Computer
The easiest and most recommended method to transfer WhatsApp conversations from Android to iPhone 7 or the latest iPhone 14/Plus/Pro/Pro Max is the reliable tool - iCareFone Transfer (iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer).
Which devices does this tool support? All iPhone models and more than 5000+ popular Android devices such as Samsung S22, LG phone, etc.
Which data does this tool support for WhatsApp transferring? Well, you can use iCareFone Transfer to transfer your WhatsApp chats messages, WhatsApp gifs, WhatsApp audios, documents, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp stickers, WhatsApp videos and WhatsApp voice notes.
- Transfer WhatsApp data between Android and iOS
- Transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp/GBWhatsApp
- Free to back up WhatsApp data to computer
- No factory reset
- No device data will be erased/lost
- Merge the WhatsApp chats from your source device to your target device
- You can select and decide on the transferred WhatsApp data on your own
Let's take a look at how to transfer with a video guide?
Or follow the written guide below:
Download Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) to your computer, connect your Android and iPhone.
After confirming some popups, you need to back up WhatsApp data on your source device. Do that as the screenshots show.
To keep your data safe, you are required to verify WhatsApp account which you used to create backup by typing your phone number and country code below, and then press 'Verify'.
Then fill in 6-digit WhatsApp Verification code that you just got from WhatsApp official. Click 'Verify'.
After confirming that your data is safe, you can select the data you want to transfer and the program will automatically generate the data that can be recovered for your target device.
You need to log in your account to ensure that the data is visible when WhatsApp Android to iPhone transfer is complete.
The program is restoring the data to your iPhone which will take a few minutes.
After a while, your WhatsApp data has been transferred successfully.
Transfer Whatsapp Chats from Android to iPhone without Computer
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without cable? This section gets you covered.
Go to Google Play and search “iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer)” and install.
After you have received Service Agreement and User Privacy, please connect the Android and iOS device using a USB OTG cable and allow the application to access.
To ensure your WhatsApp data’s security, please use the phone number and verification code to verify the WhatsApp account that is used to create the backup.
After the WhatsApp account is successfully verified, the app will automatically start to generate new WhatsApp backup data, please wait for the completion and click Next.
Before you transfer WhatsApp backup, please go to the iOS device to open Settings > iCloud account > Find My, and then disable Find My iPhone. After that, the application starts to transfer the backup to the iOS device.
Please make sure your device is fully charged. After the data transmission is done, please uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall WhatsApp to view the transferred data.
Let's take a look at how to transfer with a video guide?
Method 2: How to Copy WhatsApp Chat from Android to iPhone Using History Backup
Having said that, Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer makes it possible for you to overcome that barrier by letting you download your Google Drive backups and restore them to your new iPhone 14 manually.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp Google Drive backup to iPhone using iCareFone Transfer:
Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer to your computer and open it. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Choose WhatsApp logo and then choose "Backup" from the left menu.
Choose "From Google Drive". Back up your WhatsApp to Google Drive on your Android phone. Select the Backup tab from the left pane, then select From Google Drive from the top bar. Hit Back Up Now.
- Log in to your Google Account. Choose the latest backup file, and hit Continue. Back up the Google Drive backup data with iCareFone Transfer.
When the backup is finished, you can view the Google Drive backup data. Choose Restore to iOS from the 3 buttons shown at the bottom.
And you’re good to go. You’ve successfully restored Google Drive backup to iPhone 14.
Method 3: How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone Free Using Email Chat
Using Email to transfer WhatsApp messages is also an easy solution.
However, be informed that this option is greatly limited as it only allows you to export text files. Worse still, is the fact that you can’t restore the chats to your new iPhone.
Note: Using Email chat is not a perfect way, just sort of makeshift. You will not be able to view the chat history on WhatApp like before.
If you don’t mind this, just follow us:
- Open WhatsApp.
Click on Settings > Chats Settings > Chat History > Email chat.
- Select the WhatsApp chat history files you want to transfer, you can also choose to attach media or without media.
- Next, you will go to the sending page, make sure you have already logged to your WhatsApp on the new iPhone, then send the chat history to it.
Method 4: Move WhatsApp Conversations from Android to iPhone Using "Move to iOS"
WhatsApp now supports users to transfer chats from Android to iPhone via the Move to iOS app. It’s free but it is also restricted!
However, there’re some restrictions to this method you must know:
- You should do a factory reset on your iPhone and all your device data will be erased.
- You cannot decide the transferred WhatsApp data type.
- You cannot merge Your iPhone WhatsApp data and Android WhatsApp Data.
- The Whatsapp account must be the same as the account on your Android phone.
- The Move to iOS process takes a long time.
- The Move to iOS app is always stuck at any step.
- Many users say this method not working cuz they cannot see the WhatsApp option while using Move to iOS.
Before using the Move to iOS App to migrate your WhatsApp data, you need to make sure:
- Use the same phone number as the old phone on the new device.
- The iPhone must be new or reset to factory settings to pair with the Move to iOS app and move data from your Android phone.
- The Android and iOS devices must be connected to a power source.
- Both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, or you need to connect your Android device to your iPhone's hotspot. Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or above, or Android 5 or above installed on the Android device.
- iOS 15.5 or above installed on your iPhone.
- Move to iOS app installed on your Android phone.
- WhatsApp iOS version 188.8.131.52 or above on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android version 184.108.40.206 or above on your old device.
If you do not the above-mentioned restrictions and all the above conditions are prepared, follow the steps below to start transferring:
Download and open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and follow the on-screen instructions.
A code will be displayed on your iPhone. When prompted, enter the code on your Android phone. Tap Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen. (If you can't see WhatsApp in this step, then you'd better try other methods like iCareFone Transfer.)
- Tap START on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export.
- You’ll be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
- Select NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Choose CONTINUE to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for Move to iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Select Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete. Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
Many errors may occur during this process, for example, moving to ios stuck, errors, etc. So if you want to know how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without Move to iOS, You must Try Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
Related read WhatsApp Move to iOS Not Working.
Comparison: What’s the Best Tool for WhatsApp Android to iOS Transfer
Bonus Tip 1: Take a WhatsApp Backup before Transferring
Well, it’s a must-do task before transferring WhatsApp or switching to a new iPhone. Therefore, you won't feel helpless if you lose your WhatsApp data. Here are a few options for backing up your WhatsApp data.
Choice 1: Back up WhatsApp to iCloud/Google Drive
Related read WhatsApp local backup.
Choice 2: Back up WhatsApp on computer
Related read How to back up WhatsApp on computer.
Bonus Tip 2: WhatsApp Data Accidentally lost while Transferring, How to Recover?
Although we hope it never happens to you, what should you do in such case? Be at ease; there are solutions to assist you in recovering your important WhatsApp data.
Situation 1: I have a WhatsApp backup
If you have a WhatsApp backup, then you just need to restore the backup and your WhatsApp data will show again. Here’s a screenshot instruction for you:
Situation 2: I don’t have a WhatsApp backup
Use of a qualified third-party tool is your sole practical option in that circumstance - UltData WhatsApp Recovery. This tool can help you recover deleted or lost WhatsApp messages without root.
UltData WhatsApp Recovery is available for both Android and iOS users. It’s 100% safe and promises the highest data recovery success rate in the industry.
(Note: All programs that promise a 100% recovery rate are scams; do not believe them. Please take care of the security of your personal data.)
Click Here to learn how it works!
After you have read what has mentioned above: If you want to transfer WhatsApp chat history from Android to iPhone with one click, then this iCareFone iOS WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore is just the right one for you.