Google Play Services Keeps Stopping? Top 10 Solutions Here
I have no idea what is happening!! Google Play Services keep stopping on my Samsung smartphone. How do I make it STOP?”
The issue with Google Play is nothing new. Since the launch of the service, there have been a few issues with it. Google has addressed a few of them, but the company has failed to fix it completely. It is also true that the issue may have been caused by a glitch with the Android OS itself. Don’t worry; we have addressed all the issues and fixes in the article below. If Google Play keeps stopping on your mobile, it will be fixed.
- Solution 1. Rebooting Android to Fix the Error
- Solution 2. Updating the Google Play Services
- Solution 3. Clear Google Play App Cache and Data
- Solution 4. Clear the Google Play Services App Cache
- Solution 5. Disable Google Play Services
- Solution 6. Uninstall and Reinstall Google Play Services Updates
- Solution 7. Download Latest Play Store .apk Files
- Solution 8. Reset Apps Preferences
- Solution 9. Remove Your Google Account
- Ultimate Solution to Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping and Cannot Force Stop
Solution 1. Rebooting Android to Fix the Error
If the play store keeps stopping, the first obvious choice of fixing the issue would be to reboot the Android device. Just by turning off the device could fix the Google Play issue.
- Step 1: Press and hold the Power button until the Turn off menu appears on the screen.
- Step 2: Then, tap on the Power icon, and the device will be turned off within moments.
Step 3: Now, wait a few seconds, and turn on the Android device.
After the Android device gets turned on, check if the Google Play Store has been fixed.
Solution 2. Updating the Google Play Services
If that didn’t work, then you must update the Google Play Services App. It is possible that the version you are using is outdated, which may have caused the issue to begin with.
Generally, you don’t have to update Google Play Services manually. You can check if Google Play Services is up-to-date, open the Google Play Services app page in a web browser to be taken to the Play Store app. If you see Deactivate, then your app is current. If you see Update, tap it to download and install the latest updates for Google Play Services.
Solution 3. Clear Google Play App Cache and Data
Sometimes these cached data and app data are corrupted that causes Google Play Services stopped unexpectedly. Clearing the Google Play App Cache is very easy. You can check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to ‘Apps’ via ‘Settings’.
- Step 2: Locate ‘Google Play Services’ and tap on the Force Stop button.
Step 3: Then, you need to tap on the Clear Cache button.
All the cache files related to the said application will be removed from the device.
Solution 4. Clear the Google Play Services App Cache
If clearing the Google Play Store cache and data did not fix the issue, then there are chances that clearing Google Play Services cache would work. Check out the steps below.
- Step 1: Tap on Apps under Settings.
- Step 2: Then find the Google Services Framework app and force stop it.
Step 3: Then, tap on Clear Cache.
All the cache files related to the said app will be removed completely.
Solution 5. Disable Google Play Services
You can also disable the Google Play Services for a few moments and then enable it again. You can disable it by going to Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Services > Disable. Once you have done it, the Google Play Services will be disabled. Enable it after a few minutes.
Solution 6. Uninstall and Reinstall Google Play Services Updates
In this part, we are recommending users the removal of the updates for Google Play Services and installing them again.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings and navigate to the Apps option.
- Step 2: A list of apps will be displayed on the screen; locate Google Play Services.
Step 3: Then, tap on Uninstall Updates.
After the updates are removed successfully, the Google Play Services app will go back to its preliminary version. Now, it is time to install the updates again.
- Step 1: Navigate to App info on Google Play and tap on ‘App Details’.
- Step 2: You will be redirected to the Google Play Store app page, press the Update button.
This method should be effective. If you are still having the issue, then check the next solution.
Solution 7. Download Latest Play Store .apk Files
One of the best fixes if Google Play store keeps stopping, is to download the latest version of the Play Store or its APK file from the internet. All you have to do is to install the app update manually.
- Step 1: Download the latest Play Store .apk files.
- Step 2: Once downloaded, visit the settings app on your device.
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap Security
- Step 4: Tap to enable the check-box beside unknown sources.
- Step 5: Pull down the notification bar and tap the downloaded file to install it.
Solution 8. Reset Apps Preferences
Google Play Services have core system files, changing a system setting also affects Play Services performance. To fix it, we need to reset app preferences. It is very simple.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings and tap on Apps.
- Step 2: Then, tap on the Google Play Store.
- Step 3: After selecting it, go to Open by Default under App info.
Step 4: Lastly, tap on Clear Defaults.
Solution 9. Remove Your Google Account
There are times when Android mobile fails to connect to the user accounts properly. Basically, if you just remove the account and then add it later, the issue could get fixed.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings of your Android mobile and tap on Accounts.
Step 2: Then, tap on the Google account that you would like to remove and choose Remove Account.
Now, before removing the account, you need to make sure that you have everything backed up. After that, add the account again.
Ultimate Solution to Fix Google Play Services Keeps Stopping and Cannot Force Stop
Lastly, if all the solutions have failed and Google Play services keeps stopping on the Android smartphone, still then you need to get professional help. By getting professional help, we mean using a professional Android system recovery software that will effectively get rid of the Google Play problems.
You will find several opinions online, but we do have a recommendation. The program we sought out, is very capable. The name is Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android, and it can repair various Android related issues including common Google errors like Google play error 963, Google Play error 505, Play Store download pending error and works fast. It has vast operational capabilities but easy to control. Now, let's check out the steps for fixing the Android issue.
Download and install the program on your computer. Then run ReiBoot. After that, connect the android mobile to the computer and select the Repair Android System on the interface.
Next, click on the Repair Now to proceed.
Then, you will be asked to fill out the device info tab. Provide the info as required.
After that, you have to download the firmware required for the completion of this installation. When the firmware is finished, click Repair Now. ReiBoot will immediately start installing the firmware.
If all else has failed, then using ReiBoot will definitely work. After the completion of the procedure, restart the device, and Google Play Store will start working properly again.
Therefore, if the Google Play Store causing problems on your Android device, then you know how to proceed. The detailed solutions are effective, but if all else fails, then you have Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android for Android for the rescue.