Whether you are iPhone beginners who use Android phones a lot before or have been familiar with Apple’s products for years, the first thing to do with you new iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7s is to set it up. Honestly, setting up and activating new iPhone is easy, buy you will face a lot of options then. Below you can find a detailed to-do list on how to get started with iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7s/7s Plus setup the right way.
2. Make sure you are under steady Wi-Fi environment.
3. Check whether the iOS shipped with iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7s is the same version with your older device you used to backup. Downgrade the iOS 11 to same version.
4. Skip iCloud restoring and use iCarFone or iTunes to extract backup files. Compared with iTunes, one dominant advantage with Tenorshare iCareFone is you can preview the files and selectively restore back to your new iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7s.
5. Call Apple Support for help
Part 4: How to Activate New iPhone X/8/8 Plus without SIM Card
So if you don’t have a SIM card in hand right now or the SIM is not supported, you can use iTunes to activate the device. It may not work when the network is locked by carrier.
1. Connect your new iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus/7s with iTunes and it will automatically recognize your device.
2. Choose Set up as new iPhone from the pop-up screen and click Next to move on.
3. Follow the instructions to setup and activate you device. Similar with Part 2.
However, if you receive the message “There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate” from iTunes, sadly, this means your iPhone is locked. You can either borrow a SIM card from friends to activate it, or contact your network provider to unlock your iPhone, or even jailbreak it.
That’s all about how to set up new iPhone from old iPhone, including iPhone X/8/8 Plus and earlier devices. Now enjoy your device freely!