How to Fix No Sound Issues on iPhone
Ever since updating to iOS 14 and iOS 14.0.1, I’ve had sound issues with the iPhone 11 Pro. Sound volume is extremely low for calls on speakerphone, watching YouTube videos, and listening to music.
Many iOS users run into such circumstance that their sound isn t working on iPhone or other scenarios like no sound on calls. This may be caused by various reasons. So in this article we will introduce both causes and solutions on this problem. Just read the article below for more details.
- Part 1: Common No Sound Issues on iPhone
- Part 2: Why Is the Sound Not Working on My iPhone?
- Part 3: Common Solutions to Fix Sound Not Working on iPhone
- Part 4: All-in-One Way to Fix iPhone No Sound Issue with One Click
We've listed some of the most common no sound issues like no sound on Instagram videos. Check if you have met any of these questions. If you do, read part 2 and 3 for causes and solutions.
- iPhone no sound when calling/locked/ringing.
- iPhone sound not working with headphones.
- iPhone sound not working after update.
- iPhone sound not working on videos, calls, apps, youtube/in games and car/for text messages.
- iPhone volume not working
There are numerous reasons for theses no sound issues on iPhone. For example:
- 1. Accidentally put iPhone in mute mode or Do Not Disturb mode but forgot to turn it off;
- 2. iPhone sound not working after iOS 14/14.0.1 update;
- 3. iOS system issues caused your iPhone stuck in headphone mode, etc.
1. Check Notifications
Turn Allow Notifications and Sounds on. Go to Settings > Notifications and then choose it. On the next page, be sure the "Allow Notifications" & "Sounds" switch are in green color.
2. Change volume
Change the volume with the volume buttons or the slider in Control Center in any app you like.
3. Turn off Mute Switch
When your iPhone sound not working, it is most probably that you turn the Mute switch on but forget to turn it off. So, firstly, you need to check whether your iPhone is in mute mode or not. If it shows in red line, it means that you need turn it off.
4. Turn off Bluetooth
Some users may have the habit of using wireless earphones like Beats Solo to listen to music. If you forget to disable Bluetooth, the sound will be transmitted to your earphones or other connected devices so that you can't hear any sound. Thus, if your Bluetooth is on, go to Settings and click on Bluetooth, then close it.
5. Disable Do Not Disturb
When Do Not Disturb is on, you'll see a little moon sign on the upper right of your iPhone screen, and you will not hear any sound on your iPhone. So, you need to ensure that it's off.
6. Reset iPhone
Just go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset All Settings. If the problem still exists, you can click on Erase All Content and Settings. But just like the name reads, Erase All Content and Settings will wipe out all your current data on iPhone. So, backup your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud in advance is necessary.
7. Restart iPhone
For iPhone X/8/8 Plus, you need press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same for the Volume Down button. Follow up by pressing the Side button, and hold until the display suddenly shuts off — about 10 seconds. Keep holding the Side button and release when the device turns back onto its Apple boot screen. For earlier iPhones, press and hold the power button and Home button at the same time until Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen.
8. Update iOS
Update your iPhone to the latest iOS version. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
If all methods failed to fix "iPhone sound working" issue, the ultimate solution you can try is to use a professional iOS system recovery tool, Tenorshare ReiBoot, to repair the iOS system of your iPhone. It can fix various iOS stuck/errors, such as iPhone quick reply not working, iPhone stuck at Apple logo/black screen with spinning wheel/boot loop, etc. Here are steps to make it work:
- 1. Firstly, launch it on your PC and then connect iPhone to your PC via USB.
- 2. The program will now detect your device. After detection, simply, enter & exit recovery mode with just one click.
- 3. Tap on "Fix All iOS Stuck" and then "Fix Now" to fix your iPhone if its sound still doesn't come back to normal. This method will download the recent iPhone firmware to repair the system.
Now we've already listed all possible ways for you to fix iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/SE/6S/6 sound not working efficiently. If you like this article, feel free to share it via social networks. Also, use the comments section below if there's something you'd like to ask our editorial team.