[2023 Fixed] Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Free
There can be multiple reasons to transfer your Android to an iPhone. Whether you have bought a new iPhone or like to switch between both just to get the taste of both platforms, transferring Whatsapp from android to iPhone free is only possible at the cost of losing all data.
The reason is both platforms have different natures for storing the data, which makes it challenging for the iPhone to read out the Android WhatsApp backups. However, this blog post will explain how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone for free.
This guide will share the 5 ultimate ways to transfer your WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. However, each method has its own pros and cons that you’ll know while exploring. Let’s get started.
- Way 1: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone Free via Move to iOS
- Way 2: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Free Using Google Drive
- Way 3: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Free via Email (Only Messages)
- Way 4: [Free Backup]Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Bonus Tip: What Is the Best App to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Way 1: Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone Free via Move to iOS
Apple has recently developed an app called Move to iOS for android users switching to the iPhone. It’s the best painkiller for android users switching to the iPhone who don’t want to lose any data. However, before digging into the steps of this method, ensure both of your phones, android and iPhone, are connected to the same wifi network.
Here are the steps to transfer WhatsApp from android to iPhone free.
1. To transfer WhatsApp from android to iPhone, you’ll need to factory reset your iPhone first. To do so, go to Settings >> General >> Transfer or Reset iPhone and select Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Set up your iPhone after the reset. On the App and Data page, select Move Data from Android. Select WhatsApp, and move to your android phone once the code screen appears on your iPhone.
3. Then launch the Move to iOS app on your android and enter the code. The WhatsApp transfer process will start and might take longer depending on the size of the WhatsApp you are transferring.
4. Once the process completes, set up your iPhone as usual. Download WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on move chats to iOS to transfer all WhatsApp data to your iPhone. That’s it.
Way 2: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Free Using Google Drive
Transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone through Google Drive is also a great option. However, this process isn’t straightforward like others outlined in this guide. First, you’ll need to take back up on the Android to Google drive and then proceed with the iPhone for the further steps. Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Google Drive.
- First, set up your WhatsApp account on your Android device by verifying your number. During setting it up, tap the restore button to restore the backup on your Android device.
- In the next step, you can transfer the WhatsApp chats by tapping on the three dots in the top right corner of the WhatsApp chat you wish to transfer. Tap on “More” hit on the Export button, and then select “without media” or “include Media”.
- Finally, select the Gmail app in the list to share the WhatsApp chat history on your iPhone.
This method isn’t an efficient way to transfer your WhatsApp chat to the iPhone; you can only export individually, but not as a whole.
Way 3: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Free via Email (Only Messages)
Another fastest way to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone is via Google Drive. Although, it doesn’t let you take the backup on Android and transfer it to the iPhone. You can transfer the dedicated chats to the iPhone.
These are the steps to free transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android Phone, and open up the chats you wish to transfer.
- Click on the three dots menu in the top right corner, click on More and then select Email Conservation.
- Select Gmail from the list of apps and enter the email address logged on your iPhone to transfer the WhatsApp chats to your iPhone.
Note: Sharing the chats to the iPhone via this method will only open up in read-only mode. You can’t open them in the iPhone WhatsApp as both platforms use different data storage mechanisms.
Way 4: [Free Backup]Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
Transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone involves many manual steps that seem lengthy and sometimes a hassle when you have to do so frequently. Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer is a tool to transfer your WhatsApp from Android to iPhone with a one-click process.
Here’s how to transfer WhatsApp from android to iPhone free using Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer.
First of all, you’ll need to download the iCareFone Transfer on your computer and install it. It’s available for Mac and Windows platforms.
Launch the program and connect the both Android (source device) and iPhone (destination device) using the data cable that came with the phones.
Before transferring the WhatsApp data from android to the iPhone, you’ll need to create the backup on the android phone so the program can get it. On the android phone, navigate to Settings >> Chats >> Chats backup >> and select the Backup to Google Drive option.
Next, verify your WhatsApp account via the program using the account number you wish to transfer to the iPhone. Enter the six-digit verification code to verify your account.
Once you have verified your WhatsApp account, the iCareFone Transfer will begin restoring the account to your iPhone. Make sure you’re logged out of your WhatsApp account on your android phone.
Now you can select the data you want to transfer.
Make sure you are logged into WhatsApp on the target device. Or your WhatsApp data will disappear.
Finally, on your iPhone, turn off the Find My. Go to Settings >> Tap on your Profile >> iCloud >> Find My. tap on it to turn it off.
Bonus Tip: What Is the Best App to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
We picked the best apps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone and compared them. Here’s a detailed comparison of the best apps available for Whatsapp transfer, making it easy for you to choose the best companion for transferring all of your WhatsApp data with convenience.
|FEATURES||Move to iOS||iCareFone Transfer|
|Factory Reset (device data will be erased)||Needed||No Factory reset|
|Success Rate||Low Success Rate (frequent frozen, stuck and error problems)||High success rate (99%)|
|Time Needed in Transfer||Minimum 30 Minutes (affected by many factors)||6 to 10 minutes required for entire process|
|Merge Android and iOS Device Original WhatsApp Data||Not supported||Supports Merging WhatsApp Data|
|Supported Device System||Android 5 or above iOS 15.5 or above||Android 2 to 13 and supports all versions of iOS devices including iPhone 15|
|Phone Number||Must be the same number||Supports different phone numbers|
|Select Specific Type Data||Not Supported||Supported|
|Accuracy of Transferred Data||Accuracy of Transferred Data||Perfect (high level of transfer rate and accuracy)|
Overall, iCareFone Transfer should be your top pick when it comes to transferring data from Android to iPhone. Not only is this process simple and straightforward, but you don’t have to worry about losing any of your important data in the process. Give it a try today and see for yourself how easy and efficiently it transfers WhatsApp from android to iPhone free.
- Flexibly transfer WhatsApp from iPhone 15 to Android;
- Flexibly transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone 15;
- Backup WhatsApp iPhone to PC/Mac Freely & Easily;
- Restore WhatsApp Backup to iPhone, iPad, Android;