How to Fix No Command Error in Android Phone/Tablet
Phone stuck in boot loop; tried recovery mode but no command. I'm having a big problem when running recovery mode I get the no command. I keep getting this even the phone is factory wiped. It´s a LG nexus 5X."
- Way 1. Remove the Battery to Fix Android No Command
- Way 2. Force Restart Your Android Device
- Way 3. Fix Android No Command Screen by Key Combinations
- Way 4. The Ultimate Solution to Fix Recovery Mode No Command with ReiBoot for Android
Way 1. Remove the Battery to Fix Android No Command
Way 2. Force Restart Your Android Device
If your battery is not removable, you can follow steps below to force restart your Android phone. The steps of force restarting may be a little different among different mobile brands.
- Force Restart Samsung phones: Press and hold both the power button and volume down button for around 10 to 20 seconds.
- Force Restart LG phones: Press the Power + Volume Down keys at the same time and release them when the LG logo appears to hard reboot the device.
- Force Restart Sony phones: Press the Power button and then press the Volume Up key a few times and your device will hard reboot.
- Force Restart Google Nexus: Press the Power + Volume Down keys together and you will hard reboot your device.
- Force Restart HTC phones: Press and hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons to hard reboot your device.
- Force Restart Huawei phones: Press the Power + Volume Up buttons at the same time and you will hard reboot your phone.
Way 3. Fix Android No Command Screen by Key Combinations
When your Android tablet shows no command error message during app installing, software upgrading or resetting, you can try to fix it manually. But remember to unplug all the connected devices from the device and make sure it has at least 80% battery usage.
- Press "Power" key to back home screen.
- Press Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll options. Select "wipe data/factory reset" or "wipe cache partition" according to your needs.
- Now tap 3 horizontal lines on the left repeatedly until it works.
- When the process completes, you can reboot your phone by selecting "Reboot system now" and the no command error message will disappear.
You can also check the the manaul fixes for different Android brands:
For Samsung Galaxy:
Power off the device and press Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time until you see the Samsung logo. Now you can select the recovery mode option to proceed.
Power Off the device, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously. When the LG logo appears, release the keys and press the buttons again until the "hard reset" menu shows up. Use the volume keys to confirm hard reset.
For Google Nexus:
Turn off your phone, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons. Press the Volume down button twice to highlight "Recovery" and hold the power button to confirm. When the while Google logo appears, continue hold the Power and Volume Up keys for 3 seconds. Let go the Volume Up key but keep pressing Power button. Then you'll be able to choose the recovery mode option.
Way 4. The Ultimate Solution to Fix Recovery Mode No Command with ReiBoot for Android
As we've mentioned above, recovery mode is able to fix many problems. However, sometimes android recovery mode not working with the manual operation, that's why we recommend you to try ReiBoot for Android, you can fix Android boot loop/clear cache/wipe cache partition/black scrreen/blinking no command problems with simple clicks.
- Download and install ReiBoot for Android on your computer. Connect your Android device to your computer via USB cable.
Launch ReiBoot for Android and click on 'Repair Android System'.
On the following screen, you have to click on 'Repair Now' button.
Enter device information such as brand, series, model, country and carrier. You have to enter all the information correctly, or the device may get bricked. Once you fill the fields, click on the 'Next' button.
ReiBoot for Android will now download the appropriate firmware package, and you need to wait a few minutes for the download to get completed.
When the downloading is done, on the screen, click on 'Repair Now' button. A pop-up message will appear where you have to click on 'Continue' button.
Following the on-screen instructions and perform the action required accordingly. The repair process will begin and will take some time to complete. Once done, you will receive the message 'The repair process is completed'.
This article has shown you how to fix no command error in Android phones (including Samsung Galaxy/Note, Huawei, HTC, Sony, Google Pixel, LG, Motorola, Nokia etc.) If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us.