How to Fix iPhone Health App Not Working with iOS 16/17
Health App has been made for people that are looking for ways to keep track of their health and prevent some health issues. This in-built application works perfectly for almost all models of iPhone; therefore, every iPhone user can utilize this app.
But sometimes, you may find the Health app not working on your iPhone. When the iPhone health app steps not working on your device, then you need to do a few things to fix the problem. Below, we will describe everything you need to do.
- Part 1:Why My Apple Health App Is Not Working
- Part 2:5 Ways to Fix Health App on iPhone Not Working
Why My Apple Health App Is Not Working
Once you find out the Health app on iPhone not working, you will probably be bothered about the possible causes of the issue. Well, several factors can make the Health app on iPhone not work properly. Here are some of the most cause causes of this problem:
- Disabled Health app: In some cases, you might have turned off the Apple Health app on your device. When this happens, there is no way that the app will track your steps or perform other functions..
- System Bug: Is your Health app crashing after updating your OS? This could be because of some bugs. You just need to look for a way to fix the bugs and start enjoying your device again.
- Data synchronization.
- Too many apps are working in the background.
5 Ways to Fix Health App on iPhone Not Working
My Apple Health app is not working, how can I fix it? Of course, you have come to the right place because we will explain 5 proven ways you can explore to fix the Health app not working on your iOS device.
Way 1. Simply Restart Your iPhone 14
The first step is to restart your iPhone, and the Health app may start working once again on it. So, how do you restart an iPhone? Different methods are used for restarting different models of the iPhone.
- Get started by checking out the image below. Depending on the iPhone model you are using, press and hold the buttons described in the image.
- Wait until you can see the “Slide to Power Off” notification on the screen of your device. You should then swipe the slider, and your iPhone will go off.
- Afterward, you have to press and hold the same buttons above again. This will restart your device. Input your passcode and retry Health App.
Way 2. Allow Health App to Track Your Fitness Data
Another way to fix iPhone Health app not working is to allow the app to track your fitness data. You can do this by just enabling the fitness tracking option in Privacy Settings.
- The first thing you should do is to go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone. From there, you need to scroll down and click “Privacy”. This will show you the panel under Privacy settings.
- Then, you should click “Motion & Fitness”.
- On the next interface, look at the “Health” option and click the toggle in front of it.This will ensure that the option is turned on so that the app can track your fitness data.
Now, the Health app will start tracking your fitness data without any difficulty.
Way 3. Reset the Health App on iPhone 14
Are iPhone Health app steps not working on your device after trying the methods above? Then, you should think about resetting the Health app on your iOS device.
- On your iPhone, you need to open the “App Switcher”.
- Swipe to the right-hand side to check out the background activities on your device. Look for the activity of the Health app.
- Now, swipe up on the Health app. This will end all the activities of the app as it has been reset immediately.
- Go back to the Health app icon and relaunch it.
Way 4. Enable to Show Steps Data on Health App’s Dashboard
When iPhone Health app steps not working, you can enable the steps under the dashboard of the Health app. When you do so, the steps will start showing, and this will improve the use of the app for your fitness.
- Launch the ”Health” app on your iPhone. Then, look at the bottom of the screen and select the “Health data” option.
- Select “Fitness” from the available options. Then, you have to click “Walking + Running Distance”.
- Now, you need to enable “Show on Dashboard”.
Once you have followed the steps above, hours of sleep, body measurements, steps count, and other parameters will start showing on the dashboard of the Health app.
Way 5. Fix Health App Not Working Issue with ReiBoot
If the problem persists after trying all the methods above, a system error may be causing the problem. In this case, you can enable the fitness parameters to show on the dashboard by fixing the system error with Tenorshare ReiBoot.
This well-known app is easy to use and works perfectly with most models of iPhone,including iPhone 14. Therefore, regardless of the iPhone you are using, ReiBoot can help you to fix the health app not working issue.
For a solution, you should use the Standard Repair mode of ReiBoot.
- Get started by downloading Tenorshare ReiBoot on your Mac or Windows computer. Then install and run the program. Make sure you use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. After the computer has detected your iPhone, tap “Start”.
- The next step is to hit “Standard Repair”. Understand the onscreen information before proceeding.
- Then, you need to download the latest firmware file. Here, tap “Download”, and the file will start downloading.
- Once the firmware file is on your computer, you need to hit “Start Standard Repair” to start to repair the system.
- Once it has been completed, the problem will disappear on your iPhone. When you use standard repair, you will not lose your data.
With the information above, you should now be able to fix the Health app not working on your iPhone. However, some of the methods above can fail. So, our ultimate recommendation is for you to use Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix any error that may be making the Health app not work properly on your iPhone 14.