How to Restore Old WhatsApp Chat that I Have Skipped to Restore
We all know that WhatsApp allow us to get back our deleted WhatsApp messages by tapping Restore after reinstallion, but do you know what happens if you skip restore on WhatsApp? Well, if you skip the restore process when setting up newly-installed WhatsApp on your device, the app will not restore any of your previous chat history or media from a backup. Instead, it will start with a fresh, empty chat list, and you will not be able to access any of your previously backed-up messages or media.
But what if you accidentially skipped to restore old WhatsApp chat, can you get it back? In this article, we will give you the answer and tell you what attempts you can make to retrieve WhatsApp chat if the restore process is skipped. So keep reading to know how to restore WhatsApp backup if skipped.
- Part 1: Can I Restore Old WhatsApp Chat that I Have Skipped to Restore
- Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup after Skip [iPhone]
- Part 3: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup after Skip [Android]
Part 1: Can I Restore Old WhatsApp Chat that I Have Skipped to Restore
Yes, you can. Although you will not be able to access your previously backed up messages within the WhatsApp application after you skip the restore process, there are some WhatsApp data recovery tools and tricks you can rely on to restore the old WhatsApp Chat that you have skipped to restore. Below, we have mentioned all the possible ways that you can try to get back old WhatsApp chats in details, regardless of the device on which you're using WhatsApp. Let's check them one by one.
Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup after Skip [iPhone]
How to restore Whatsapp backup if skipped? If you have skipped the restore process on your iPhone, don't worry; here are two different ways that you can try.
Way 1: Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling WA
You can download the Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery program to restore your WhatsApp messages after skipping. This application is available for iPhone users and helps recover deleted WhatsApp messages within minutes. Let's see how to restore Whatsapp messages after skipping restore on iPhone.
Download and launch UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your Mac or PC. Next, choose the "Recover Data from iOS Devices" option from the dashboard.
Now, you have to connect your iPhone to the PC. You can easily do it with the help of a USB cable. Once the iPhone is connected to the PC, click Start Scan to move to the next step.
Once the data scanning process is completed, you will see data on your main screen. Select the files that you want to recover and choose the "Recover" option.
Soon, the application will recover WhatsApp data for you. Once the process is finished, you will see the "Recover Successfully" prompt on the screen.
Way 2: Restore Skipped WhatsApp Chats with iCloud Backup
If you are wodering how to restore skipped WhatsApp backup without any third-party app's help, here is another method that you can try. However, for this method, you have to uninstall your WhatsApp application and restore data from iCloud backup.
Go to Settings > Chat > Chat backup to check your last backup.
- Now uninstall your WhatsApp application and reinstall it again. You will be asked to verify your phone number and account details, so do it.
After that, hit the "Restore Chat History" option. That's it! Your data will be restored on your iPhone device.
Part 3: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup after Skip [Android]
If you are an Android user and don't know how to restore WhatsApp backup after skip, this section is for you. Here we have discussed 3 different ways to restore WhatsApp messages
Way 1: Recover Old WhatsApp Chat without Uninstalling WA
You can download Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery to restore WhatsApp messages on Android. This application is easy to use and helps recover old WhatsApp messages without uninstalling the WhatsApp application. Follow the steps below to recover the old WhatsApp chat.
Download and launch the application and hit the "Recover WhatsApp data" option.
Connect your device to the PC and enable USB debugging on your Android device.
Click the "Start" option once your software has detected the application.
Next, log into your WhatsApp account and create the backup file to avoid data loss.
The application will scan your phone and look for backup files. Once the process is completed, it will show you things that you can recover. So, choose the data and click the "Recover" option.
You have finally restored your WhatsApp chat without uninstalling the application.
Way 2: Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive after Skipping
For Android users, they can aslo utilize the WhatsApp Google Drive backup to restore old WhatsApp after skipping, assuming that they have enabled Back up to Google Drive beforehand. Here's how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive after skipping,
- First, uninstall your application and reinstall it again from the Google Play Store.
- Once you reinstall the application, you will get the verification prompt, so type your phone number to complete the verification process.
- Then, the application will ask you whether you want to restore your messages from Google Drive or not.
- Next, click the Restore button, and all your data will be saved on your phone.
Once you have restored all the data, click on Next, and you are good to go.
Way 3: Restore Old WhatsApp Chat from Local Backup after Skipping
If you didn't create any WhatsApp backuo on Google Drive, don't worry. There is another option for, that is, to restore old WhatsApp chat from local backup after you have skipped to restore. The built-in WhatApp local backup feature allows WhatsApp to automatically back up your chats and save them as an encrypted file to your phone's internal storage. With this feature, you can restore your previous WhatsApp chats with ease. Without wasting any time, let's discuss these steps.
- In the first step, identify the location of your WhatsApp local backup. To do that, open the File Manager application on your phone.
Now, go to Phone storage/Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Database, where you can see your WhatsApp data.
Open the Databases Folder and find the "msgstore.db.crypt12" folder and rename it to "msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12".
- Once done, open your WhatsApp messenger and delete the application.
- Open the Play Store, install WhatsApp messenger and launch the application.
- Complete the verification process by adding the phone details. Once you see the restore backup on your screen, click on the "Restore" option and wait for the WhatsApp application to restore your deleted messages.
How to Restore Old WhatsApp Chat that I Have Skipped to Restore? You can try the above ways that will help you restore old WhatsApp chats on iPhone and Android. If you don't want to reinstall WhatsApp, then go for Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery for iPhone and Android to restore old WhatsApp messages.
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 17 and Android 12/13.