How to Fix If Unable Activate iPhone after iOS 10/14/15 Update

by Jenefey Aaron   Updated on 2021-09-21 / Update for  iOS 10

"I can't activate my iPhone 5s after upgrading to iOS 10. It says that the activation server is down , My iTunes (latest version) won't recognize the iPhone. I have tried hard reset, and I have also tried using Wi-Fi and LTE. All of these doesn't work at all. Any help?"

If you are encountering the same activation issue, please comforting firstly. "Can't Activate iPhone after iOS 10/13/14/15 update" actually is a very common error when iOS users upgrades their iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5 into iOS 10/14. To fix can't activate iPhone/iPad problem after iOS update, here are 6 simple ways for you to consider.

Way 1: Wait

Once the activation error happens, the simplest way is to wait for a moment before try again. But this can be considered only when the error is generated from Apple's activation server.

Way 2: Restart Your Device

Another easiest solution to fix activation errors is to reboot your iPhone 12/11/X/7/SE/6s/6/5s/5, which is almost the usual way to remove many kinds of accident issues.

How to restart:

• Keep holding the Sleep/Wake button until the "Slide into power off" appears.
  • Drag the slider to turn your iPhone completely off.
  • After the device close successfully, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo
reactivate your iphone

If this solution still can't activate your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch after installing iOS 10/10.3 , move to the next step.

Way 3: Make Sure You Have a SIM Card Installed

SIM card is also related to the activation issues. If you haven't installed one SIM card in the SIM try, you will not able to enjoy the exact service from the cellular carrier. Right now insert any valid SIM card to see if this will walk through the activation bugs.

Way 4: Check Wi-Fi network

In some cases, WiFi network connectivity plays an important role if you want to reach Apple's activation servers via an internet connection. Hence, please check if your WiFi network is reliable.

Way 5: Connect your iPhone to iTunes

What to do if can't activate iphone after updating to iOS10/10.3 when you have tried on the above tips? If you don't have great Wi-Fi networks and cellular service at the moment, please move to connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod on a trusted computer and activate your iPhone through iTunes that has an activation mechanism built into it to reach Apple's activation servers directly without an internet connection.

Way 6: Restore your iPhone

If the annoying iOS activation bug still exists, you can also try to restore your iPhone with iTunes. Finish the steps below to activate your iPhone/iPad:

• Connect your device to your Mac or Windows computer via a USB.
  • Launch iTunes to restore your device to repair iPhone failed to activate after iOS 10 upgrade.
use itunes to repair iphone/ipad

Hopefully, if the aforementioned ways fail to help you, here is a paid program you can try to reactivate your device again. Tenorshare ReiBoot is an all-in-one tool to fix all iOS problems and tuneup iPhone/iPad/iPod. It can not only fix your iDevice into normal but also make them run faster. If you have other recommendations, please share with us.