iOS 13.5/13 Update Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining? Here's Real Fix!
Question 1: "I tried to install iOS 13.1.3 recently and it won’t install, it just keeps saying "estimating time remaining". Is there any way around this so I can install it?
Question 2: ios 13 has been stuck “estimating time remaining” for a month.
i want update my phone from iOS 12.4.1 to iOS 13.5 but the estimated time has been on for about three days and I don’t know why.
With the release of the latest iOS 13, many users are trying to download and install an update. But many of them complain that their iPhone stuck on estimating time remaining for a long time. It seems that this is a common iOS update problem because the previous iOS versions have encountered the same problem. In this article, we find out some feasible methods to fix iOS stuck on estimating time remaining as well as other common stuck issues. If you are updating to iOS 13.5/13.1/13.2 and stuck on estimating time remaining, these methods also work. Read on for more information.
- Part 1. The Reason of iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
- Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining When Updated to iOS 13.5/13.2/13.1/13
Part 1. The Reason of iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining
There are various reasons why your iPhone will stuck on "Estimating Time Remaining". In most cases, it is caused by the several situations below:
- The server is busy and result in the time delay, because too many users are updating iOS 13 over a period of time. It is suggested to try again later.
- There is something wrong with network connectivity.
- Insufficient storage space
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining When Updated to iOS 13.2/13.1/13
- Method 1. 100% Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Remaining and Update iOS 13 without Data Loss
- Method 2. Hard Reset iPhone to Fix iOS 13 stuck on update requested
- Method 3. Clear iPhone Storage If iOS 13 Stuck on Update
- Method 4. Check The Network Connectivity When iOS 13 Stuck on Progress Bar
- Method 5. Delete Update and Download It Again
- Method 6. Update iOS 13 Using iTunes (Data loss)
Method 1. 100% Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Estimating Remaining and Update iOS 13 without Data Loss
There is a software called Tenorshare ReiBoot that is capable to repair 50+ iOS 13 system problems like stuck on estimating time remaining. Also, it offers you a free way to put your iPhone in recovery mode or exit recovery mode with 1 click. To avoid data loss, it is worthwhile to use this software. Here's a step by step guide to follow.
Method 2. Hard Reset iPhone to Fix iOS 13 Stuck on Update Requested
Whenever there is a problem with the mobile phone, the first thing that come into people’s mind is to restart phone. Indeed, it is the most direct and easiest way is to fix iOS issue. So if iOS 13 stuck on estimating time remaining, you can try to hard restart your iPhone. Apple’s latest iOS 13.1.3 is compatible with iPhone 6s and later devices including iPhone 11, the following is the method to force restart iPhone.
For iPhone 8 to iPhone 11:
- Press and release the Volume Up button
- Press and release the Volume Down button
- Long press the side button, don’t release until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
- Long hold the 'Volume Down' button and the 'Power' button simultaneously.
- RLet both buttons go after the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6s:
- Hold the 'Sleep'/'Wake' button and the 'Home' button for 10 seconds.
- Free both buttons while appearing the Apple logo.
Method 3: Clear iPhone Storage If iOS 13 Stuck on Update
You may not feel strange when you receive a storage full alert during updating your iOS device. Actually, insufficient storage space is one of the most common reason to cause unable to install iOS. In this case, you can free up memory space to download and install an update. Firstly, check how much storage space is left. If there isn't enough storage space to install an update, you can uninstall some apps that you don't need, clear the cache manually or delete some photos to expand.
- Open the Settings application > General > iPhone Storage.
- Select some apps that you don't need, and Tap "Delete App". You can also clear the cache manually on some application such as music and video.
Method 4. Check The Network Connectivity When iOS 13.1.3 Stuck on Progress Bar
During downloading the firmware and updating the latest iOS 13.1, keeping devices connected to a stable WiFi networks is absolutely necessary. Hence, when iOS update stuck on estimating time remaining, we need to check if the network is connected normally. One way to troubleshoot the network connectivity is to re-connect the network. And another way is to reset the network settings. Just open the setting application > General > Reset > tap "Reset the network settings". Then connect to the network again.
Method 5. Delete Update and Download It Again
Reinstalling update is also one of the easiest ways to resolve iOS update issues. The user needs to delete and re-download the system update file.
Method 6. Update iOS 13 Using iTunes (Data loss)
If all of the above methods fail, then you can try to update iOS 13 using iTunes on the computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. (Make sure that your iTunes is the latest version.)
- Launch iTunes and click the device icon.
- Tap Summary , then click "Check for Update" on the right bar of this interface.
That's all about it. Here, 6 ways to fix iOS 13 stuck on estimating time remaining. There are various reasons why your iPhone stuck on update, such as insufficient storage space. Based on different situation, we provide the corresponding solutions. Among of these solutions, Tenorshare ReiBoot is considered to be the most effective way. Apart from fixing iOS 13.1.3 stuck on estimating time remaining, the all-in-one tool can also fix other iOS update problems. To get more information, you can read this article: Top 46 iOS 13/13.1 problems and how to fix them, hope that can help you!