How to Check iPhone Battery Health? 3 Free Ways You Can't Miss
Your iPhone’s battery health is 100% when you purchase it new. As you use it and go through charge cycles, the battery health eventually goes down. When it goes below 80%, your iPhone’s performance may degrade significantly.
In this article, we talk about how to check iPhone battery health and figure out how well it’s doing for you.
- Part 1: How to Check iPhone Battery Health with 3 Methods
- Part 2: How to Check Exact iPhone Battery Charge Cycles
- Part 3: 4 Tips to Improve iPhone Battery Health
Part 1: How to Check iPhone Battery Health with 3 Methods
Here are the top 3 ways on battery healthy iPhone.
1. Check iPhone Battery Health in iPhone Settings
The first and the most obvious method on how to check battery health in iPhone is, of course, through the Settings app.
Here’s how to find battery health on iPhone using this method.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Battery > Battery Health.
In the Battery Health section, you should be able to see a percentage indicating your battery health.
2. Use Tenorshare iCareFone to Check iPhone Battery Health (Free)
If you’re wondering how to check iPhone battery in detail and find out more information about it, this section is for you.
Tenorshare iCareFone is the simplest way to get information about your battery health in no time. Not only that, iCareFone has tons of other features you can use to manage your iPhone. It’s an all-in-one tool you must-have for your iPhone.
Alongside performing an iPhone battery check, iCareFone can also check whether other components of your iPhone are working fine.
Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone by clicking the button above. Connect your iPhone to the PC. Open iCareFone. On the home page of iCareFone, click “View” right next to the Test Report label.
At the bottom right, you will be able to see your iPhone’s current battery health, as well as the total number of charge cycles.
3. Check iPhone Battery Health via 3uTools
Another way to perform an iPhone battery life check is through 3uTools. 3uTools is an easy-to-use tool that lets you easily check your iPhone’s battery information quickly.
Here’s how to check your battery health with 3uTools.
- Download and install 3uTools on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Tap “Trust This Computer” if you’re connecting your iPhone to that PC for the first time.
- Open 3uTools.
- On the right-hand side, you will be able to see the battery health and total charge cycles of your iPhone.
- Click “Details” to find more information about your iPhone’s battery.
Part 2: How to Check Exact iPhone Battery Charge Cycles
If you want to check iPhone battery cycle count without installing any third-party app, there’s good news for you. It’s possible to check iPhone battery cycles without installing anything. However, the process may not be as simple as installing and using Tenorshare iCareFone.
Here’s how to check your battery cycle count on iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
Go to Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Analytics Data.
- On this screen, you should be able to see a lot of log files. Find the one that starts with the name “log-aggregated”.
- Open the file and copy all the text in it.
- Open the Notes app, create a new note, and paste all the content into it.
- From the top-right action icon, select “Find in Note”.
- Search for “BatteryCycleCount” and look at the given number. The given number is your total battery cycles count.
Actually, there is an easier and free way to check iPhone battery charge cycles - iCareFone.
First Download and install iCareFone on your computer. Connect your device and open iCareFone. Then on its main interface, clcik "View" right next to the Test Report icon.
Then you will see your iPhone battery charge cycles directly and clearly.
Part 3: 4 Tips to Improve iPhone Battery Health
If you’re able to keep your battery health high for a long time, your iPhone will work great for a longer period. That explains why it’s important to try and keep your battery health intact.
In this section, we talk about the top 4 tips you need to know to keep your battery health intact.
1. Use the original charger and cable
First and foremost, make sure you’re using an original Apple charger and lightning cable to charge your iPhone. Third-party chargers are very likely to degrade your battery health faster.
2. Don’t let it go down to 0%
Always try to keep your battery percentage between 20% and 90%. If you let it drain too low, it may affect the battery’s health.
3. Don’t force close apps
Don’t swipe up apps from your Recent Apps screen. The iPhones are very intelligent and can automatically close running apps as per system requirements. If you close the apps manually, the system will have to spend more power to open them again.
4. Stay away from heat
Heat and batteries don’t do that well together. Make sure to charge your phone in a pretty cold room, otherwise, it may overheat and degrade battery health.
So, there you have it. That’s everything you need to know about finding iPhone battery health with ease.
Remember, if you’re looking for the easiest method to get detailed information about your battery, Tenorshare iCareFone is your best friend.