How to Erase iPhone with/without Password Easily 2023
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-10-27 / Update for Reset iPhone
Selling or giving away your iPhone and getting the latest device? So you may need to erase all the data and reset it to factory settings. We will assist you with a handful of efficient ways on how to erase iPhone with or without password! Now 5 different ways are available. You read it right! Stay tuned!
Discuss Before Erasing: When Should We Erase iPhone?
If you decide to sell, give away or trade in your iPhone/iPad, you should erase all your personal information. And for slow or laggy iPhone, you can wipe it to speed up and clean storage. What's more, to erase you device if it is locked or disabled.
In this post, we will guide you how to erase iPhone or iPad in 5 different ways. But do note that backup your data before erasing everything.
Way 1: Erase iPhone on Device Directly in Settings
The easiest way to erase iPhone is to erase all contents and settings right from your device. Just a tap and all your data will be cleared off completely!
- Open Settings on your iPhone and go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. Select 'Erase All Contents and Settings'.
Tap on Continue. Then enter iPhone passcode to confirm the process.
- You also need to enter Screen Time passcode and Apple ID password if you have set one on your iPhone.
- Within several minutes, your data will be erased!
Way 2: Erase iPhone on Device Directly without Passcode
Now comes to the second choice on how to erase iPhone. Actually Apple provides an Erase iPhone option on the lock screen in case iPhone users forget the screen passcode. But it is only for iOS 15.2 or later version. And you should have signed into Apple ID with available network on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Erase iPhone option on the iPhone Unavaialble or Security Lockout screen. If you do not see the option, try to enter wrong passcodes more times.
Tap on Erase iPhone again and then enter the Apple ID password in the next page.
- Also, the erasing process will finish in a few minutes, and you can set up your iPhone as a new one.
Way 3: How to Erase iPhone without Password iTunes or iCloud
Essentially, Tenorshare 4uKey is the ultimate software for fully erasing iPhone without passcode, especially when you are locked out! It caters to bypass any security locks like passcode, passwords, FaceID or Touch ID with ease. No need iTunes or iCloud. Whether it's your Mac system or Windows system, 4uKey manages to run equally well.
Download 4uKey and the program to run on your computer. Click on Start on the main interface to unlock your iPhone.
Use a lightning cable to connect your iPhone with your computer. You will see your iPhone automatically detected by 4uKey. Click Next button to head on.
The upcoming page will load a firmware package which you need to download. Select the path and then hit 'Download' button.
After downloading the firmware package, click on 'Start to Remove' button to bypass the lock screen.
Once you have completed the process, which also menas you have erased iPhone without password, your iPhone will restart.
Tip: How to Set up iPhone after Erasing
- Turn on your device and get to the welcome screen or 'Hello' screen.
- Choose language, country and Wi-Fi network.
- Set Touch ID or Face ID.
- Restore Data if you want and sign in with Apple credentials.
- Set other services according to the needs until you get to the Home screen.
Way 4: How to Erase iPhone from iTunes
You can simply erase iPhone without password with the help of iTunes as well, though many people say that iTunes always gets stuck and cannot detect their devices. Just follow the line of steps mentioned below to have a try.
- Open the latest version of iTunes on your pre-synced iTunes system. Then, draw connection of your devices using a lightning cable.
- Go to the main page of iTunes and select the iPhone icon.
- Simply, click on 'Summary' from the left panel and then click on 'Restore iPhone'. This will erase your iPhone data.
Way 5: How to Erase iPhone with iCloud Find My iPhone
The iCloud is a cloud service of Apple that not only maintains backup of your device, but also erases iPhone too! It's with the feature of Find My iPhone, which wipe your iPhone with ease. Here is how:
- Firstly, visit the official website of iCloud and sign into your iCloud with your Apple ID.
Click on Find iPhone. Then select your locked iPhone visible on the drop down menu of 'All Devices'.
After that, just hit the 'Erase iPhone' button and there you go! You will erase your iPhone this way!
Better to be safe, than sorry! So, before handing out your iPhone or even trading it, it's necessary to clear the iPhone contents right away! There are couple of methods to erase iPhone in this blog, but Tenorshare 4uKey stands as a viable option. It bypasses iOS locked screens, resets passwords and erase iPhone without password.