Fixed: How to Remove Software Update Notification from Android
Have you ever been so busy with your phone and all of a sudden you are interrupted by a notification to upgrade your Android software? For some people, this notification may become so persistent that it becomes a nuisance.
It is normal for your phone to notify you of the new Android OS so that you can upgrade. Once the notification starts disturbing, users often have two options. You can either go through with the update or disable the update notification software. On many Android phones, completing the update is the best option but if you want to just disable software update notification Android, this post for you.
- Part 1: Why People Want to Disable Software Update Notification Android
- Part 2: How to Disable Software Update Notification Android
- Part 3: How to Remove Software Update in Samsung
- Part 4: How to Turn Off Android System Notifications
- Part 5: How to Fix Android System Update Problems (User Recommended)
Part 1: Why People Want to Disable Software Update Notification Android
Many mobile phone users may want to know how to disable Android system notification for any of the reasons listed below.
- To escape the trouble of having to deal with incessant software update notification: Sometimes the notification to update software may keep recurring and causing a nuisance for mobile phone users. The notifications can keep interrupting users when enjoying games, videos or texting.
- To keep features intact: Updating software may make some apps you previously use on your device no longer compatible or accessible. If you are not willing to risk losing touch with some of your favourite apps, you may want to disable software update notification. It is also a common experience that after updates, some features on users’ device may begin to malfunction. You can simply disable software notification when you don't want to update your device.
- To postpone system update for later: There may be some reasons you may not want to update your device now. This could simply be due to the fact that you love how things are going with your device and you see no reason to update software.
- To enhance device speed: Update notifications can quickly take up storage space and make devices slower. You may need to remove software update notification before your device can run as fast as it should.
Part 2: How to Disable Software Update Notification Android
Hide software update notification Android is not difficult, you can follow the steps below to achieve it easily.
- Locate Settings on your Android device.
- Choose Developer options.
You should find the “Auto-update system” when you scroll down. Toggle off this feature and you won’t receive any software updates.
Part 3: How to Remove Software Update in Samsung
If you want to turn off software update notification Android on Samsung S10/9/8/7, use the method below.
- Locate the notification tray and swipe down.
- Keep your thumb on the Software update menu until you see a change in colour on the menu.
- Check the right side of your screen and select "i". This should take you to Google Play App.
Uncheck Show notifications on the menu list and Click OK.
Part 4: How to Turn Off Android System Notifications
To get rid of Android system notification, you need to play some easy tricks on your phone. The key is to use a false Wifi hotspot. The steps below should guide you through
- Go to Settings on your device and locate About Phone menu and select it.
Start a false update process. Select System update option.
- Connect to false Wifi. You will get a prompt to select a Wifi network if your device is offline. Once you get the prompt, click OK to connect to a false Wifi hotspot.
- Complete the false upgrade.
At this stage, you should your device's current OS on. Choose Check Update and find a version higher version. Wait for few seconds until you get a prompt indicating that your Android has been updated to the latest OS.
This is not true since you didn't use a working Wifi network. You should stop getting software update notifications if you do this right.
Part 5: How to Fix Android System Update Problems
ReiBoot for Android is an all-in-one software solution to over 50 mobile phone issues. You can solve booting problems and a lot of mobile device software issues using it. ReiBoot for Android runs on Windows 10 and is able to work with more than 500 different models of Android mobile devices. All that is required to use it is a good USB cable and the ability to follow simple instructions on the user interface.
- ReiBoot for Android is compatible with almost all Android.
- Users can choose to use the Free or Paid version of it.
- It supports multiple phone reboot modes.
- It comes with an easy user interface, so anyone can use the software.
- ReiBoot for Android can fix more than 50 Android and iOS issues, including, app crashing, system update issues, message not sent and many others.
How to Use ReiBoot for Android to Fix Systems Update Problems
The steps required fix system update problems or Android disable system update notification using ReiBoot for Android are easy. Below are the steps.
Visit Reiboot official website at Tenorshare to download the software on your computer. Once you have downloaded ReiBoot for Android setup, install and run the app.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Android to the computer via USB debugging mode.
Choose "Repair Android System" once you are sure your Android device has been detected by it.
Select and confirm your device details before you proceed to download firmware.
- Wait for the firmware to download. This may take a while.
After the firmware is successfully downloaded, select "Repair Now" to complete the process.
NB: Be sure that your device and your PC are properly connected to guarantee faster and successful fix of system update issues.
Allowing your device to update after receiving the notification is one of the best ways to deal with a software update notification. It is usually better to update your device software to improve user security and device functions. However, if you feel you are not ready to update your phone due to any reason, you can pend it till later using any of our recommended steps. You should save ReiBoot for Android as the last resort after all else fails. You can also use the software if you encounter any challenges while updating your device.