[Solved]How to Restore iPhone on macOS Catalina (iOS 13.3 Supported)
Apple has released the new iPhone 11/11 Pro(Max), many people have changed a new iPhone. And the first thing for them is to restore backup on their new iPhone. Besides, if there are something wrong with your iPhone after updating to iOS 13.1.2, it's a good way to restore your iPhone. In this post, we are going to tell you how to restore iPhone on macOS Catalina iOS 13.1.2.
- Part 1. How to Restore iPhone on macOS Catalina with iTunes
- Part 2. How to Restore iPhone from Backup on macOS Catalina through 3 Solutions
- A Useful Tip: How to Restore iPhone Data without Backup on macOS Catalina
Part 1. How to Restore iPhone on macOS Catalina with iTunes
- If you have updated your mac to the latest macOS Catalina 10.15, please open the Finder app. On a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14 and earlier, launch the iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your MacBook via a USB cable. (Allow your device to trust this computer.)
- Select your iPhone when the device icon appears in iTunes or the Finder window. On the right bar of the interface, click “Restore iPhone” button. (You need to sign out “Find My” if you have enabled it before you restore iPhone.)
- It will pop up a window asking you to confirm, just click “Restore” button. And then, the iTunes will restore your iPhone to its factory settings and install the latest iOS 13.1.2 software. Wait til the iPhone restart. (Note: This process will erase all of your data on iphone. Thus, it's important to make a backup before you restore iPhone on Mac iOS 13.1.2.)
Suggested Reading: How to Backup iPhone on macOS Catalina with a Free Tool
Part 2. How to Restore iPhone from Backup on macOS Catalina through 3 Solutions
- Solution 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup Step by Step (Overwrite The Data)
- Solution 2. Using Tenorshare Ultdata to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup without Data Loss
- Solution 3. Restore iPhone Backup on macOS Catalina iOS 13/13.1.1/13.1.2 with Tenorshare iCareFone
Solution 1. Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup Step by Step (Overwrite The Data)
Step 1. If you have updated your mac to the latest macOS Catalina 10.15, please open the Finder app. On a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14 and earlier, launch the iTunes.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your MacBook via a USB cable. (Allow your device to trust this computer.)
Step 3. Select your iPhone when the device icon appears in iTunes or the Finder window. On the right bar of the interface, click “Restore Backup” button.
Step 4. Choose a backup you need based on the date and then click “Restore”. It will take some time to restore to iPhone. (Enter the password for your encrypted backup file if asked.)
Solution 2. Using Tenorshare Ultdata to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup without Data Loss
Although the solution we mentioned above can restore iPhone data, it will cause data loss because iTunes will overwrite the current data of your iPhone when restore the backup to it. If you hope to restore your missed data on your iPhone 11/X/8/7/6 without data loss, here is a professional tool - Tenorshare - UltData you can try. It provides three recovery modes to help you restore lost data on any iOS 13 devices. With several mouse click, more than 35 kinds of files can be restored on your iPhone 11/X/8/7/6. You can download and install the execllent tool on your MacBook. And follow the steps below to restore iPhone on Mac iOS 13.1.2/13.1.1/13.
Step 1Launch the program and connect your iPhone to your mac with a USB cable. Switch to “Recover from iTunes Backup files” and Ultdata will list all iTunes backup on this MacBook. Select an iTunes backup that you want to restore to your iPhone and click “Start Scan” button.
Step 2After the scanning process is completed, all of the backup files including existing and deleted ones are displayed. You can tick all files to recover or just selectively pick up the files you want. After selecting, click “Recover” button.
Step 3Next, click “Recover to Device” if you want to restore iPhone from iTunes backup on Mac. (Note: There are two recovery options for contacts, notes and messages: Recover to Device and Recover to Computer. )
Solution 3. Restore iPhone Backup on macOS Catalina iOS 13/13.1.1/13.1.2 with Tenorshare iCareFone
Apart from the Tenorshare - UltData, there is another excellent tool which is able to restore iPhone without losing data, that is Tenorshare iCareFone. Here's how to restore iPhone on macOS Catalina iOS 13.1.2:
Step 1Firstly, download and install the iCareFone on your Mac.
Step 2Connect your iPhone to your MacBook with a USB cable. Run the software and switch to the “Backup & Restore” section.
Step 3Click "To view or restore previous backup files" from the lower left corner, then all the backup files including iTunes backup are displayed. Select a backup file you want to restore from and click “View” button to proceed.
Step 4Select the files you need and choose to export to your device. (Note: Only contacts, music, photos, videos and bookmarks can be restored directly to your iPhone.)
A Useful Tip: How to Restore iPhone Data without Backup on macOS Catalina
Deleted iPhone data by mistake? Want to restore iPhone data without backup on Mac? Tenorshare - UltData can meet your needs. It is able to scan all your deleted or missed data and restore from iOS devices without backup. Follow our step-by-step instructions to find out everything you need to know!
Step 1 Launch the Ultdata and connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB cable. Select “Recover Data from iOS device”.
Step 2 Tick the file type you want to restore or simply tick the “Select All” box. After selected, click “Start Scan” button to continue.
Step 3When the scan process is finished, you can preview the file before recover.
Step 4Select the files you need and click the “Recover” button. There are two options to recover: “Recover to Device” and “Recover to Computer”.
Video Guide: How to Restore iPhone on macOS Catalina iOS 13/13.1.1/13.1.2 with UltData
In this article, you can learn how to restore iPhone on Mac and restore iPhone from backup on Mac. The official way to restore iPhone on Mac is using iTunes, but the drawback is that iTunes will overwrite the current data of your iPhone, resulting in data loss. The best alternative way to restore your device is with the help of Tenorshare - UltData, which can directly recover from iOS device, iTunes backup and also iCloud backup.