Best 9 Ways to Fix Apps Not Downloading/Updating from Play Store
Google play store is the safest place to install applications on Android devices. If you are an android user, you must know how to use it. But when things start troubling then it becomes difficult to proceed with this store. So, if you cannot download apps from play store then you have to try some tricks to make it work. Here is how to resolve apps not downloading from play store.
- Way 1. Check Your Internet Connection
- Way 2. Clear the Google Play Store Cache & Data
- Way 3. Clear Google Play Services Cache
- Way 4. Reset the Download Manager
- Way 5. Uninstall Play Store Updates
- Way 6. Update the Play Store App
- Way 7. Remove and Re-add Google Account
- Way 8. Fix Apps Not Downloading from Play Store by Repairing Android System
- Way 9: Check for System Updates
Way 1. Check Your Internet Connection
Start with the very basic troubleshooting technique and which is checking your internet connection. If you are unable to download app from the play store and Google play store not updating apps then check if your internet is working properly. Check if there is something wrong with the Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. Turn on Airplane mode then turn it off.
Way 2. Clear the Google Play Store Cache & Data
Some unimportant and temporary files in the play store also hinder the process and show play store download/updates pending. If you cannot download apps from play store then such cache files need to be cleared so your downloading/updating process runs smoothly.
- Long press Google Play store > open app info menu.
- Click on the Storage and cache menu.
Press on “Clear cache” from the menu.
Way 3. Clear Google Play Services Cache
Google Play Services acts as a core Android system that powers all Google apps and services. So, if you are not able to download apps from play store then try clearing the Google Play Services cache. Here is how to do it.
- Navigate to settings > Apps & notifications > App info.
- Find Google Play Services > press on “Clear cache” and clear storage.
- Next “Clear All Data” on the next page and you are done with it.
Way 4. Reset the Download Manager
If you are still seeing Google play store not downloading your apps then reset the download manager. Because the play store downloads all apps via the Android download manager. If the download manager is disabled then you cannot download or update any apps. Here is how to do it.
- Head over to settings > app info > find Download manager by scrolling through the apps.
- Click on storage & cache and clear it.
- Tap “OK” to confirm the prompt to proceed.
Way 5. Uninstall Play Store Updates
Google also updates the play store to keep up with the new design and features in the background. So, if your apps are not downloading from play store then try removing any new updates you installed from any non-Google source. Here is how to do it
- First, long press on the icon of the Google play store and open the app info.
Press on the 3-dot menu and choose to uninstall updates option.
Way 6. Update the Play Store App
Updating an app can resolve a lot of problems. With that being said make sure your Google play Store is updated to the latest version. This helps to resolve the issue if you cannot download apps from play store. Here is how to do it.
- Go to settings > Play store version.
- Update the version to the latest available version. Your device will install the latest version of the play store.
Way 7. Remove and Re-add Google Account
Sometimes, the play store cannot authenticate your Google account. That's why you face Google play store not downloading apps on your android device. So, it's better to remove and re-add a Google account. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the settings on your Android device > account menu.
Choose your Google account > click on “Remove account”.
- Now go again to the account menu > add your Google account again.
Way 8. Fix Apps Not Downloading from Play Store by Repairing Android System
If you have tried all the discussed tips and tricks and still could not find any of them helpful for how to fix Google play store not downloading then we have got a worth trying solution. Try using Android repair software to get over the problem. Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android is an excellent choice to repair Android System and fix this problem. This software is effective for a number of android system problems including black/blue screen, battery drains and the list goes on.
Here is how it works to repair your Android system deeply.
Install Reiboot on your computer and connect your android device to PC. Click on “Repair Android system” to get started.
On the next interface, click “Repair now” if your device is not working smoothly.
From the next window select correct device information
Once you are done with selecting the device information next download a corresponding firmware package.
Once its downloaded then click on “Repair now” to get started with system repair.
Way 9: Check for System Updates
If the play store not working problem persists then you should make sure that your Android system is updated to the latest version. This will resolve the issue if you are not able to install apps from play store.
- Visit the Settings > System > Advanced > and look for System updates.
- If any update is available then install it on your device.
The Bottom Line
It's a real headache seeing you cannot download apps from play store especially when you need a specific app urgently. Try the above-discussed methods and don't forget to check out Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android to repair your Android system. It works magically well.