How to Fix iPhone Quick Reply Not Working After iOS 12/11 Update
"Is there an issue with quick reply in iOS 11? When a text message comes in it does not allow me to long hold to answer it from the lock screen, is this a new bug?"
Recently, a lot of users reported on Apple community that iOS 12/iOS 11 quick reply not working on their iPhone. They got a message notification on the lock screen but unable to answer it directly, which make some people feel so inconvenient. Luckily in this article, we'll tell you how to enable quick reply on iPhone X/8/7/6/6s/5s after iOS 11/11.1//11.2/11.3/11.4/12 update with detailed instructions.
1. Turn on Text Message Quick Reply in Settings
When the quick reply option is off, you cannot reply to text/group messages or email on iPhone lock screen. Here's how you can enable this feature.
- Go to Settings, scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode.
- Now turn on "Reply with Message" under ALLOW ACCESS WHEN LOCKED.
- Close Settings and you'll be able to view and send messages without opening Message app.
2. Disable 3D Touch on iOS 12/11
For iPhone 6s or later, it requires to deep press and hold the notification to bring up quick reply window. When the 3D Touch is off, you slide the message and will see "View" and "Clear" options. Tap on the "View" and you'll be allowed replying the message on the lock screen.
Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> 3D Touch and then turn it off.
3. Turn on Message Previews in Notification
Sometimes iPhone cannot answer text messages, Viber, WhatsApp calls or Skype from lock screen is because the message previews is off, then you are not able to preview message or answer it. Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Messages, scroll down and tap on "Show Previews", choose "Always".
4. Force Reboot iPhone
Force restart iPhone is an easy way to fix iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook and Google messenger quick reply not working after iOS 11 update; you can also have a try if the methods above failed to work.
For iPhone 6S Plus and earlier models, press and hold Sleep+ Home button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and later models, press Power + Volume down button until the Apple logo appears
5. Reset All Settings
Well, if the quick reply keyboard still doesn't work on iPhone after trying the methods above, reset all settings will be the last choice. Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
Hope the tricks helps to reply to message from lock screen on iOS 11/12 successfully. If you have further questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact us.
- Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with one click. Totally free!
- Fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo,iPhone black screen of death, iOS downgrade stuck, iPhone udpate stuck, etc.
- Support iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XR/XS/XS Max, and iOS 13, iOS 12.4, iOS 12.3 and eariler.