iOS 13 Update Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining? Here's Real Fix!
Question 1: "I tried to install iOS 13.1.3 recently and it won’t install, it just keeps saying "estimating time remaining". Is there any way around this so I can install it?
Question 2: ios 13 has been stuck “estimating time remaining” for a month.
- Part 1. The Reason of iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
- Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining When Updated to iOS 13.2/13.1/13
Part 1. The Reason of iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
There are various reasons why your iPhone will stuck on "Estimating Time Remaining". In most cases, it is caused by the several situations below:
- The server is busy and result in the time delay, because too many users are updating iOS 13 over a period of time. It is suggested to try again later.
- There is something wrong with network connectivity.
- Insufficient storage space
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining When Updated to iOS 13.2/13.1/13
- Method 1. 100% Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Remaining and Update iOS 13 without Data Loss
- Method 2. Hard Reset iPhone to Fix iOS 13 stuck on update requested
- Method 3. Manage iPhone Storage If iOS 13 Stuck on Update
- Method 4. Check The Network Connectivity When iOS 13 Stuck on Progress Bar
- Method 5. Delete Update and Download It Again
- Method 6. Update iOS 13 Using iTunes (Data loss)
Method 1. 100% Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Remaining and Update iOS 13 without Data Loss
There is a software called Tenorshare ReiBoot that is capable to repair 50+ iOS 13 system problems like stuck on estimating time remaining. Also, it offers you a free way to put your iPhone in recovery mode or exit recovery mode with 1 click. To avoid data loss, it is worthwhile to use this software. Here's a step by step guide to follow.
Method 2. Hard Reset iPhone to Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Update Requested
Whenever there is a problem with the mobile phone, the first thing that come into people’s mind is to restart phone. Indeed, it is the most direct and easiest way is to fix iOS issue. So if iOS 13 stuck on estimating time remaining, you can try to hard restart your iPhone. Apple’s latest iOS 13.1.3 is compatible with iPhone 6s and later devices including iPhone 11, the following is the method to force restart iPhone.
For iPhone 8 to iPhone 11:
- Press and release the Volume Up button
- Press and release the Volume Down button
- Long press the side button, don’t release until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
- Long press the Volume down button and the power button at the same time.
- Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6s:
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously at least 10 seconds
- Release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
Method 3. Manage iPhone Storage If iOS 13 Stuck on Update
You may not feel strange when you receive a storage full alert during updating your iOS device. Actually, insufficient storage space is one of the most common reason to cause unable to install iOS. In this case, you can free up memory space to download and install an update. Firstly, check how much storage space is left. If there isn't enough storage space to install an update, you can uninstall some apps that you don't need, clear the cache manually or delete some photos to expand.
- Open the Settings application > General > iPhone Storage.
- Select some apps that you don't need, and Tap "Delete App". You can also clear the cache manually on some application such as music and video.
Method 4. Check The Network Connectivity When iOS 13.1.3 Stuck on Progress Bar
During downloading the firmware and updating the latest iOS 13.1, keeping devices connected to a stable WiFi networks is absolutely necessary. Hence, when iOS update stuck on estimating time remaining, we need to check if the network is connected normally. One way to troubleshoot the network connectivity is to re-connect the network. And another way is to reset the network settings. Just open the setting application > General > Reset > tap "Reset the network settings". Then connect to the network again.
Method 5. Delete Update and Download It Again
Reinstalling update is also one of the easiest ways to resolve iOS update issues. The user needs to delete and re-download the system update file.
Method 6. Update iOS 13 Using iTunes (Data loss)
If all of the above methods fail, then you can try to update iOS 13 using iTunes on the computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. (Make sure that your iTunes is the latest version.)
- Launch iTunes and click the device icon.
- Tap Summary , then click "Check for Update" on the right bar of this interface.
That's all about it. In this article, we have concluded 6 ways to fix iOS 13 stuck on estimating time remaining. There are various reasons why your iPhone stuck on update, such as insufficient storage space. Based on different situation, we provide the corresponding solutions. Among of these solutions, Tenorshare ReiBoot is considered to be the most effective way. Apart from fixing iOS 13.1.3 stuck on estimating time remaining, this all-in-one tool can also fix other common iOS update problems. To get more information, you can read this article: Top 46 iOS 13/13.1 problems and how to fix them, hope that can help you!