How to Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp with Step-by-Step Guide
Let’s face! We all have blocked someone on WhatsApp. Still as curiosity is in our nature, we wish to find a way to check if they are messaging us and what are those messages? If same is the case with you, this article has got you covered! In it, we have explained the proper methods through which you can learn how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp.
Once you have blocked a person's contact on WhatsApp, you will not see their messages or calls. You can recover these deleted messages in different methods; let's get into the article and have a look at the detailed discussion on them.
- Part 1: Can You Retrieve Blocked Messages
- Part 2: How to Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp
- Part 3: One-Click Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp without Backup
- Bonus Tip: How to Block Someone on WhatsApp
Part 1: Can You Retrieve Blocked Messages
WhatsApp is one of the most popular communicating platforms, as hundreds of thousands of people are using WhatsApp as their sole communication method. People worldwide are using this as an alternative to iMessage and Facebook Messenger.
Blocked messages mean that person you have blocked will not be able to send you any messages or give you a call. If you have blocked someone, you won't be able to see the messages that the blocked person has sent you. Hence, the communication from that person will stop entirely, and you won't get any notifications.
The first query here is if you can retrieve the blocked messages. Then the answer is yes; you can get a sneak peek at the messages. There are different methods to retrieve the messages and see what the blocked person has sent you without unblocking them.
Part 2: How to Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp
Recovering your blocked messages can be done in different ways. In this article, we will be talking about four different ways through which you can know how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp.
Way 1: Recover Blocked Messages on WhatsApp from Chat
WhatsApp has an inbuilt backup feature through which you can easily retrieve blocked messages. Following are some of the easy and simple steps that you can use to see the blocked messages without unblocking the person.
1. The first step is to open WhatsApp and go to the Chats section.
2. From here, choose Archive to view your archived chats.
3. Scroll through your Chats and click on the chat you need to view.
Another method is using the backup feature of WhatsApp. Following are the steps you need to do to retrieve the blocked messages via this method.
1. First, delete your WhatsApp application from the device.
2. Then go to the App Store or Google Store and reinstall the application on your phone.
3. Now open the application, add your mobile number, and complete the verification system.
4. Once the verification is completed, click on the Restore option.
5. This will back up all your texts and allow you to retrieve the blocked messages.
Way 2: Recover Blocked Messages on WhatsApp via iCloud
If you have an iPhone and want to retrieve messages, this method is just for you. Before hopping onto the steps, you must turn ON the iCloud backup feature and follow the steps to recover the blocked WhatsApp messages.
- The first step is to open your iPhone and then go to Settings. Click on the Apple ID option.
- Next, go to iCloud and click on the iCloud backup option.
This will help you back up all the messages and easily view all the blocked messages on WhatsApp.
Way 3: Recover Blocked Messages on WhatsApp from Others
If you don't have an iPhone and are an Android or computer owner, then you might be wondering how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp on your device. Here is how you can do so!
- First, open the WhatsApp application on your Android device.
- Next, click on the Chat tab and go to the Archived Chats button at the bottom of the page.
- If the person you have blocked is in the Archived Chats, click on the chat with a long tap.
- Now, click on the box icon that comes on the top of the screen. The chat will be extracted, and you will have all the chats from the blocked messages.
Way 4: Recover Blocked Messages on WhatsApp via iTunes
If you have the files backed up on iTunes, you can restore the messages. Follow the steps that are given below to know how you can do so.
Step 1:Launch the iTunes on your iPhone and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2:Then click on the device option in the top-left corner of iTunes.
Step 3:From here, click on the Summary option and tap on the Restore iPhone option.
Step 4:By this last step, you can quickly restore all the blocked messages on your iPhone.
Part 3: One-Click Retrieve Blocked Messages on WhatsApp without Backup
If the methods mentioned above are not working, then UltData WhatsApp Recovery is best for you. Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery allows you to easily back up all your chats and information on your iPhone. If you want to know how to retrieve blocked messages on WhatsApp with this third-party software, follow the steps given below.
The very first thing is to download and install the UltData WhatsApp Recovery on your computer and launch it.Next, click on the Device option.Now, ensure that your iPhone or any other device is connected to the Mac book or computer through a USB cable. Click on the "Scan" option. UltData WhatsApp Recovery will automatically detect and pair the device with the program.
Allow the scanning on the iOS device for the WhatsApp blocked messages.
You will have a preview of the things that you can recover. If you don't want to recover all the things, you can select a few; if you want to recover everything, select everything.
Now click on "Recover" and you can either recover or delete the files from here
Bonus Tip: How to Block Someone on WhatsApp
If you are wondering how to block someone on WhatsApp, following are the steps that you need to follow.
- First, open your WhatsApp and click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- From here, click on the Settings option.In Settings, you need to tap on the Account option.
- Proceed with clicking on the Privacy button from the Account and then click on the Blocked Contacts.
- Now choose the Add option and search for people or contacts you want to block.
That’s it! By this last step, you have successful blocked your desired contact on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is an amazing application that allows users to interact with each other from across the borders. This widely used platform also allows users to block someone from sending messages and calling them. However, if you want to view the messages from the blocked contact, this article is for you!
It is filled with information about retrieving blocked messages on WhatsApp. Out of all, the best and the quickest way to retrieve messages is by using the Tenorshare UltData WhatsApp Recovery
- Recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Android devices;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp data directly from iOS devices;
- Support the scanning and reading of encrypted iTunes backup files;
- Support 7+ file types (contacts, photos,chats,voice messages, etc.);
- Compatible with latest iOS 17 and Android 12/13.