iPad Flashing Apple Logo? Why and How to Fix
When I plugged in my iPad, the Apple logo appears for about 3 seconds, then disappears (blank screen) for about 2 seconds and the Apple logo appears again flashing incessantly.”
If it is the first time your iPad flashing Apple logo, you may be clueless as to why it is doing so and what you can do about it. There are actually multiple reasons why your iPad flashes the Apple logo, and depending on what you may have done to your device, you will need to use an appropriate method to fix the issue.
This guide focuses on why the iPad flashing Apple logo when charging and what possible methods you can use to resolve the issue. You can use any of the available methods and see if they work and get the issue fixed on your iPad.
- Why iPad Flashing Apple Logo On and Off?
- Fix 1. Check the USB Port & Lightning Cable If iPad flashing Apple Logo When Charging
- Fix 2. Hard Restart iPad to Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo On and Off
- Fix 3. Use iTunes to Restore iPad to Fix Blinking Apple Logo
- Fix 4. Get into DFU Mode to Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo
- Fix 5. Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo due to iOS Glitch without Data Loss
Why iPad Flashing Apple Logo On and Off?
The core reason why your iPad 1 Apple logo flashes on and off is because there is an issue with the boot-up routine of your device. When an issue is found with this routine, your iPad cannot boot-up normally and it starts flashing the Apple logo.
The following are some of the possible reasons why your iPad flashing Apple logo on and off.
- Problems with Jailbreaking: If your iPad is jailbroken, maybe something went wrong during the jailbreaking process and that is what is causing the flashing Apple logo issue on your device.
- Defective USB Port & Lightning Cable: It may be that the USB port or the cable that you use to charge your iPad is defective. A faulty cable can lead to many issues on your iPad.
- Hardware Issues: There may be a hardware issue with your device, especially if it has been physically damaged by someone.
Fix 1. Check the USB Port & Lightning Cable If iPad flashing Apple Logo When Charging
If the iPad 2 flashing Apple logo on and off issue occurs when you are charging your device, it is highly likely due to the faulty cable and port that you are using.
You need to make sure both your cable and port are working and they are in good condition. You may need to get a replacement cable if the one you have is defective.
Fix 2. Hard Restart iPad to Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo On and Off
If there is a minor software glitch that is causing the issue on your iPad, you can have it fixed by hard rebooting your iPad. The following shows how to force reboot various iPad models.
Force Restart an iPad with Home Button
- Press and hold down both Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Let go of the buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Force Restart an iPad with Face ID
- Press the Volume Up button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down button and release it.
- Press and hold down the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
Fix 3. Use iTunes to Restore iPad to Fix Blinking Apple Logo
One of the ways to fix your iPad 1 flashing Apple logo issue is to restore your device using iTunes. You can do it pretty easily and it can be done on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Launch the iTunes or the Finder app on your computer.
- Connect your iPad to your computer.
Press and hold down Home and Power buttons on your iPad to bring it into the recovery mode. (Click here to learn how to put iPad into recovery mode with only 1 click.)
- Click on Restore in the prompt that appears on your computer.
Your iPad will be restored and the iPad Air 2 flashes Apple logo issue will be fixed.
Fix 4. Get into DFU Mode to Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo
DFU mode is yet another way to restore your iPad when it is not working properly. The following is how you fix the iPad Apple logo flashing while charging issue using DFU mode.
- Turn off your iPad and connect it to your computer. Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Hold down the top button and home button on the iPad until the screen turns black.
Three seconds after the screen turns black, release the power button, but keep holding the Home button.
- Keep holding the home button until until you see this message on the screen: "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."
- Select Restore in iTunes to restore your iPad in DFU mode.
Fix 5. Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo due to iOS Glitch without Data Loss
The iOS operating system is not without issues and there is a myriad of problems you can face with it. The iPad keeps flashing Apple logo could just be one of the issues with your iOS system and you are going to need to use a third-party software to fix it.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is a perfect software to fix all the iOS-related issues on your devices. You can use it to get rid of the flashing Apple logo issue on your iPad. It will resolve it for you in no time and you will be back to using your device normally.
- Download the software and install it on your computer.
Plug your iPad into your computer and open the software. Click Start on the software maininterface.
Select Standard Repair and click on Standard Repair on the following screen.
Hit Download to download the firmware for your iPad.
When the firmware is downloaded, click Start Standard Repair to repair your iPad. Your iPad will be fixed when the firmware is fully applied to it.
The flashing logo issue should be gone from your device.
Get the Best Way to Fix iPad Flashing Apple Logo
The following table should help you decide which method you should go for to fix your iPad.
|Solutions||Success Rate||Data Loss||Difficulty||Required Time|
|Check USB Port & Lightning Cable||20%||No||Easy||Easy|
|Hard Restart iPad||20%||No||Easy||Short|
|DFU Mode Restore||80%||Yes||Complex||Long|
|ReiBoot - iOS System Repair||100%||No||Easy||Short|
If your iPad keeps flashing the Apple logo, you do not need to panic as the problem can be fixed using multiple ways available out there. ReiBoot is highly recommended if you are looking for a reliable way to fix iPad frozen on Apple logo screen. We hope our guide helps you get rid of the issue and lets you use your iPad the way you did before.