How to download Cydia without Jailbreak
Cydia app, designed and developed by Jay Freeman ("Saurik" - his alias name), is a package manager app that enables the iOS users to gain little more control over their iOS devices when it comes to installing custom apps which they are prohibited to install from Apple's native App store. Now, the question crops up that how Cydia can help you install such apps. Well, Cydia app makes use of Advanced Packing Tool (APT) repositories to help you install such apps on their device.
To sum it up in simpler words, Cydia is an unofficial app store with the help of which you can install third party apps on your iOS devices. Though, Cydia is not available on the native App store and hence people tend to think that to install it you're required to jailbreak your iOS device. But that’s not the case, you can easily install Cydia app without jailbreak and that's what we are going to explore in today's post. Please ensure to follow the instructions carefully on how to download Cydia without jailbreak and install it, to avoid any inconveniences.
Part 1: Cydia Supported iOS Devices
Well, Cydia fully supports almost all iOS firmware versions including the latest iOS 11.2 version as well. Therefore, there is a huge list of devices which are fully compatible with the Cydia application. That implies, you can make use of Cydia over your iPhone, iPad and iPod touches.
Conventionally, if you wish to have Cydia installed over your iDevice, you were supposed to know how to jailbreak with cydia, once you jailbreak your device and then the jailbreaking tool, usually, installs the Cydia application for you. This is because neither Cydia app is available over the native App Store now it is a website from where you can download the application package. But now, the Cydia app is available over "openappmkt" from where you can easily download and install Cydia app without jailbreaking your iDevice.
Part 2: How to Download and Install Cydia without Jailbreak
Enough of the talking now! It's now time to uncover the step by step tutorial on how to get Cydia app without jailbreak within a matter of few minutes. Here's what you are required to do.
- Launch your Safari browser and visit the link - www.cydiaios7.com
- Now, once the page has been loaded, you need to hit on the "UP arrow" icon at the bottom middle of your screen.
- Next, you'll have a pop up menu on your screen now. Hit on "Add to Home Screen" option to save the Cydia app icon on your home screen and hit on "Add".
Part 3: 3 Tips for Using Cydia
So you have now downloaded and installed the Cydia app without jailbreaking your iPhone. It's now time to get familiar with some tips for using Cydia.
Manually refresh Cydia packages list
Though, the Cydia app automatically refreshes the list of packages and updates on each startup, however, if you wish to refresh it manually, here's how to do it.
- First, get to the "Changes" section and then hit on the "Refresh" button.
Check your Cydia ID
At times, when developers offer tweak give-aways to the users, they need your Cydia ID to gift it. If you do not wish to miss out such opportunities, you must know what your Cydia ID is. Here are the steps to check your Cydia ID.
- Launch the Cydia app on your iPhone and get into the Manage Account section. Now, you'll we asked to sign in, use your Google account or your Facebook profile to sign in.
- You'll be able to see your Cydia ID ("Cydia Account") just below the section labeled as "Installable Purchases".
Cydia offers you a very helpful functionality to hide or unhide sections that you do not wish to see in the recently released list. Here's what has to be done to disable/enable sections in Cydia.
- Head to the Sources section and then click All Sources. Now, hit the "Edit” and an entire list of sections will be loaded on your screen with their toggle switches besides them.
- You now need to disable/toggle off the switch next to the section which doesn’t interests you and Cydia will take care of the rest.
Add or remove sources
In order to a new resource to Cydia app, you need to follow the below mentioned steps carefully or else you may not be able to receive desirable results.
- Get into the Sources section and then hit the Edit button. Now tap on "Add", punch in the URL of the package source you wish to add and then hit the "Add Source" button. The Cydia app will now start to fetch all package information from the source.
- Just in case you wish to delete any source, simply swipe on the source and then hit on "Delete".
If you no longer wish to get notified or receive upgrades for the already installed packages, then this tip may help you with the best.
- Launch the Cydia app and head to the preferred installed package. Now, hit the "Change Package Settings" button and then toggle on the "Ignore Upgrades" switch.
Recommended Way: Tenorshare iCareFone
Introducing a highly renowned and trustworthy way, Tenorshare iCareFone, to install Cydia app without the jailbreak. Unlike the traditional way of installing one app at a time, with this you have the privilege of installing multiple apps simultaneously.
Moreover, you can easily perform backup or restore operations effectively and efficiently as you can both selectively & completely backup or restore your data. You need not to worry about the compatibility of your device with this mighty tool as it offers full support to almost all iOS devices. On top of all you can also get any of the underlying issues resolved with its unique feature of iOS System Repair.
Many people find it difficult to jailbreak their iPhone just for installing Cydia app. However, we are now positive that with the aforementioned tutorials and tips you have learnt to download and install Cydia app without jailbreaking your iPhone and that too in a hassle-free way.