How to Unlock A Samsung Tablet When You Forgot The Password without Losing Data
Smartphone and tablet users come across such situations in which they have to lose their data just because of the forgotten password. There are many methods claim to remove the lock without losing data. In this guide, we will tell you about the reality of such claims and introduce you with some fundamental ways to unlock Samsung tablet. If you have forgot Samsung tablet password, follow the steps below.
- Part 1. The Fact You Should Know If You Want to Unlock a Samsung Tablet
- Part 2. How to Unlock A Samsung Tablet When You Forgot The Password
- Part 3. Try Hard Reset to Unlock Tab If Forgot Pattern/Pin/Password
- Part 4. Utilize 'Find My Mobile' Feature to Unlock Tab If Forgot Pattern
Part 1. The Fact You Should Know If You Want to Unlock a Samsung Tablet
No matter what method you use to unlock your smartphone or Samsung tablet device, all the data will be erased from your device. As a general solution, backing up data on cloud storage like google drive, Dropbox, etc can save your important data. So, before trying to unlock Samsung tablet by any of the methods below, you must be aware of whole data removal saved in the internal storage of the device.
Part 2. How to Unlock A Samsung Tablet When You Forgot The Password
Tenorshare 4uKey for Android is a professional unlock tool for android that allows you to remove or bypass Samsung tablet lock screen, pin, or pattern. If you have set up fingerprint on your Samsung tablet and for some reason, it is not unlocking with the fingerprint or you want to remove fingerprint screen, 4ukey also supports fingerprint removal. You don’t need to search for the device drivers for connecting it to PC, 4ukey will automatically detect and install appropriate drivers.
To unlock Samsung tablet without passcode using 4ukey for android, you need to download and install the software, follow the steps below.
Connect your Samsung tablet to your computer after running the program, it will show two options “Remove Screen Lock” and “Remove Google Lock”, just select the first option.
On the next screen, click on “Start” button. It will pop-up warning message that the device data will be erased, click “Yes” to proceed to remove Android lock screen password.
Wait for 4ukey software to complete lock screen removal progress bar and show your message “Screen password has been removed successfully”. Now, you can disconnect your device and verify that there is no more lock screen password required to unlock your device.
That’s it, this is easiest way to remove lock screen password, pin code, fingerprint, passcode, pattern on any Samsung tablet using software.
Video Tutorial on How to Unlock Tab If Forgot Pattern
Part 3. Try Hard Reset to Unlock Tab If Forgot Pattern/Pin/Password
When you are stuck at lock screen because of forgotten password, pin code, pattern, etc. Hard reset option comes handy.
- Power of your Samsung tablet and wait for 10 seconds to let the device completely powered off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Home Button at the same time and wait for the Recovery screen to display.
Use the volume keys to navigate within the recovery menu. Move to the “wipe data/factory reset” option and press Power button to select it.
- Move to the “Yes -- delete all user data” option and press the power button to select it.
- Wait for the reset process to complete. After completion, select the “Reboot system now” option. Done! You have successfully erased lock screen password using hard reset option.
Part 4. Utilize 'Find My Mobile' Feature to Unlock Tab If Forgot Pattern
It is necessary that your locked device is connected to the internet (either through Wi-fi or cellular data) so that it can be detected by the google find my device utility. If the device is offline, you cannot perform this method.
If you have signed in google account in your device and forgot the lock screen password, pin, or pattern, you can reset your device using Google Find my Mobile utility.
Note: It will remove all the data in your device. Also, this method requires your access to your google account on some other device such as PC.
- Open browser and go to https://www.google.com/android/find
- Make sure that you are signed in with the same account which is logged in your locked device. If you are not signed in to any account in your browser, it will ask you to do so. If it is already done, move to the next step.
Google will show a map on right side and the device details on the left side. From the left menu, click on Erase Device option.
- Read the details regarding erase option and click on Erase Device to confirm the action.
- If the device is online, it will be reset to factory settings and lock screen will also be removed.
Part 5. Use Android Device Manager to Remove the Lock Screen on Samsung Tablet
Android device manager utility can control your device, so you can remove lock screen remotely with this utility.
Open web browser in computer or any other device and go to the link http://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Sign in with the same account as in your locked device. The google will try to locate your device. After it locates successfully, it will give you three options, from which you have to go for Lock.
- Enter the temporary new pin to unlock the device and click on Lock. Done! You can now unlock with this temporary unlock code and then reset the device pin in the settings.
Related Read: How to Unlock Samsung Tablet with Google Account
More Questions and Answers about locked Out of My Samsung Tablet
Q1: Does unlocking Samsung Tablet removes SD Card Data?
No, bypassing lock screen security requires the device to reset to its factory state which erases the internal storage only. It does not affect the external storage like the SD card. Although, all the accounts linked with the device are also removed, which you can add again by logging in from the account menu of the device.
Q2: Does Samsung Tablet unlocking is free?
Yes, it is not a paid task to remove Samsung lock screen password. The recommended way is to use the free 4ukey software as it has simple and interactive user interface and install required drivers automatically.
Q3: What is Hard Reset?
Hard reset is to restore the device to its factory settings and remove all the data stored in it. It is performed by pressing combinations of device buttons pressed together or in a specific sequence. If you are unable to unlock your Samsung tablet because of lock screen, follow the steps below to hard reset and remove lock screen it.