[Quick & Easy] How to Solve iPhone 13/12 Unable to Activate?
With the newest iPhone 13 released, many users face iPhone 12 activation issues, such as stuck on "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone" while setting up, or If you’ve tried to factory reset your device, you will certainly come about the “Activation Error” message. These iPhone 13 unable to activation issues caused by many factors and can easily be resolved by taking some bold steps. If you’re experiencing the iphone 13 unable to activate issue, kindly check the section below to get necessary support.
- Question: What Does it Mean When Your iPhone Cannot be Activated?
- Situation 1: Fix iPhone 12 Stuck on "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone"
- Situation 2: Fix Unable to Activate iPhone 13/12 Activation Error after a Reset/Restore
- Situation 3: Fix Could not Activate iPhone 13/12 Stuck on Activation Lock
- Extra Tip: One-Stop for iOS System Repair for iPhone 13/12
Question: What Does it Mean When Your iPhone Cannot be Activated?
Unable to activate iphone or means that your device can’t be configured for proper usage. It limits what you can do on your device.
Situation 1: Fix iPhone 13/12 Stuck on "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone"
"Could not activate iPhone" issues are caused by several factors. Many people are experiencing the challenge on their phone 12 stuck on activation as well. They are unable to activate their device after updating it. So, if iphone 12 unable to activate issue is your challenge at this moment, know that you’re not alone in this matter. You can get the issue resolved by following the steps below :
Way 1. Check System Status
Apple has a support page that shows real-time status information for its services. On the page, each device system is monitored and analyzed. You can resolve your challenge by heading to the Apple System Status page. There, you will see the nature of issue your system is having. If everything is green, then your iPhone system is working effectively.
Way 2 . Force Restart iPhone 13/12
If you can’t resolve the iPhone 12 unable to activate challenge with the option above, then you need to consider this option. Forcing your iPhone to restart can be a good way to overcome the problem. Below are the steps to follow:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the button
Way 3. Using Wi-Fi to Activate
The issue can also be caused by poor network. You can also solve this problem by connecting to a wireless network around you. You will need to connect to a Wi-Fi to get the issue resolved. Below are the steps to follow :
From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi. Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
With iOS 14.1 and iPadOS, you might see these network options:
- My Networks: Wi-Fi networks that you've connected with before.
- Public Networks: Available Wi-Fi networks that you've never connected with before.
Way 4: Activate iPhone 12 Using iTunes
Trying this fourth method can also help you resolve your challenge as quickly as possible. You will need to update your iTunes to get this iPhone activated. Below are the steps to take to fix the issue.
- Update iTunes to the latest version and then run it on your PC. Get your iPhone connected with a genuine USB cable.
- Tap on your device name from the left panel on iTunes and then hit 'Activate your iPhone'.
Way 5: Contact Your Carrier
Perhaps you bought your iPhone from a network carrier and you see the error after the iOS 12 update, you need to reach out to the company. Contact them and ask the support staff to unlock your SIM card and iPhone.
Situation 2: Fix Unable to Activate iPhone 13/12 Activation Error after a Reset/Restore
If you’re still stuck after going through the processes above, you need to consider some other solutions. Alternatives you can consider for fixing the iPhone 12 unable to activate issue include:
Way 1: Start over the Activation Process
When this issue happened, you will notice that the phone’s home button is working. You will have to use this button to get the problem fixed. Here is how to go about it.
Turn on your iPhone 12 and choose your language and region, until a menu appears with three options: “Emergency Call”, “Start Over”, and “Wi-Fi Settings”.
- Choose “Start Over” – this goes back to the very beginning of the iOS setup screens, letting you choose a language, wi-fi router, etc
- Go through the process again, if you see the “Activation Error” screen again, then just run through this process a few more times
Way 2: Change another SIM Card
You can also fix this issue by changing to another SIM card. You will have to change your current SIM card. Below are the steps to take.
- Open the SIM tray
- Place the new SIM card into the tray
- Insert the tray into the device completely
Situation 3: Fix Could not Activate iPhone Stuck on Activation Lock
There is a good alternative you can consider for fixing this activation issue. It entails using the Tenorshare 4MeKey works. This Tenorshare 4MeKey is a safer tool commonly used for the removal of iCloud activation. It helps iPhone users eliminate the activation lock on their devices. It’s indeed software that ensures iOS device users access their app store using the new Apple ID.
A Video Tutorial: How to Remove iCloud Activation Lock
Kindly follow the steps below to get started with Tenorshare 4Mekey.
Download and Launch Tenorshare 4Mekey by visiting the software official website.
Jailbreak your iOS device with Tenorshare 4Mekey. After the installation is completed, you can initiate the jailbreaking process.
Once the jailbreaking process is completed, you can start to remove the iCloud Activation Lock. Just confirm your device information and hit on “Start Remove” button to get started.
Wait for the process to be completed.
Extra Tip: One-Stop for iOS System Repair for iPhone 113/12
Apart from 4Mekey, there is a tool you can use for repairing your iPhone 13/12. It’s called Reiboot. It’s a world top rate phone recovery tool that is compatible with all iOS device. It has a 1-click function. With the feature, you can repair all kinds of an operating system issue without your losing data. It’s indeed a software you should consider when planning to repair your device operating system.
Fixing the activation issue on iPhone can be stressful. However, when you use 4mekey and reiboot tools, you get things done easily. You have lesser worries about system corruption. Also, you get things done with minimal stress.