How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages After Deleting Account
I deleted my WhatsApp account accidentally. how do I restore it with all my groups and messages?”
If your WhatsApp account gets deleted, you are unable to use WhatsApp anymore. But a lot of our important messages, photos, and videos are present on WhatsApp. Can you restore WhatsApp chat after deleting the account? What should you do in this sticky situation? Well, we will help you solve how to restore WhatsApp backup after deleting account.
- Part 1: What Cause Deleted WhatsApp Account and WhatsApp Messages
- Part 2: What Happens When You Delete WhatsApp Account
- Part 3: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages After Deleting Account
- Part 4: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
- Part 5: FAQs on Deleted WhatsApp Messages and WhatsApp Account
Part 1: What Cause Deleted WhatsApp Account and WhatsApp Messages
Deleting your WhatsApp account has pretty serious implications but why does your WhatsApp account get deleted? We will answer this questions at first.
- Accidental Deletion – You might mess around with WhatsApp settings and mistakenly deleted your account or messages.
- Automatic Deletion – If you are inactive on WhatsApp for 120 days, it will trigger automatic deletion of WhatsApp account.
- Software Update – This happens rarely but sometimes, during software update, the WhatsApp app runs into some problem, deleting your WhatsApp account or messages.
- Factory Reset – Factory resetting your iPhone will delete WhatsApp and all messages.
- Virus or Malware – WhatsApp account might get deleted due to some virus or malware on your device.
Part 2: What Happens When You Delete WhatsApp Account
Besides the account is deleted and messages are erased, what else will happen when you delete WhatsApp account?
- Your number is removed from your friends’ WhatsApp contact list.
- Your phone number is detached from your WhatsApp account.
- You are removed from all of your WhatsApp groups.
- Your message history are erased.
- Your WhatsApp backup on iCloud or Google Drive will be removed.
- Your account info and profile picture are deleted.
- Your payment information is deleted.
- You can’t regain access to your account after you delete it.
Part 3: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages After Deleting Account
According to official sources, WhatsApp account deletion is an irreversible process. It is hard to restore your WhatsApp data after you delete the account. But the data saved locally before deletion will not get effected. For example, the automatically saved photos and videos on Photos app or exported copies of chats.
But if you are still eager to get back your WhatsApp chats , then you can try some methods which might work. They require you sign in a new WhatsApp account with the same phone number and on the same device..
1. Restore WhatsApp from local backup after deleting account
As long as you do not delete WhatsApp app from your device after deleting account, you can restore WhatsApp from data saved locally. You register with the same phone number on your device, the saved content will reappear. And a local backup is created every night by WhatsApp and stored in your Android phone storage. This might also help you.
- In the File Manager app, navigate to internal storage or sdcard > WhatsApp > Databases.
See if there is a file named msgstore.db.crypt12 which is the latest backup you created. If no, rename any earlier backup to msgstore.db.crypt12.
Open WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number, it will scan and find the backup. Tap on Restore.
2. Restore WhatsApp from saved backup after deleting account
Moving forwards. Some people would like to back up WhatsApp chat with third-party software for data secure. If you have backed up WhatsApp with Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer, all the backup file will be saved in the program, which can be restored at any time to the same WhatsApp phone number account.
Part 4: How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup
Accidentally deleting WhatsApp messages is more common than deleting account. If your WhatsApp messages have been deleted and you have no backup to restore them, you can make use of Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery that gets back your WhatsApp messages easily. You also need to log in on your WhatsApp on the same device.
Install and run the program on your computer. Click on Device. Then choose the option of Android.
The next step is to connect your Android using a USB cable to the computer and then enable USB debugging on your phone.
Now, start scanning your phone for deleted WhatsApp data. You should log into your WhatsApp and backup your WhatsApp.
WhatsApp will now be uninstalled, backed up and reinstalled. The scanning process will then begin.
Wait as everything is done. All your WhatsApp data will be shown here. Select the messages you wanted and then click on Recover.
Part 5: FAQs on Deleted WhatsApp Messages and WhatsApp Account
Q1: How to delete a WhatsApp account?
To delete your WhatsApp account, open WhatsApp, go to settings > Account > Delete My account. Enter your phone number and choose the reason, then tap on Delete My Account again to confirm.
Q2: How to restore a deleted WhatsApp account?
The deleted WhatsApp account can not be restored. But you can try to restore a deleted WhatsApp account by signing into WhatsApp with the same phone number within 90 days.
Q3: How to restore WhatsApp messages after uninstall WhatsApp?
You can restore messages from the Google Drive or iCloud backup or you could also restore from a local backup if present. If you don’t have any backup, UltData WhatsApp recovery is the way to go.
How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages after deleting account seems like a very perplexing question when you see that all of your data is deleted. However, there are some workarounds that allow you to recover data and messages after the account was deleted. Last but not least, UltData WhatsApp Recovery comes in handy when you have no backup at hand but still want to recover deleted WhatsApp messages.