How to Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Oreo/Nougat/Marshmallow
On a rooted Android device, you can easily enjoy more powerful apps, improve battery life, custom ROMs as you like. That's why so many people look for ways to root their Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge device. In this article, we will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with Android version 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat or Marshmallow.
Before You Begin to Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Here are a few things you should be aware of before you take below steps:
- You will lose all of your data and the warranty will become invalid after unlocking the device’s bootloader. Make sure you make an up-to-date backup before rooting.
- Samsung Pay will not be available after you root.
- Make sure your battery is charged to 80%.
- Install the necessary drivers for rooting your Android device.
- A Windows computer is needed.
Tip: If you didn’t make a backup and lost data on Samsung galaxy after root, don’t hesitate to try Samsung Data Recovery to get back the deleted data (messages, photos, videos, contact and more) on Samsung Galaxy.
Also Read: How to Recover Data from Samsung Galaxy.
After everything is prepared, you can follow steps below to go through the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge rooting process.
Step 1: Download Android USB Drivers
Download the Android USB driver for you GS7/GS7 Edge from Samsung Developerswebsite. Install it on your PC after downloading.
Step 2: Download and Setup ADB
Download the 15 second ADB Installer.
- Right click the .exe file and run it as sdministrator.
- Then, type y in each dialogue when the .exe file launches.
Finally, restart your PC to make sure it’s installed.
Step 3: Download Samsung Root Software
Step 4: Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
Let’s go back to the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and change some settings for a root.
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone and find Build number. Tap it several times untill you get into the developer mode.
Tap back and select Developer Options and turn on OEM unlock and USB debugging.
Step 5: Boot Samsung Galaxy into Download Mode
If you don’t know enter download mode, you can use a free tool – ReiBoot for Android to guide you how to boot into download mode. It is a useful Android tool that not only help you get into download mode but also help you fix a lot of Samsung device issues such as Samsung phone stuck in odin mode, fix galaxy S7 black screen, unfreeze a frozen Samsung tablet/phone.
- Download and install ReiBoot for Android on your PC and follow steps below.
Connect your Samsung phone to computer with the USB cable.
Choose your device brand and then follow the onscreen steps to enter download mode.
Step 6: Root Your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Then come back to the Odin software, click AP option on the main menu to import the .tar file we just downloaded./li>
When you see a message saying Leave CS on Log tab, click Start button to root your Samsung phone.
- After the root process completes, your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge will reboot back into Android. Note that your phone will restart a few times during root.
Step 7: Verify Root Status
Download and run Root Checker app to verify whether the device has been fully rooted or not. If you are prompted with "Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!", IT means you did everything right.
That’s all about how to root Galaxy S7/S7 Edge on Android 10, Pie, 8.0 Oreo, 7.0 Nougat, 6.0 Marshmallow or lower versions. Note that the rooting process isn't easy, so read the guide carefully before you start. In case that your Samsung get stuck during/after rooting, get ReiBoot for Android to help you repair all Samsung stuck issues.