This Apple ID is Not Active: How to Fix Now
Recently some iPhone users report problems with their Apple ID. When they try to log in or log out their Apple ID accounts, they get a message saying “
Why this Apple ID is not active and how to make my Apple ID active? If you have the same questions, keep reading this article to fix your Apple ID problem.
- Part 1: What Does This Apple ID is Not Active Mean
- Part 2: Why Does It Say My Apple ID is Not Active
- Part 3: 6 Tips to Fix Apple ID is Not Active
Part 1: What Does This Apple ID is Not Active Mean
If you see Verification Failed This Apple ID is not active notice on your iPhone while signing in or signing out Apple ID, it measn that Apple has deactivated and disabled your account due to an issue. All Apple ID related services will be unavailable.
Part 2: Why Does It Say My Apple ID is Not Active
Coming to find out the reasons why you are facing this Apple ID not active problem. Below are some possible causes.
- You enter wrong Apple ID password too many times, which causes Apple locks your account and Apple ID is not active.
- There is a network problem or Apple ID temporarily unavailable in Apple System status.
- There is a problem with your payment information or your identification.
- It is a second-hand iPhone with previous Apple ID account that you cannot sign out.
- Apple latest security updates.
Part 3: 6 Tips to Fix Apple ID is Not Active
Now let's work out Apple ID not active fix. There are multiple ways and we are going to list 6 of them. Try each one by one until you make Apple ID active again.
1. Restart Your Device
The first thing you should do when you encounter any issue on your iPhone is to restart the device. In our case, we are also going to restart our iPhone and then check if the Apple ID not active problem is resolved.
2. Check Apple System Status
Another possible cause for Apple ID not active might not be on your side but on the side of Apple. Check Apple system status. Locate Apple ID and see the color of light here. Anything except green means a problem that need solving by Apple.
3. Change to Another Wi-Fi or Mobile Data
The third tip, we should ensure that our internet is working properly before we go messing with Apple ID not active. Switch between Wi-Fi and Mobile data so that if one is faulty, the other works and makes things ok.
4. Reset Apple ID Password
This Apple ID is not active appears most of the time when we enter the Apple ID password. So you can try resetting the Apple ID password and see if this works. Here we recommend resetting on Apple ID website as your iPhone Settings goes wrong.
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
Select Password in Sign-In and Security section.
- Enter the current Apple ID password and set a new one.
- After that, sign in or sign out with the new password on your iPhone. You might not get the message “This Apple ID is not active” at this time.
5. Remove Apple ID with 4uKey
Like what we have said, entering wrong Apple ID password can lead to Apple ID not active problems. So how to remove Apple ID without password on iPhone, follow the directions given below to sign out Apple ID via Tenorshare 4uKey.
Launch 4ukey program on your computer. Click on ‘Remove Apple ID’ to begin.
Connect your iPhone to it with a lightning-fast cable and click on ‘Next’.
Before go on, set up a screen passcode and enable Two Factor Authentication. Then 4uKey will let you download the firmware package.
After downloding the firmware, start the Apple ID removal process.
Last but not least, follow the on-screen guide and activate your device by using the screen passcode.
6. Contact Apple for Support
Despite the above efforts, you still cannot make your Apple ID active? Contact Apple Support with your issue. For whatever reason Apple marked your Apple ID as inactive, they will provide possible assistance in recovering it.
Users facing the problem of This Apple ID is not active can find feasible methods present in this article. They are not limited to resetting your Apple ID password or using Tenorshare 4uKey to remove Apple ID without password. And it is available to contact Apple and ask for their help too.