Tips: How to Connect Two AirPods to One Phone
If you have the pleasure of watching a video or listening to songs together with your friends, do you know Apple has introduced the option of connecting two pair of Airpods with the same iPhone? So both of you can enjoy and have the best experience without sharing one ear bud. In this article, we will introduce how to connect teo AirPods to one phone and also to a Mac.
- Part 1: Can You Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone
- Part 2: How to Connect Two Pair of AirPods to iPhone, iPad
- Part 3: How to Connect Two AirPods to Mac
- Bonus: How to Fix AirPods Not Connected to iPhone
Part 1: Can You Connect Two AirPods to One iPhone
Yes, you can connect multiple AirPods to one iPhone. AirPods connect to iPhone by using Bluetooth, and the newly introduced Share Audio feature. Sometimes we don't want to play music publicly, but we want to share great songs with friends, so this feature is perfect for you. But there is a list of devices that support connecting multiple AirPods because this is a relatively new feature:
- iPhone 8 or later
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch, 11 inch, 12.9 inch (2nd generation) or later
- iPad Air (3rd generation), or mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation) or later
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- AirPods Max, Pro, 1st generation or later
- MacBook with macOS 10.12 or later
Part 2: How to Connect Two Pair of AirPods to iPhone, iPad
iPhone and iPad listed above are capable to connect two AirPods. It surely makes life easier and more fun possible with your friends hanging around. All you have to do is follow the steps given in detail about how to pair two different AirPods.
- First connect your AirPods to iPhone or iPad as normal.
- Open Control Center or Music app, and tap the AirPlay button, and you will see the Share Audio option, hit on it.
- Now to connect the second pair of AirPods. Hold the case close to your iPhone and open the lid. Wait for the iPhone to recognize them.
When you see another AirPods appear on the screen, tap on SHare Audio. And Done.
- You can adjust the volume or choose which songs to play as you do with a pair of AirPods.
- To stop sharing audio, untick the checkmark next to the second AirPods.
See, this is how to connect two AirPods to one phone. It can be done easily and you can now enjoy listening to music with your friend without having to share one pair of AirPods.
Related Read: Fix AirPods Unable to Auto-Pairing to iPhone.
Part 3: How to Connect Two AirPods to Mac
After learning about how to connect two AirPods to one iPhone, if you want to knoe how to connect multiple AirPods to Mac, go through the instructive steps given below.
First, on your Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth. Turn it on and pair the two pair of AirPods with your Mac. Now only one pair of AirPods can be connected.
- Now open Finder and click on Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup.
- Look for the plus sign and click on it to create multi-output device.
- Check the box next to the two pairs of AirPods and check the Drift Correction box next to the second pair of AirPods.
- Click on System Preference > Sound, followed by Multi-Output Device.
- Once done, the audio of your Mac will be sent to both pairs of AirPods. So this how to connect multiple AirPods to Mac.
Bonus: How to Fix AirPods Not Connected to iPhone
While you are using AirPods, have you ever met the problems that your AirPods cannot connect to iPhone? Well, if yes, there are few things you can check to fix this problem. Watch the below video:
To sum up, connecting two pairs of AirPods to an iPhone, iPad or Mac has always been a dream move, and it was possible on selected devices. After you know how to connect two AirPods to one phone, the extra tip also introduces how to fix AirPods can't connect to iPhone. And if it is caused by iPhone system issues, then try Tenorshare ReiBoot.