iPhone Silent Mode Keeps Switching On and Off? Fix Now
One of the most frequent problems is iPhone’s silent mode keeps switching on and off. Are you facing this issue too? If yes, there’s no need to be anxious as we got you! This article will provide you with detailed information about iPhone silent mode keeps switching on and off and how to fix it with ease. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into it!
- Way 1: Turn Off Volume Button Controls on iPhone
- Way 2: Restart Your iPhone
- Way 3: [100% Feasible] Fix iPhone Silent Switch Keeps Changing
- Way 4: Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode
- Way 5: Clean the Switch
- Way 6: Turn Off Back Tap Feature
- Way 7: Update Your iPhone System
- Way 8: Factory Reset iPhone
Way 1: Turn Off Volume Button Controls on iPhone
One of the easiest ways to eliminate the issue is by turning off the volume control buttons. The volume button can trigger the silent switch if pressed for longer. You can turn off the button from the sound settings. Need help? Here's how you can turn off the controls with ease.
1. Go to your Settings app and choose Sounds or Sound Haptics.
2. Now, head to the “Ringer and Alerts” and flip the toggle switch of “Change with Buttons.”
This way, you’ll be able to turn off the volume button on your iPhone. We hope that this works for you. If not, there’s no need to be anxious as there are other methods too. Most people get their issues fixed by using the third method. So, we recommend that you check it.
Way 2: Restart Your iPhone
Your phone might be unable to process the apps in the background due to overload. That being the case, it would be ideal to restart your phone, as it will eliminate internal bugs causing the problem.
- Now, head to the “Ringer and Alerts” and flip the toggle switch of “Change with Buttons.”
- Slide the power off slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone is completely off, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Release the Power button and wait for your iPhone to restart.
Note: If your iPhone is unresponsive and you are unable to access the power off slider, you can force restart your iPhone by following these steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Way 3: [100% Feasible] Fix iPhone Silent Switch Keeps Changing
Are you unable to fix the iPhone silent mode that keeps switching on and off? The problem with the above-mentioned solutions fret not! This one would surely get rid of the issue. Most of the time, our phone stops functioning properly due to bugs from an external app. It might be present in your iOS system, so you should remove it immediately.
To eliminate the iPhone silent mode that keeps switching on and off, you’ll need efficient third-party software like Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is a robust tool that fixes system software problems for iOS users.Here’s how you can use it to solve your problem.
Download and install ReiBoot on your PC. Next, connect your iPhone to your computer.
Click on standard repair and proceed.
You’ll be prompted to download the firmware package. It will take a while as the package is over 5GB.
Now, start your Standard Repair and wait for it to finish.
That's it! Using the ReiBoot tool, your “my iPhone silent switch keeps changing" will surely fix the problem. In addition, you can follow some other minor methods to get rid of the issue.
Way 4: Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode
Another reason you might be facing the iPhone silent mode keeps switching on and off may be "Do Not Disturb Mode." It is responsible for seizing all sound settings by default.
Here’s how you can turn off the DND mode in easy steps.
- On your iPhone, navigate to “Settings” and click on DND (Do Not Disturb).
If it’s on turn it off.
If your phone is in DND mode, the sounds might be disabled. That being the case, we hope that this solution works for you.
Way 5: Clean the Switch
Cleaning the switch can also solve and fix the silent mode issue. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn off your iPhone and remove any protective case that may be on it.
- Locate the switch on the left side of your iPhone.
- Use a soft-bristled brush, such as a clean, dry toothbrush or a makeup brush, to gently brush the switch and the area around it to remove any dirt, debris, or lint that may be stuck there.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow any remaining dirt or debris out of the switch and the surrounding area.
Way 6: Turn Off Back Tap Feature
The Back Tap feature on an iPhone allows users to perform actions by double-tapping or triple-tapping the back of their device. Here’s how you can turn off the back tap feature.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on "Accessibility”.Tap on "Touch.”
3. Scroll down to the "Back Tap" option and tap on it.
4. Select "Double Tap" or "Triple Tap," depending on which Back Tap option you want to turn off, and tap "None" on the option.
Now you’ve just finished turning off the back tap feature on your iPhone.
Way 7: Update Your iPhone System
Updating your iPhone may fix the issue, and here's how to do it.
To update your iPhone system, connect to Wi-Fi, open Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install > Enter Passcode > Agree to Terms and Conditions > Wait for the download to finish > Install Now > Wait for the installation to complete.
Way 8: Factory Reset iPhone
The last way that you can use to fix the iPhone silent switch keeps changing is by factory resetting your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Go to "General" and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Tap on "Reset" and select "Erase All Content and Setting".
Step 4: Enter your passcode and confirm you want to erase all data and settings.
We hope that these fixes helped you to eliminate my iPhone silent switch that keeps changing. You can use Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix the issue in a few minutes. So, be sure to check it out!