[Solved] WiFi Keeps Saying Incorrect Password on iPhone
"I have the iPhone 8 iOS 12 and the Wi-Fi has been working perfectly fine then out of the blue it decided to get disconnected and now my Wi-Fi network it says the password is incorrect (I know it's correct). Is there any other ways to fix this problem?"
Well, it might sound weird that even if you enter the right password, your iPhone says Wi-Fi password is incorrect. This problem is, though, not uncommon these days and has been encountered by a number of iPhone users. If you or anyone you know has experienced this issue, then there is nothing to panic. We have got you covered! Go through the article for a suitable solution.
- Method 1. Restart Your iPhone
- Method 2. Reset Network Settings
- Method 3. Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Re-Join
- Method 4. Restart the Wi-Fi Router or Modem
- Method 5. Disable Wi-Fi Assist
- Method 6. Force Restart Your iPhone
- Method 7. Change the Wi-Fi Password
- Method 8. Fix "iPhone Wi-Fi Says Incorrect Password" with ReiBoot
Method 1. Restart Your iPhone
Even if you type the right Wi-Fi password, your iPhone warns you of incorrect Wi-Fi password. In such a situation, once you should try to restart your iPhone. Most of the time, a restart fixes minor issues with your iPhone.
- Push down the 'Sleep/Wake' key on your iPhone.
- Toggle off the 'Power Off' slider and wait a while.
- Press the 'Sleep/Wake' key again till you see the Apple logo come up on screen.
Method 2. Reset Network Settings
In order to fix incorrect password Wi-Fi issue, you can also reset the network settings. Doing so would clear all the network settings for Wi-Fis along with the saved passwords.
- Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset'.
- Now, click 'Reset Network Settings' > enter passcode > 'Reset Network Settings' for confirmation.
Method 3. Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Re-Join
While connecting to a Wi-Fi network, the password gets saved on your iPhone. But, in any case if the connection gets corrupted, connecting to the same Wi-Fi becomes impossible. Forgetting and reconnecting would stop the iPhone saying incorrect Wi-Fi password. Here is how.
- Browse, 'Settings' > 'Wi-Fi' > hit info button i.e. 'i' against Wi-Fi name > 'Forget This Network'.
- Now, wait a while and refresh the iPhone. Select the same Wi-Fi from list.
- Login to it and check if you can access the internet.
Method 4. Restart the Wi-Fi Router or Modem
The iPhone saying incorrect Wi-Fi password issue might be because of any glitch in the Wi-Fi router or modem. Restarting the modem or router might do the best. Turn off the power supply to the modem/router and restart the device after turning on the power supply.
Method 5. Disable Wi-Fi Assistn
You can as well, fix the said problem by disabling the Wi-Fi Assist. Here are the steps.
- Go to 'Settings' and click 'Cellular'.
- Go down the list of Apps using cellular data and then tap 'Wi-Fi Assist'. Turn it down, so that iPhone won't automatically turn on data.
Method 6. Force Restart Your iPhone
When things are continuously going down south, you can rely on force restarting your iPhone. it will possibly get you out of the messy iPhone saying incorrect Wi-Fi password problem.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus/X/XS/XR/XS Max – Quickly tap 'Volume Up' key and leave. Repeat the same with the 'Volume Down' key. Press the 'Sleep/Wake' key until Apple logo is in sight.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus – Click and hold 'Sleep/Wake' and 'Volume Down' keys together unless the Apple logo appears.
- For iPhone 6/6S and older – Push down 'Home' and 'Sleep/Wake' buttons at a time. Release the buttons when Apple logo glows on screen.
Method 7. Change the Wi-Fi Password
Login to your Wi-Fi account and change the password. Re-login to see the issue of Wi-Fi keeps saying incorrect password vanish at once. It is possible that changing the password would help you at large in combating the issue.
Method 8. Fix "iPhone Wi-Fi Says Incorrect Password" with ReiBoot
Well, now that every effort has been made and gone futile, we guess there is something else behind this problem. Incorrect password for Wi-Fi appears on iPhone because of an iOS bug as well. If this is the case with your iPhone, then we would recommend you to go for Tenorshare ReiBoot, and get hold of the situation ASAP. This software is popular for its unique no data loss feature while fixing major iOS issues from your iPhone. With the 'Repair Operating System' feature, there is hardly any iOS problem that is not taken care of. Starting from iPhone stuck on Apple logo, to frozen screen, black screen, unresponsive iPhone or anything else, ReiBoot is a gem of an application to ease off the burden. The latest iOS versions and device models are supported by it on both Mac and Windows computers.
Here comes the detailed guide for how to fix incorrect password Wi-Fi iPhone problem using Tenorshare ReiBoot. First and foremost, you need to download the software from the official website. Once the download is successful, install and run the application on your computer.
Step 1: Now, get your iPhone and its lightning cable to connect it with the computer. Select the 'Repair Operating System (Fix All iOS Stuck)' tab on the ReiBoot main screen.
Step 2: Now, click on 'Start Repair' button, and then click 'Download' to get the firmware downloaded.
Step 3: After firmware download is complete, again hit 'Start Repair' button from the following window. Wait for some time to get ReiBoot repair the iOS and fix the incorrect password Wi-Fi iPhone issue completely.
When you experience that your iPhone is saying incorrect Wi-Fi password continuously, it is the time to take action rather than staying quiet. Therefore, we mentioned some very effective solutions for you that you can yourself follow without taking help of anyone. Moreover, we would really like to recommend you Tenorshare Reiboot as it is one of the professional software and works with high-quality giving great results. thanks for reading the article!