8 Tips to Fix Google Calendar Not Syncing with iPhone
by Anna Sherry Updated on 2022-03-26 / Update for iPhone Fix
Keeping a track of appointments and important days on Google calendar is a necessity. And it can be synced to iPhone when you use Calendars appp on iPhone. But it is very frustrating if you miss an important meeting because the calendar did not notify you. Such mess can happen due to ‘Google calendar not syncing with iPhone’ problem. Let’s go over some of the fixes to set everything back to normal.
- Part 1: 8 Tips to Fix Google Calendar Not Syncing with iPhone
- Extra Tip: How to Backup and Restore iPhone Calender
Part 1: 8 Tips to Fix Google Calendar Not Syncing with iPhone
Well, it can be easily done to sync Google Calendar to your iPhone. If you find the shared Google Calendar not showing up on iPhone, updating iOS version usually fix it, but what if not? Then you might need resort to the 8 methods shared below. One of these is surely going to ease up your life.
- 1. Check Internet Connection
- 2. Turn on Gmail Calendar
- 3. Enable Google Calendar in Calendar App
- 4. Enable Fetch New Data for Gmail
- 5. Delete and Add Google Accounts in Settings
- 6. Set Google Calender as Default
- 7. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 8. Check iPhone System Issues with ReiBoot
1. Check Internet Connection
To sync iPhone Google calendar, make sure that there is a stable internet connection, whether wifi or mobile data. And for mobile data, Calendar need access to the internet in app permissions.
Open Settings > Cellular. Scroll down to look for Calendar. Turn the toggle on if not yet.
2. Turn on Gmail Calendar
You too have the Gmail Calendar not syncing with iPhone problem? Don’t worry and try this. After you have signed in to your Google account on iPhone, do not forget to enable Calendar option. To do that:
- Open Settings, and go to Mail or Canlendar.
Then tap on Accounts. Ensure that your Gmail ID is added here. And then tap on it and toggle on Calendar.
3. Enable Google Calendar in Calendar App
Your iPhone can notify you unless you have enabled the events saved on Google Calendar. So the third tip you can check for Google Calendar not syncing with iPhone, tick all Gmail calendars in Calendar app. Follow the steps given below:
- On your iPhone, open Calendar app. On the bottom row, tap on Calendars.
Make sure that the options under the Gmail section are ticket. If not, tick them.
4. Enable Fetch New Data for Gmail
Fetch new data is used to regularly refresh and check new events you added on Calendar with internet connection. And if you face the problem of shared Google calendar not showing up on iPhone, enable Fetch New Data, and change the option to Fetch.
- Open Settings, and go to Calendar > Accounts > Fetch New Data.
Tap on Gmail, change the setting to Fetch. Also under the Fetch section, tick Automatically.
5. Delete and Add Google Accounts in Settings
If you have turned on all the needed features on iPhone and still find Google Calendar not showing on iPhone, just do it again, try to delete and add back your Google accounts, which can be of help too. Carefully follow the steps given below.
Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Gmail. Now tap on Delete Account.
- Restart your iPhone so the change has taken place completely.
- Then you can add the Gmail account, and set up calendars again.
6. Set Google Calendar as Default
Sometimes for Google Calendar not updating iPhone, it is not because you do not sync the calendars successfully, but because of the existed calendars on iPhone that still shows up after that. If nothing else has worked for you so far, then set Google Calendar as default.
- Open Settings and tap on Calendar. Scroll down to locate Default Calendar.
Once you see Gmail, tap on it to set it as the default calendar.
7. Reset All Settings on iPhone
After you have tried everything failed again and again, you should reset all settings iPhone to fix Google Calendar not syncing with iPhone. Anyway, it will not erase data but the general settings on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.
In the options available before you, choose Reset All Settings. Enter your passcode to confirm.
- Once reset is complete, add your Gmail account once again.
8. Check iPhone System Issues with ReiBoot
Lets say that your issue is still not fixed, then Tenorshare ReiBoot will do it for you. ReiBoot can fix troublesome system bugs like Calendar app does not work here and make your iPhone as good as new. This will surely make your problems of Google calendar not syncing with iPhone go away.
Download and launch the program on your computer and connect your iPhone to it with a USB cable. The click Start to begin.
Select Standard Repair, which cause no data loss. And then download the firmware package.
After you download the firmware package, start the standard repairing process.
In a few minutes, your iPhone will restart and the system problem will be fixed. Now try to sync Google calendars to iPhone and see if it can be done.
Extra Tip: How to Backup and Restore iPhone Calender
Now you must have solved the Google Calendar not syncing with iPhone problem, learn more useful tips here. Tenorshare iCareFone is the most reliable way to back up your data including iPhone calendar, and restore the data completely or selectively to the same deives or other iPhones whenever you need it later.
Install and run iCareFone on your computer. Click on Backup & Restore to start.
- Connect your iPhone and tap on Trust this computer if the prompt asks.
All types of files are automatically ticked to be backed up. If you want to select only Calendar, feel free to do so. Click on Backup when done.
- The process will begin and a backup will be made. in a few minutes.
Now if you need to restore the backup to your iPhone, select Restore from the vertical menu. All the past backups present on your computer will be displayed.
- Select the backup file you want to restore and click on View.
Find and tick the data you need. Click on Restore to Device and wait for the process to be completed.
Google Calendar not syncing with iPhone is a very bothering bug that should be dealt with right away. There are certain tips and tricks to try after reading this article. And if you would like to backup and restore Calendar on your iPhone, try Tenorshare iCareFone.