How to Remove App Lock Pattern from Android [2023 Update]?
Most of the people out there utilize the App Lock pattern to protect their apps from unauthorized access. App Lock Pattern helps you to password-protect your applications' access to maintain your privacy. It means when you are using the App Lock Pattern, you can't access
However, if you haven’t used the App Lock Pattern for a while, you may forget the password. Even though the App Lock pattern offers tight security, there are still ways to remove the App Lock pattern and regain access to your app on Android phones. Let’s explore different ways to remove the app lock pattern from Android here.
Part 1: What Is App Lock Pattern?
An app lock pattern is a security application that most Android users use. This application allows you to protect your apps to protect their content by drawing a pattern lock. To use this application, you need to set up a unique pattern lock, which will serve as a source of authentication to gain access to the content of protected apps.
Consequently, protecting your apps and preventing unauthorized access to your sensitive information has become easier.
Part 2: How Do I Remove Pattern Lock from Apps?
If, for some reason, you have forgotten your App Lock Pattern and want to know how to turn off App Lock on Android, then don't worry. Here, we have brought a detailed guide for you to remove app lock and regain your apps’ access successfully.
Method 1: Force Stop App Lock
The very first method you should learn for how to remove app lock in Redmi without a password is force-stopping App Lock. Follow the steps below to complete the process and remove app lock:
- Go to Settings > Apps and then click on the downloaded applications tab.
- Scroll down to find App Lock in this tab.
Click on App Lock, and you will see this page on your screen.
- Click on Force Stop to complete the process.
It will ultimately make App Lock to stop working and help you to access all your apps without any hassle.
Method 2: Uninstall App Lock
Another simple option to remove the App Lock here is to uninstall the App Lock application itself. The process of uninstalling app lock from your Android phone is quite straightforward and quick.
You just need to open the Settings application from your mobile phone. Click on Apps and scroll down to find App Lock here. Tap on App Lock to open its info page.
Click on the uninstall option to remove App Lock from your Android mobile phone. Once the uninstallation process is completed, you can access all your apps without any restrictions.
Method 3: Disable App Usage Access
Android version 5 and above require you to permit usage access for the appropriate working of the App Lock Pattern. So, disabling app usage access will make it easier for you to make App Lock stop working. Here are the steps you need to follow to disable App Usage Access to remove App Lock:
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
Scroll down to the Security tab and then select apps with usage access. You can find these apps in the Advanced section.
- Then go to App Lock and disable it to switch off the App Lock application from your Android phone.
Method 4: Reset the App Lock Pattern
App Lock Pattern also has a forgotten password option that you can use to reset your app lock pattern easily. This solution will let you replace your old app lock pattern with a new one. Here are the steps you need to follow to reset the app lock pattern in your Android mobile phone:
- Open App Lock on your mobile phone.
- Click on the Menu icon on your screen and select Forgot Password from the available options there.
- Now select to send App Lock’s code to your added security email. Then, you need to check your email inbox to get the security code.
- Now, enter the same code into App Lock’s reset password option. Now, you can add a new password to access the App Lock pattern and unlock your applications easily.
Method 5: Reboot to safe mode
Safe Mode of your Android phone allows you to load all the basic OS features without any third-party applications. Therefore, you can consider it another effective way you can consider for how to remove the app lock pattern from Android.
Press your mobile phone’s power button and hold it until you see the power off options on the screen.
- Click Restart while holding your phone’s power button and let the mobile phone enter safe mode.
Now, start accessing your phone’s apps without opening App Lock.
Bonus Tip: How to Unlock Android Phone Pattern Lock without Factory Reset?
Another effective method to unlock your Android phone pattern lock is using 4ukey for Android. This tool offers an effective yet quicker way to remove App Lock pattern on the go. Regardless of the screen lock type you want to remove, 4ukey for Android can help you with this.
4ukey for Android also offers some amazing benefits like:
- Remove android phone lock without Factory Reset.
- Bypass your Android FRP without a Google account and password.
- You can even use 4ukey for Android to remove the lock of your Samsung with one click.
- Above all, you can unlock your phone lock without losing your valuable data.
Follow the steps below to remove screen lock with 4ukey for Android:
Download and launch 4ukey for Android on your laptop or computer.
Click on Remove Screen Lock from the available options on your screen.
Click Start to proceed.
The tool will download the packages automatically.
Follow the on-screen instructions to put your mobile phone in download mode.
The program will automatically remove lock screen pattern from your mobile phone.
Click Done and restart your phone to regain access to all the applications.
Overall, App Lock is a useful application that keeps your applications protected from unauthorized access. However, if you need to remove app lock from your Android phone, you can use any of the above solutions. 4ukey for Android is arguably the most efficient one and doesn’t require you to Factory Reset your mobile phone. So, if you have a computer system in hand, then you must give it a try.
- Bypass Google account verification on Samsung devices (Android 6-13)
- Remove Android password, pattern, PIN, and fingerprint lock just one click away
- Support removing screen lock and FRP on both Win & Mac