The Best Way to Transfer Everything from iPad to New iPhone XS/XS Max/XR
With the launch of the new iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iphone lovers are looking forward to acquire one for themselves and flaunt it among their friends and relatives. But with switching devices a major need to transfer data from iPad/iPhone to iPhone XS does crops up. Now, it becomes crucial that iPad to iPhone transfer must be carried without data loss. For this reason, we have brought to you today's post that will guide you through the best way to transfer files from iPad/iPhone to iPhone XS in a matter of a few clicks. Keep reading!
The Best-Tenorshare iTransGo
When you are unsure of how to transfer files from iPad to iPhone, Tenorshare iTransGo comes as the brightest options for you. Using this software there is no threat of accidental data loss while transferring everything from iPad to your new iPhone XS. It can transfer all your iPad data including, contacts, photos, music, videos, Safari history, call logs etc. easily. Selective preview and transfer of data is possible with this application.
Here are the significant features of Tenorshare iTransGo –
- This is an intuitive software for transferring all data types between iOS devices.
- It is compatible with iOS devices and supports Windows and Mac computers.
- A single click can transfer data between iOS devices without using iTunes. So, if you want to ditch iTunes and pick selective data transfer then iTransGo meets your needs.
- You can transfer data multiple number of times between iOS devices, without any restrictions.
Step by step guide for iPad to iPhone transfer using Tenorshare iTransGo –
Step 1. Run Tenorshare iTransGo after installing it on your computer. Get your iPad and iPhone XS connected to it using a lightning cable. Select the iPad under the source device and your new iPhone as the target. Press the 'Next' button afterwards.
Step 2: Now, the software analyzes the target iPhone XS and scans your iPad data. Once the data gets scanned you need to select what you want to transfer from iPad to iPhone.
Step 3: Tap on 'Select All' from the left panel, as you want to transfer all the data from iPad to iPhone. Tap on the 'Start Transfer' button thereafter. Confirm your selection if prompted. Ensure that the iOS devices are connected to the computer, until you see 'Transfer Completed!' on your computer screen.
Transfer Data with iTunes (Complicated)
Transfer of data from iPad to iPhone is complicated, when you use iTunes, because you need to configure the settings on both devices.
- Back up your iPad using iTunes on your PC and then disconnect it. Switch on the new iPhone XS and follow the onscreen instructions till you reach 'Apps & Data' screen. Click 'Restore from iTunes Backup' followed by 'Next'.
- Launch iTunes on your PC (containing your iPad backup) and connect this iPhone XS to it. Tap on your iPhone XS icon on iTunes.
- Tap on 'Summary' tab and then click 'Restore Backup' to select the 'iPad's backup' among the list of iTunes backup files. If prompted, then enter the passcode.
- Tap on 'Restore' after selecting the iPad backup and then wait till the process gets over. Turn on Wi-Fi and allow the device to get the data restored. Complete the setup for your new iPhone using iCloud account and get iCloud data auto-downloaded to it.
Transfer Data from iPad to New iPhone with iCloud (Not Recommend)
Data transfer using iCloud is not recommended as the data gets overwritten or you might lose the recent data, in case your iPad was not synched to iCloud.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPad and browse 'Settings' > [your name] > 'iCloud' > 'iCloud Backup' > 'Back Up Now'.
- Now, on your iPhone XS, proceed after the 'Hello' screen until you reach the Wi-Fi screen. Connect to your Wi-Fi and go to the 'Apps & Data' screen.
- Select 'Restore from iCloud Backup' here and then login to your old iCloud account. Select the recent backup you have created for your iPad when prompted and then click 'Restore' to confirm.
- Setup the iPhone with iCloud and leave it connected to the Wi-Fi to get all the stuff downloaded to it from iCloud.
From the above article, it became clear that Tenorshare iTranGo stand way ahead of the race. The brilliant features it has, are simply beyond comparison. Be it transferring complete device data without data loss or selectively transferring specific data and files between iOS devices. When you have iTransGo with you, there is hardly anything that can prevent you from a successful data transfer. Being a reliable desktop based application, it offers you more flexibility in transferring and managing data using your computer screen.