Top Ways to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
Whether you want to change your device to a new one or your old device breaks down. As a WhatsApp user, the first thing you should care about is WhatsApp data. So, here comes a problem "how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling". It sounds like impossible, however we are going to show you an useful way to help you solve this problem.
- Part 1: Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
- Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for iOS Devices
Part 1: Top Way to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
As we know, WhatsApp has it own ways to help you solve this problem. However, the complicated steps makes a bunch of users get headache. So, looking for an easy way to restore WhatsApp from Android to iPhone is very necessary. Luckily, we found the easist way is using iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer). It supports Android to iPhone, iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android. Let's see how it surprises you.
First of all, download and install this tool on your PC/Mac. Then, connect your two devices to computer.(Here we are using Mac as example)
Select "View & Restore" and choose the device you want to restore and then click "Restore to iOS" or "Restore to Android".
Next, hit "Restore now" starting restore.
Last, wait for a few minutes and your WhatsApp data will be restored successfully.
As you can see, steps to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling with iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) is very easy. If you have this needs don't miss this tool.
Part 2: How to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling for iOS/Android Devices
There are 2 ways enables you restore WhatsApp backup without installing if you are a iOS user. However, there are some limitations. If you are an Android user, and you want to restore WhatsApp backup from google drive you have to reinstall WhatsApp, which means you have to uninstall WhatsApp. So, iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) is the good way to restore WhatsApp backup without installing for Android user.
- Way 1: Restore WhatsApp Backup Using iTunes
- Way 2: Using iCloud to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
Way 1. Restore WhatsApp Backup Using iTunes
If you are wondering how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling, we would bring the traditional iTunes to your rescue. Guide at below:
- Launch iTunes on your system and connect iPhone then select iPhone icon from top corner.
- Tap 'Summary' >'Restore Backup' > choose a backup file > 'Restore'.
Cons of this method:
- No selective backup
- More space required for full backup
- More time consuming as more data gets restored
- Data loss as old data overwrites the existing one on iPhone.
Way 2. Using iCloud to Restore WhatsApp Backup without Uninstalling
You can also restore WhatsApp using iCloud. The steps are:
Firstly, you need to factory reset your device. Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Contents and Settings'.
- Your device will boot now. When it gets turned on, make sure to follow the setup instructions and reach the 'App & Data' screen.
- From the, pick 'Restore from iCloud Backup'. Now, sign in with iCloud credentials.
Choose the needed backup and there you go; your backup will be restored in a while.
Cons of iCloud restoration:
- You need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp
- Restored data overwrites iPhone data.
- No selective backup or restore supported.
As you have seen that how to restore Whatsapp backup without uninstalling in the above sections. But, they are not completely complying with what your desired outcome must be. They make your data vulnerable while restoring WhatsApp backup. In order to keep the data safe and avoid uninstalling WhatsApp for the restore purpose, it would be better that you switch to a more convenient and trusted option like iCareFone Transfer(iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer) using your local backup.
Here we are ending the topic and we hope that you are now well familiarized with the whole purpose of this article. To restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling, however, we've found that iCareFone Transfer is the most convenient method in WhatsApp backup and restore.
- Flexibly transfer WhatsApp from iPhone 13 to Android;
- Flexibly transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone 13;
- Backup WhatsApp iPhone to PC/Mac Freely & Easily;
- Restore WhatsApp Backup to iPhone, iPad, Android;