Top 4 Ways to Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings
Want to wipe your iPhone before selling or passing it to others? iPhone constantly gets crashing or freezing? A factory reset can easily help resolve all these issues. However, the question is how to factory reset iPhone easily? Here we show you how to set iPhone X to factory setting in 3 different ways.
- Part 1. Factory Reset iPhone X If You Know the Password
- Part 2. Factory Reset iPhone X If You Forgot the Password
Part 1. Factory Reset iPhone X If You Know the Password
For users who want to reset iPhone X to factory settings without iTunes, you can use the “Erase All Content and Settings” feature from Settings to factory restore your iPhone without updating software.
- From your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset. Tap on Erase All Content and Settings option
- Tap Erase iPhone option in the resulting pop-up window to confirm your decision. You’ll have to enter your Apple ID password. (Forgot Apple ID password? See how to factory reset iPhone X without Apple ID password.)
- From iOS Setup Assistant upon startup screen, select Set Up as New iPhone.
Part 2. Factory Reset iPhone X If You Forgot the Password
Sometimes your iPhone is disabled or gets stuck and cannot be reset to factory settings, what to do? In the following part, we will show you 3 ways to factory reset iPhone without any passcode.
Way 1: Reset iPhone X without Passcode/iTunes/iCloud
If you are not willing to use iTunes for restore,a better choice is Tenorshare 4uKey. This tool is especially useful when your iPhone X is disabled/locked, as iTunes may not connect your device for restore in this case. To do a factory reset, you just need to follow below steps.
- Download 4uKey on a PC/Mac and connect your device with it.
- Click on Start button after connection.
- You will be asked to download a firmware package to remove the password and factory reset. Click Download button.
- After the firmware is downloaded, start the unlocking process and your iPhone X will be restored to factory defaults after that.
Way 2. Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings with iTunes
iTunes restore is the most used way to restore iPhone to factory setting, you can easily perform a factory restore in following steps.
- Run iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer with the cable came with your device.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes and in the Summary panel, click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS on your iPhone.
Way 3: Remotely Reset iPhone with iCloud
Similarly, you can use iCloud to erase iPhone X on a computer, this way is quite simple. Before start, you have to make sure 2 things: make sure you have enabled Find My iPhone feature; make sure you can access the device if two factor authentication is enabled. Then follow the steps:
- On your computer or another mobile device that has internet connection, go to icloud.com and log in with Apple ID & password.
- Under All Devices and select the device you want to reset.
- Click on Erase iPhone to proceed.
That’s all about how to reset iPhone X (10) to factory settings. Choose a way according to your situation and get your problem solved perfectly.