How to Move Android Contacts to iPhone X/8/8 Plus
Many Android users have switched their device to a new iPhone X or iPhone 8 this autumn. One of the most urgent needs for them is to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone X/10. Luckily, we’ve gathered some free methods that help copy Android contacts to iPhone quickly. You are recommended to try them one by one and find the best for you.
One of the most popular ways of adding contacts to iPhone X/8 from Android is using Move to iOS app. Follow the steps to see how it works.
- Tap “Move Data from Android” in the Apps & Data screen on your iPhone X/8 when setting up the device.
- Download “Move to iOS” app from Google Play on Android, run the application and then tap “Continue”.
- Choose “Continue” on iPhone screen and you’ll see a code appear on the screen. Enter the code on Android phone.
- Select “Contacts” on Android and tap “Next” to start transferring files. You can also copy other file types if you want.
Since both Android and iOS support Google, you can share Android contacts to iPhone with the same Google account.
- On your Android phone, go to “Settings” and choose "Accounts and Sync", enter Gmail account and enable synchronization.
- On iPhone X, go to “Settings” -> “Contact” and then click “Add Account” to add the same Google account as your Android phone.
- Sign in Google account and enable the Contact, all the contacts in this account will be synced to new iPhone.
Android device allows you to store contacts information on SIM card, so you can back up the contacts on Android and move the SIM card on iPhone.
- Back up contacts to the SIM card and remove it from Android phone.
- Insert the SIM card into iPhone X.
- Then tap “Settings” -> “Contacts” -> “Import SIM Contacts”.
Another alternative way to share contacts between Android and iPhone X/8 is using iTunes. The process is a little complicated than the above methods but still workable.
- Connect Android phone to PC and sync contacts to Windows Address Book or Outlook Express.
- Connect iPhone to computer and run iTunes, click the iPhone icon and then choose “Info” from the left column.
- Now choose Sync Contacts with Windows Contacts or Outlook and click “All Contact”.
- Click “Apply” button on the bottom right corner to transfer all Android contacts to iPhone successfully.
Tips: If you are tired of the tedious steps to transfer contacts using iTunes, you can try Tenorshare iCareFone, an easy tool to transfer contacts, photos, videos and other files from computer to iPhone quickly and efficiently.
You can also transfer contact from android to iPhone X/8/8 Plus via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and email, but the above 4 methods are much more convenient. If you have any other further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.