[Solved] How to Unlock Android Phone after Too Many Pattern Attempts without Factory Reset
We often set a new passcode on our Android phone and forget the next time while unlocking it. If you are tapped on the lock screen and can’t find out how to get rid of it, we are here to help you.
- Part 1.What Happens If You Enter the Wrong Pattern for Many Times in An Android Phone
- Part 2. How to Unlock Android Phone after the Wrong Pattern
Part 1. What Happens If You Enter the Wrong Pattern for Many Times in An Android Phone
We have seen a quick advancement in the lock system in both Android and iOS devices recently. From passcode, PIN lock system to Irish scanner, Face ID, and Touch ID, we now have come to near perfect for securing our smartphones.
Earlier days, when Android 4 was the thing, you could enter a passcode or pattern a couple of times, and if it fails, an email with reset codes will be sent to your Gmail. Now, time has passed, and it’s no longer the case. Updated securities on the lock screen reset your phone if you fail to enter the correct unlock code for 10 tries. Since privacy is important, it’s evident that Android doesn’t want another user to access your data on your phone through tricks and hacks.
Part 2. How to Unlock Android Phone after The Wrong Pattern
There can be various reasons you are locked out of your Android phone. An intruder cannot unlock your phone quickly if you have set a strong password and pattern. Forgotten patterns and multiple tries can make you worry about your important files and media. Here are five comprehensive solutions you can try to unlock your Android phone without a factory reset.
Solution 1. Unlock Locked Android Phone via Gmail
Pattern locks are easy to forget. Did you try to unlock your phone but can’t get through the lock? There is an option on the lock screen named “Forget pattern,” which can help you out.
Follow the steps below on how you can unlock an Android phone via Gmail.
- Attempt lock screen pattern several times until you see the “Forgot Pattern” option.
Now, you are prompted to a screen where you have to enter Google credentials, which you have previously logged in to your phone.
- As the Google credentials match the one existing on your device, you will be prompted to set a new pattern.
Solution 2. Unlock Android Phone by Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager (ADM), which is similar to Find My Device. It is an excellent Android feature that allows you to track your smartphone when lost or stolen. Besides, the feature like Erase, Lock, and Ring can help locate and reset the passcode.
Here is how you can unlock an Android phone by Android Device Manager.
- On your browser, visit http://www.google.com/android/devicemanager.
- Now, sign-in to your Gmail account that you have registered on your Android phone.
- After that, you will see lists of devices; tap on the one you would like to unlock.
You will see options like Play sound, Lock and Erase below your phone details as in the image below. Click on “Lock” and proceed.
- Now, you will be requested to set a new lock screen for your phone.
- Confirm the lock screen and unlock your phone with it.
Solution 3. One-click to Bypass Locked Android Phone (Easy & Fast)
Tenorshare 4ukey for Android is a robust tool that can unlock any Android lock screen. You can easily reset your PIN, Passcode, Fingerprint lock with 4uKey within a few clicks. Follow these simple guidelines to bypass locked Android phones effortlessly.
- Launch 4uKey and connect your Android device. We recommend you use the proper cable and do not detach it during the process.
Now, on the available options, click on “Remove Screen Lock.”
On the next screen, click on “Start.”
Note that removing the screen lock with Tenorshare 4uKey erases all your data and resets the phone to set a new passcode. Click on “Yes” to start the process.
Sit patiently until the process completes 100%.
Once 4uKey removes the lock screen, it provides you with a pictorial guide to set your phone to recovery mode.
Next, your screen password will be removed completely, and you can boot your phone and set a new password.
Solution 4. Use Android Debug Bridge to Remove Android Screen Lock
Android Debug Bridge, known as ADB, is used to unlock Android phones without factory reset.
Download ADB on your computer and launch the application. Also, download the required package.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- After that, enable developer options on your phone while tapping on the “Build number” seven times.
Now turn on USB debugging.
- As you turn on USB debugging, open up CMD on your computer and go to the ADB installation directory.
- Now, copy and paste the following command in Command-Line and return.adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- Finally, restart your phone and reset the password.
Solution 5. Factory Reset Locked Android Phone
Factory reset wipes all your data and cache, including the lock screen on your Android phone.
- Turn off your phone and press volume down, and power key at once. The key combination depends on the brand and model; thus, search for the one that works for you.
- Now, your device should boot into recovery mode. Go to “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the power key. Next, go to “Wipe cache partition” and press the power key.
- After that, select “Reboot system now,” which should erase your screen lock.
It’s common for people to forget screen lock on their Android phone, but it can get risky if you have to access media or files on the phone urgently. Factory reset of Android phones can quickly unlock your phone; however, the above solutions help you unlock Android phones after too many lock screen attempts without losing data. Moreover, our personal preference is to use Tenorshare 4uKey for Android to reset the lock screen with a single click.
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung devices (Win & Mac)
- Remove Android password, pattern, PIN, and fingerprint lock just one click away
- Support Android lock screen removal Win & Mac