Full Guide on How to Fix Car Texts Issues with iOS 15/14/13.7
“As soon as I updated to iOS 15/14/13, I am facing car text issues. Well, it is not working but it used to work properly while I was using iOS 15. I have restarted the iPhone numerous times but it is still the same. How do I fix it?”
Facing difficulty after installing a new version of iOS, has become quite normal for the users. Quite frankly, iOS may be one of the best Operating Systems out there ever to be developed but the latest updates come with quite a few issues. The car text issues with iOS 15 are one of such problems, keeping users on their feet. But thankfully there are quite a few fixes already available. Read the details in the article below
- Part 1: Potential Reasons Why Car Texts Issues with iOS 15/14/13
- Part 2: Step by Step to Fix Car Texts Issues with iOS 15/14/13
Part 1: Potential Reasons Why Car Texts Issues with iOS 15/14/13
Before we get into the details for effective fixes for car text issues with iOS 15/14/13, you should at least know about the possible reasons behind this specific issue.
We weren’t able to pin down a specific reason for the car text issues but the reasons listed below could potentially be responsible for it:
- Unable to Check for Update (An error occurred while checking for a software)
- Car/Vehicle information system error. The vehicle information system error could be one of the reasons behind the said error.
- iPhone running bugs. It could happen simply because of an iPhone glitch that may have appeared with the new iOS 15/14/13.
- USB cable port damage. If your car or the iOS device has a damaged USB port, then there is no way car text would work. Check out both of those ports before you look for another cause behind this issue.
- Network Connection Problem. Probably you have a connection problem. The Wi-Fi network you are connected to may not be stable or working properly at the moment; which could lead to car text issues with iOS 15/14/13.
- Carplay settings issue. Last but not least, the CarPlay settings. You may say that your Carplay setting was alright as it was working before updating to iOS 15/14/13. But sometimes installing a new iOS may lead to changes with some the settings on your device. So, check the Carplay settings.
Part 2: Step by Step to Fix Car Texts Issues with iOS 15/14/13
Here are fixes for Car Text issues with iOS 15/14/13, you were eagerly waiting for. These are pretty simple fixes, take a look:
- Step1: Restart Your iPhone and Car/Vehicle
- Step2: Check Do Not Disturb Settings on iPhone
- Step3: Disconnect Bluetooth Connection and Reconnect
- Step4: Whether CarPlay is Enabled
- Step5: Update Vehicle Settings
- Step6: Fix All iOS System Problem with ReiBoot
Step 1: Restart Your iPhone and Car/Vehicle
First, you need to restart both your iPhone and your vehicle. Minor software glitches are possible even with the vehicle software, so just shut down the car and turn it on again.
You also need to do the same with your iPhone. Here are the steps：
- Step 1: Press and hold the ‘Power’ button and any of the ‘Volume’ buttons.
- Step 2: After a few seconds, the slider will appear on the screen; drag it to the end of the screen.
The iPhone will be turned off, immediately. Now, wait at least 30 seconds before turning on the iPhone again.
Step 2: Check Do Not Disturb Settings on iPhone
You can also check the Do Not Disturb Settings on your iPhone. If do not disturb is turned on, then you could have car text issue. So, do the following:
- Step 1: When Do Not Disturb is turned on, there will be a crescent moon sign on the status bar. So, if you see it, navigate to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Step 2: You will see ‘Do Not Disturb’ and there will be a switch beside it.
Simply, toggle the switch in order to turn off Do Not Disturb.
Step 3: Disconnect Bluetooth Connection and Reconnect
Quite simply, it can be a Bluetooth connection problem. A simple glitch maybe! So, just disconnect the Bluetooth and connect it again after a few seconds.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Step 2: The Bluetooth option will be visible immediately. Tap on it to turn it off and then after a few seconds later turn it back on again.
A number of iOS users found that the car text issue on their Phones appeared due to faulty Bluetooth connection. So, there is a pretty big chance that the car text issue might get fixed after these.
Step 4: Whether CarPlay is Enabled
You may have forgotten the most important part of the procedure which is enabling CarPlay on your iPhone, and due to that, you may face the said problem.
- Step 1: So, go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Then, navigate to ‘CarPlay’ via ‘General’.
Check, if it is enabled and connect to your car. If it is, then proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Update Vehicle Settings
You also need to update your Vehicle Settings. So, check if there is an update available for your vehicle’s software, and update.
Step 6: Fix All iOS System Problem with ReiBoot
A real feedback from Apple user,"I have a 2016 Hyundai and since the iOS update Bluetooth connection is fine except that when I get a call or make a call I lose the person on the other end even though I’m still connected to the call." It is another car issue that can't be fixed with ways mentioned above.Yes, if any of the previously discussed fixes have not been able to fix Car Text issues with iOS 15, then we are quite sure that you have an issue with your iOS 15/14/13.
So, the previously mentioned gentle fixes will not work. You have to repair the iOS system and for that, you have to use an effective iOS system repair software. You will come across several such programs on the internet but we would recommend you to use Tenorshare ReiBoot.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is one of the best programs; designed to repair the iOS system effectively. It is capable of repairing more than 50 iOS related issues, including car text problem. The steps are also pretty simple, here they are:
Step 1 Download and install ReiBoot on your computer and connect the iPhone. Launch ReiBoot and click ‘Repair Operating System’ from the program interface.
Step 2 Now, the program will proceed to the next panel, where you need to click on the ‘Fix Now’.
Step 3 Then you will be asked to download the firmware package. Click ‘Browse’ and choose a path for the firmware; then click ‘Download’ to get the firmware on your computer.
Step 4 Now for the final step, click on ‘Start Repair’ button below after the firmware package is completely downloaded.
This is the most effective way to repair the iOS system. So, if all else fails, use Tenorshare ReiBoot to repair the iOS system and the car text issue will be fixed.
Nonetheless, it is a terrifying issue for the iOS users who connect the iPhone to their cars for numerous reasons, every day while going to work. So, in order to get it fixed, use the solutions elaborately detailed on this article. If it still fails, use Tenorshare ReiBoot and fix the iOS system itself. It is the best probable solution to such iOS issues and other iOS system probelms like stuck on recovery mode, stuck on black screen with spinning wheel after iOS update, and so on.