Top Ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
Restoring WhatsApp backup is essential when you switch devices or your old device breaks down. Though there are numerous ways to restore this popular and most used chat service, you need to pick the best one out of them. As WhatsApp no longer is just a messaging app, rather a prominent mode of communication for even work, business, and other day to day needs in life; losing out vital data containing official document softcopies, important family pictures etc. would obviously cost you terribly. To avoid that issue, we are going to explain how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling in this article.
- Part 1: Full Guide on Restoring WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for iOS Devices
- Part 2: Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for Android Devices
Part 1: Full Guide on Restoring WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for iOS Devices
- Way1: Restore WhatsApp Backup Using iTunes
- Way2: Using iCloud to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
- Way3. The Best Alternative Way to Restore WhatsApp without Uninstalling from Local Backup
Way1: Restore WhatsApp Backup Using iTunes
If you are wondering how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling, we would bring the traditional iTunes to your rescue. Guide at below:
- Launch iTunes on your system and connect iPhone then select iPhone icon from top corner.
- Tap 'Summary' >'Restore Backup' > choose a backup file > 'Restore'.
Cons of this method:
- No selective backup
- More space required for full backup
- More time consuming as more data gets restored
- Data loss as old data overwrites the existing one on iPhone.
Way2: Using iCloud to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
You can also restore WhatsApp using iCloud. The steps are:
1. Firstly, you need to factory reset your device. Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Contents and Settings'.
2. Your device will boot now. When it gets turned on, make sure to follow the setup instructions and reach the 'App & Data' screen.
3. From the, pick 'Restore from iCloud Backup'. Now, sign in with iCloud credentials.
4. Choose the needed backup and there you go; your backup will be restored in a while.
Cons of iCloud restoration:
- You need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp
- Restored data overwrites iPhone data.
- No selective backup or restore supported.
As you have seen that how to restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling in the above sections. But, they are not completely complying with what your desired outcome must be. They make your data vulnerable, while restoring WhatsApp backup. In order to keep the data safe and avoid uninstalling WhatsApp for the restore purpose, it would be better that you switch to a more convenient and trusted option like iCareFone using your local backup.
Way3. The Best Alternative Way to Restore WhatsApp without Uninstalling from Local Backup
Tenorshare iCareFone is the ideal option if you want to backup and restore a local WhatsApp backup on your iPhone. You can backup data without any charge here. It can backup and restore data selectively, including contacts, app data, and plenty other data types. You can transfer data to and from your iPhone with a computer with this software. Moreover, it works as an iTunes alternative and transfers iTunes media to your iPhone. It will effortlessly help you restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling WhatsApp.
Let's backup WhatsApp chats via iCareFone First:
Step 1 Get iCareFone installed and launched on your system. Connect your iPhone and trust the computer and then hit 'Backup & Restore' tab from the program window.
Step 2 Under 'App Data' select 'WhatsApp & Attachments' option and tap 'Backup' button. Within a while 'Backup Completed' message would appear.
Step 3 Tap on 'View Backup List' or 'View Backup Data' buttons to view the backup.
Here is how to restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling it:
Step 1Launch iCareFone and connect the new iPhone. Hit the 'Backup & Restore' and tap 'To view or restore previous backup files' seen across the bottom of the screen and choose backup.
Step 2 Click 'View' once you locate the recent iCareFone backup. Mark 'WhatsApp' and 'WhatsApp Attachments' checkboxes and then press the 'Restore to Device' or 'Export to computer' buttons.
Part 2: Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for Android Devices
In case you are wondering how to restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling, then we must say there is no way out for that. whether you want to restore from Google Drive or take local WhatsApp backup, you got to uninstall the app in order to restore.
Recommend Way: How to Restore WhatsApp Messages by Scanning Android Device
For understanding how to restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling in an Android device, Tenorshare UltData for Android seems the best option. This can recover deleted data from a crashed, factory reset, or unresponsive device. You can not only backup and restore Android device data but also selectively and completely preview the data. Individual data can also be recovered with it. it recovers SD card data as well, while keeping all the data secure. Videos, photos, WhatsApp messages and attachments, text messages etc. are supported by this tool.
Let's see how to recover deleted pictures on Android using Tenorshare UltData for Android–
Step 1 Install and run Tenorshare UltData for Android and connect your Android device. Enable 'USB Debugging' and tap 'OK'.
Step 2 Select 'Gallery' and 'WhatsApp messages & attachments' followed by 'Next' from the next screen. Data types get scanned here.
Step 3 After scanning, you can preview your data. choose 'WhatsApp' from the left panel for that matter. Click 'Recover' button afterwards.
Step 4 Choose the destination folder on computer and tap 'Save'. Restore it to your Android later.
Here we are ending the topic and we hope that you are now well familiarized with the whole purpose of this article. To restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling, however, we've found that iCareFone is the most convenient method in WhatsApp backup and restore.