Top 3 Ways to Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings (Without Password)
Want to wipe your iPhone before selling or passing it to others? iPhone constantly gets crashing or freezing? A factory reset can easily help resolve all these issues. However, the question is how to factory reset iPhone easily? Here we show you how to set iPhone X to factory setting in 3 different ways.
- Way 1. Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings with iTunes
- Way 2. Restore iPhone X to Factory Settings without Updating
- Way 3. Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings without iTunes or Password
iTunes restore is the most used way to restore iPhone to factory setting, you can easily perform a factory restore in following steps.
- Run iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer with the cable came with your device.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and in the Summary panel, click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS on your iPhone.
For users who want to reset iPhone X to factory settings without iTunes, you can use the “Erase All Content and Settings” feature from Settings to factory restore your iPhone without updating software.
- From your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset. Tap on Erase All Content and Settings option
- Tap Erase iPhone option in the resulting pop-up window to confirm your decision. You’ll have to enter your Apple ID password. (Forgot Apple ID password? See how to factory reset iPhone X without Apple ID password.)
- From iOS Setup Assistant upon startup screen, select Set Up as New iPhone.
Factory resetting an iPhone is easy but things will get complicated if you cannot use methods above to restore your device. Then, Tenorshare ReiBoot will be helpful to restore iPhone X to factory setting if you need to:
- Reset locked iPhone X to factory setting
- Reset iPhone X to factory setting without passcode
- Reset iPhone X to factory setting without iCloud (Apple ID) password
- Factory reset iPhone X without iTunes
Now free download ReiBoot and follow steps below to factory restore your iPhone:
- Run ReiBoot and connect iPhone to that computer. Click “Factory Reset iPhone” from the upper corner.
- Click “Fix Now” and then “Download” to download firmware package for factory settings.
- After downloading, click “Start Repair” to reset your iPhone X to factory setting.
Visit the Video Tutorial on How to Restore iPhone without iTunes or Passcode
That’s all about how to reset iPhone X (10) to factory settings. Choose a way according to your situation and get your problem solved perfectly.