Unlock Phone Free with IMEI Number: The Ultimate Guide
by Jenefey Aaron Updated on 2023-05-24 / Update for SIM Unlock
Do you want to maximize the benefits of your phone by unlocking it? If so, you are likely thinking, can I unlock my phone using IMEI number for free?
The good news is that, yes, you can definitely unlock your phone for free with an IMEI number. Unlocking your smartphone can provide several benefits, such as switching to the network carrier of your choice and choosing suitable data plans. This entire IMEI unlock-free process involves several different steps, so keep reading to learn all about it!
- Part 1: Where Can You Find Your Phone's IMEI Number?
- Part 2: How to Unlock Phone Free with IMEI Number?
- Bonus Tips: How to Unlock Android Phone Without Password?
Part 1: Where Can You Find Your Phone’s IMEI Number?
Every phone has a unique IMEI number linked to it. Being familiar with your phone’s IMEI number is critical to recovering it in case it gets lost or stolen. Moreover, it is also vital to unlock the phone.
The process of finding the IMEI number in iPhone and Android smartphones is different. Let’s look at these processes step-by-step:
1. Finding the IMEI Number on an Android Device
If you want to unlock a Samsung phone for free with an IMEI number or any other Android smartphone, you can follow three different numbers to find the IMEI number in the first place.
Method 1: Navigating Through Device Settings
Finding an IMEI number via device settings is quick and easy by following these steps:
Open ’Settings’ on your Android smartphone and select the option ‘Status’ or ‘About Phone.’
Scroll down, and you’ll see the IMEI number of your phone here.
Method 2: Use Dialer Codes
You can find the IMEI number by dialing:
- Open the ‘Phone’ on your Android smartphone.
- Dial *#06#** onto the keypad and press the call button.
A pop-up message will appear immediately after you enter the code. It will provide you with different details of your smartphone, including the IMEI number.
Method 3: Check the Back of the Device or Battery Compartment
Another common way of finding the IMEI number is through the back of the device. Most smartphones have a sticker attached to their back with the IMEI number. If you have an Android phone with a removable battery, you can also find the IMEI number by removing the battery and looking in the battery compartment.
2. Locating the IMEI Number on an iPhone
Locating the IMEI number on an iPhone is also possible with three different methods:
Method 1: Find the IMEI Number through Device Settings
Follow these steps to find the iPhone IMEI number via settings:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and access the ‘General’ option
- Click on ‘About’ in the General settings.
You’ll see the IMEI number in the About section. You can easily copy the IMEI number from here by pressing and holding the number.
Method 2: Dial a Specific Code
If you want to locate the IMEI number of your iPhone via dialling a code, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Phone’ app on your iPhone.
- Dial *#06# onto the keypad and press the call button.
- You will receive a pop-up message that contains the IMEI number of your iPhone.
Method 3: Check the Device’s Original Packaging
Another quick and easy way of finding the iPhone IMEI number is through its original packaging box. This method comes in handy when you have a brand-new iPhone and you have saved the packaging box. However, if you have thrown away the box, you can use any of the other methods discussed above to locate the IMEI number.
Part 2: How to Unlock Phone Free with IMEI Number?
Once you are familiar with the IMEI number of your Android or iPhone, you can move toward the next step and start the process of unlocking your phone. There are multiple IMEI unlock free methods to successfully IMEI unlock Samsung for free or any other smartphone.
Two of these major methods are:
Method 1: Contact the Original Carrier
Contacting the original carrier is a reliable method of unlocking the phone using the IMEI number. However, keep in mind that it is a time-consuming process as you must have the following information before contacting the carrier:
- Owner’s name
- Phone number
- IMEI number
- Answer to the security questions set in the carrier account
- Exact phone model and version number
Once you have this data, follow these steps to unlock the phone IMEI:
- Find out how you can contact your original carrier. Most companies nowadays have a live chat option, but that might not be enough to put in the unlocking request. So, get the contact information of the carrier and call customer service.
- Talk to the carrier agent in detail and explain to them why you want to unlock your phone. Keep in mind that not every carrier service might allow you to unlock the phone, so you must explain your reasons behind it.
- Once you provide all of the required information, the carrier agent will unlock your phone. You are likely to receive the code for IMEI to unlock your phone for free within 30 days.
- Follow the instructions from the carrier and enter the provided code to unlock your phone.
- A time-consuming process as you have to obtain a lot of information.
- Finding the carrier information and contacting them also requires a lot of time, especially when you are not familiar with your original carrier.
- Some carriers might refuse to unlock your phone by IMEI.
Method 2: Third-Party Unlocking Services
Using a third-party phone unlocking platform is a quick and reliable method of unlocking your phone for free using an IMEI number without going through the extensive process of contacting your original carrier.
The exact process of using a third-party IMEI unlocking service is dependent on the platform you choose for this purpose and whether you are using an iPhone or Android smartphone. Some of the popular third-party IMEI unlocking services are:
- IMEI now: It is an online IMEI unlocking service that was originally meant for iPhone users but now offers IMEI unlocking services for all users.
- Official SIM Unlock: It is another online IMEI unlocking website that offers services in various countries to facilitate users in unlocking their iPhone and Android smartphones.
- The waitlist for these sites can be too long.
- You might have to buy a subscription for such third-party platforms.
- If your phone is locked or you have forgotten the password, you won’t be able to unlock it with such platforms. You’ll have to use an Android unlocker, like 4uKey, for this purpose.
Bonus Tips: How to Unlock Android Phone Without Password?
Unlocking an Android smartphone using IMEI can be a quick and easy process by following the steps discussed above. However, it is also common for users to forget their smartphone password and end up with a locked phone. In such a situation, users face a lot of issues in accessing their phones and especially worry that their entire data will be lost. But with a tool like 4uKey for Android, you don’t have to worry anymore!
4uKey for Android is a powerful unlocker software through which you can remove all types of screen locks from your smartphone. It offers wide-ranging compatibility for all major Android smartphone models, including Samsung, Pixel, Xiaomi, and many others.
Key Benefits of 4uKey for Android
- Quick and easy lock screen removal.
- Complete the FRP bypass option without requiring a Google account or password.
- Remove all types of passwords, including PINs, patterns, fingerprints, and face recognition.
- Unlock early Samsung without data loss.
- One-click lock removal for Samsung devices.
- Supports unlocking of 6000+ Android devices and varying versions of the OS.
Step-By-Step Guide to Use 4uKey for Android to Unlock Lock Screen
- Download, install, and launch 4uKey for Android on your computer system.
Connect your Android phone to your system via a USB cable. Select the “Remove Screen Lock”.
You’ll be asked to choose how you want to remove the screen lock, either with data loss or not. The option of ’remove screen lock without data loss’ is limited to early Samsung devices. Select the option that you want.
Next, a pop-up message will be shown by 4uKey for Android, notifying you that removing the password will lead to the deletion of your device's data. To continue, simply click the "Yes" button.
By following the instructions displayed on the screen, the software will effectively remove the forgotten pattern lock from your Android device.
Overall, it is evident that there are several different ways of achieving IMEI unlock Android free. Ultimately, it all comes down to the specific type of phone and model you are using. By following the tips and tricks discussed throughout this article, you can easily find the IMEI number of your phone and unlock the phone either by contacting the original carrier or through a third-party unlocking service. Even if your phone is locked and you’ve forgotten the password, you can use a tool like 4uKey for Android to unlock it and regain access to your phone.